+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 168 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Oprah

Quote Originally Posted by applesauce
    So, Tom Cruise was on the show today. I had to turn it off after 15 minutes. Cruise was acting like a freak. He was up, down, on the furniture, jumping around. It was very painful to watch and I just didn't understand what was wrong with him. My SIL was here with me and she too thought he was acting very strange. Maybe the rest of the show was better but I could not continue watching.
    I found him just as irritating to watch as Robin Williams. Luckily, I taped it, so I could just ff through the really annoying parts (yes, it took me maybe 20 minutes to watch the show ). All I can say is this: That girl must be verrry talented
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

yeah, tom was acting like a freak. granted, i think he's acting like a 15 year old in love for the first time. weird to see from tom cruise though.

Did anyone catch as they were going to commercial, Katie lean in and say "I love you" in his ear? Leaping lizards, they've been dating for what, 5 minutes?
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I can't tell you how relieved I am to read these posts...I thought I was alone in this. I have to admit, I've never been a Tom Cruise fan, but yesterday he was a FREAK. He always seems so fake and well, er, ah, ICKY to me. I'm not sure what exactly about him bugs me so much, but he is way up there on my yuck meter. And yesterday, he far surpassed his standing with me, as a matter of fact, he shattered my meter completely. Even though I can't stand him, the first two times he jumped around, I thought, okay, he's trying to show his love (oh brother), but after that, I was screaming for him to sit the **** down.

Speedy, I know what you mean about this marvelous love they have for each other. Good grief, let's see how they feel two months from now, if they're even still together by then. Every time the audience oohed and aahed, I couldn't believe they were buying this crap. How'd you like the way he sneaked in something like "I like to help people, I give advice, I'm known for that," when he was explaining how he met her. What the hell did that have to do with anything. Oh, please...
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

thank goodness it wasn't just me!! I thought I was getting cranky and jaded in my old age. Tom was certainly off kilter yesterday, and Oprah and her love fest certainly didnt deter his behaviour.

Am I the only one that thinks this might be a publicity stunt?

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    All I can say is this: That girl must be verrry talented

Makes you wonder...

oh yeah, i think MOST ppl believe it's a publicity stunt, duxxy, since they both have HUGE summer blockbusters coming out.

but i want to be a romantic and think they're really in lust ... er, i mean, love.

roseskid, i've never been in the hot-for-tom-cruise fanclub either. something to do with his bent nose and his ONE center front tooth.... but i do always enjoy his movies and am dying to see the new spielberg movie, "war of the worlds."

I put a bunch of this over in the moves thread, I don't think it is publicity, isn't he at the level where he doesn't really need it that much? I don't think he is all that either, a good actor but not my cup o tea in the looks dept.

Yesterday he just seemed so weird and hyper and it reminded me of Tana on the Apprentice, I wanted to say enough allready sit down we get it your crazy for her. The kneel, fist pump, hit the ground thing was so bizzare and got more and more painful to watch.

i KNOW! why did he KEEP kneeling and all? seriously, we got it the first couple of times. after that, i was just totally uncomfortable watching him. and grabbing oprah and shaking her? 2 or 3 different times? just weird weird behavior.

I wonder what Oprah thought, she seemed sorta speechless a lot, just shaking her head. The kneeling bit just did me in though, was it sort of a "touch down, kneel and pray" moment? I wonder if katie was embarassed or thought enough allready!

+ Reply to Thread