+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 168 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Oprah

jman said:

I guess having someone pick up your dogs poop is very important.
    Of course the next step would have to be actually hiring someone to er, assist Ms Oprah herself in bathroom necessities...

wipe her bum, in other words. I sense a Mad Tv sketch in there. Well, the idea, not in her bum necessarily.

FORT Fanatic
    looks like oprah got taken by the con man

a million little lies

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...amesfrey1.html

FORT Fanatic

James sums himself up very well

As he does in the book, over and over again

"I am an Alcoholic and I am a drug Addict and I am a Criminal."

Wasn't that book about the abuse in juvenile hall considered a fake, too? There was a movie made from it, with Brad Pitt & Minnie Driver in it. Who knows, but that's what they said.

Quote Originally Posted by jman79 View Post
    As he does in the book, over and over again

"I am an Alcoholic and I am a drug Addict and I am a Criminal."
    This whole issue, just cracks me up.

When is Oprah going to start back with new shows? Hasn't it been 2 months since she had regular (new) shows?

I just love how no one... did any fact checking. Not even a brief criminal history on this Frey guy just to cover their butts that his story was half way true.

And Oprah is already defending him. I guess this isn't going to be one of her crash moments. haha!

If I was her, I would be more humilated by being conned by this man on national TV than not being able to bully my way into Hermes.

FORT Fanatic
    I didn't see cnn, but I saw clips the next morning. I think Oprah is trying to "save face" by supporting James. She was duped, just like millions of others? Why not just admit it. James credibly was questioned on the "Today Show" in 2003. James also tried to sell the book as fiction, and it got no takers. The problem with Oprah is she truly has too much power. There are to many housewives eating bon-bon's who "buy" Oprah's everyword. I do think James probably had a drinking and drug problem, but nothing like it was in the book. It was just probably a 30 day kinda thing at a rehab center. Looking back, everything in the book was over the top. The denist, Lilly(did Lilly even exist?) etc James seem to be more like a middle class, frat boy who was able to right a nice fairy tale.

James is a major "LOSER" I wish I could use my hand write now, and do the "L" with it.

Btw... Oprah has been on vacation a LONG time. not just like 2 weeks

I feel a letter to Gayle King coming soon
    Last edited by jman79; 01-12-2006 at 11:02 AM.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    Oprah hired a nanny for her new dogs - to clean up after them. That's her job... to scoop their poo.
    I have a problem with her calling the Larry King show and backing that author in his claims that his book is still non-fiction but hiring someone to clean up after your dog is no big deal. Since I can't afford that I personally take my dog out after dark for a walk and let her out at 6 a.m. as I am getting ready for work so she can do her business in the neighborhood and I don't have to worry about cleanup.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I'm not sure that is real fair to your neighbors, actually. When I lived in a townhouse, I used to watch a woman from another block walk her dog to my block to let him poop in other people's yards. Personally, I didn't think that was right. And, NO, she didn't pick up his poop. Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. I finally complained to the manager. :nono I should not have had to. So, yes, you should still clean up after your dog. Dark does not make it right. This is why I have kitties and litter boxes! I hate cleaning them, but at least I don't leave the yuck for other people to "discover".

But, I still love you, AG. Just clean up after your dog!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

*sigh* I love it when Oprah's viewers are condescendingly referred to as "bonbon-eating housewives". First of all - there's no such thing. I sure haven't ever met one. Second - celebrity interviews aside, Oprah provides a lot of current, cultural information and news in an accessible way to millions of people in different countries, of different genders, races, etc. It's hardly surprising that women relate to Oprah, a woman who overcame peronsal obstacles to succeed beyond most people's wildest dreams, who is open about her own problems, and who is often very willing to help and reward others.

My 71-year-old mother told me she didn't even truly understand what being gay meant until she saw it on Oprah. (No kidding.) To my mom, Oprah is just as valid as the drones in suits who anchor the nightly national news. Mom honestly feels that she's learned a lot from watching Oprah - she's certainly more aware of current issues and culture.

I enjoy Oprah. I don't love all her shows, and I don't embrace all of her views (I'm not going to comment any more on the Frey scandal until I read the book myself), but I respect her and appreciate her philanthropic efforts.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    AJane , thank you. I feel like I've been battling the haters all by myself. And I'm through. I know/feel what I feel. You make me feel not so alone. I don't understand all of the hate. She is an amazing person, when you look at her life. I feel good enough about myself to be able to appreciate her. I can only wish the same for others.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread