+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 168 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Oprah

FORT Fogey
    http://apnews1.iwon.com//article/200...D8EOKU3G1.html

I can already list tons of reasons why I can't stand Oprah but now I have another one – she's a BIRD KILLAH!!!

Oprah's Jet Grounded After Striking Bird

Dec 27, 9:26 AM (ET)

SANTA BARBARA, Calif. (AP) - Oprah Winfrey's private jet was forced to return to the city airport after its windshield was cracked in a collision with a bird, officials said.

Winfrey and her boyfriend, Stedman Graham, were not hurt in the incident, which occurred around 12:30 p.m. Monday just after the GulfStream jet had taken off from Santa Barbara Municipal Airport, said Santa Barbara Fire Department spokesman John Ahlman.

"This is not a totally unusual thing," Ahlman said of the cracked windshield. "We see these things pretty frequently."

The plane will remain grounded until its windshield can be repaired, Ahlman said.

Winfrey bought a mansion on 42 acres of land in the hills of nearby Montecito five years ago. The host of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" has won several Emmys and other awards for her work on daytime television.

There's a story in a current magazine - Us or one of those - claiming that Oprah hired a nanny for her new dogs - to clean up after them. That's her job... to scoop their poo.

They quoted Gayle King in it so it must be so

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    There's a story in a current magazine - Us or one of those - claiming that Oprah hired a nanny for her new dogs - to clean up after them. That's her job... to scoop their poo.

Yes, Gayle does seem like the offical spokesperson for Oprah

FORT Fanatic
    Another thing that bugs me about Oprah was after she interviewed Scott Peterson's half sister, she said she will not give Scott the pleasure by doing anymore shows on the case. She did say she would talk to Scott though. And trust me, she has probably tried to get him. I can only imagine what kind of ratings, that would pull in.

Otherwise Oprah, there is no one else to talk to from the case of any interest. Oprah, is the world's biggest Manipulator!

I am sure she tried Sharon and was probably turned down, and I doubt Scott would even talk to her. She is doing datline, in a few weeks, I think.

Oh, and Oprah stop saying, you don't pay your guests. When you plug there book, its the same as cash, just to name a few:

Amy Fisher
    Amber Frey
    Anne Byrd(Scott's half sister)
    Last edited by jman79; 01-03-2006 at 11:32 AM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Hate...Hate......Hate......... ...um-um-um............
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Hate...Hate......Hate......... ...um-um-um............
    ??

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post

. . . if only we poor, innocent members of the public could hire a brand-new, poo-scoopin' nanny to scoop from our ears the poo that Oprah deposits in them every time she opens that useless mouth of hers!!!

Pomeraniac ROFL!!

jman: She said that? Then said she'd interview Scott? Well how much 'satisfaction' would it give him to meet Oprah face to face and have a whole hour devoted to him? More than Oprah interviewing some person tangential to the case I'm sure! Wow, how... confused?!

FORT Fanatic
    Well, if I remember correctly she would interview if he admitted his "guilt" I don't buy it for a second. If he was willing to do an interview she would do in 2 seconds.

Oprah is no different then Jenny Jones, Ricki Lake, Geraldo, Sally Jessy, Rolonda, Maury etc.

You can't blame Oprah, her whole purpose is to bring in ratings, and sell advertisments etc and line her pockets with cash.

The problem with her, which is different than the above hosts, is they are not all preachy, live your best life stuff Oprah does with being spiritual and all the garbage she spills. Oprah always talks about what's important in life, and I guess having someone pick up your dogs poop is very important.

It seems Oprah has compassion for people with food addiction. But if you have another affliction, she shows not much empathy lately. Gamblers, Mindy mcCready(country singer)

Jerry Springer has a thing on his show, and it says polluting the airwaves, since 1991. Oprah has been doing the same, but she started in 1986

FORT Fanatic
    Hmmm... wonder if the queen is losing ground.?

this is from mediaweek.com

Now, I will geive Oprah the beneift of the doubt, they are still in reruns, but I love the decline. And Phil is down too

Wheel of Fortune: 8.2, Jeopardy: 6.7, Everybody Loves Raymond: 6.3, Oprah: 6.2, ESPN NFL Regular Season: 6.0, Seinfeld: 5.5, Seinfeld Weekend: 5.2, Entertainment Tonight and Friends: 4.9 each, Dr. Phil and Judge Judy: 4.7 each, That ‘70s Show: 4.3, CSI: 4.2, Live With Regis & Kelly: 3.9, Everybody Loves Raymond: 3.8, Inside Edition: 3.5, Who Wants to Be a Millionaire: 3.3, Entertainment Tonight Weekend, Judge Joe Brown and King of the Hill: 3.1 each, Wheel of Fortune Weekend: 3.0, Maury and Paramount Plus (movie package) 5: 2.9 each, The Insider, King of Queens and Malcolm in the Middle: 2.8 each, People’s Court: 2.7, Access Hollywood, Cops and Divorce Court: 2.5 each

+ Reply to Thread