+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 168 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Oprah

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd
    Or a big Poop!

That's what I was thinking!
    A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy.
    -- Jerry Seinfield

FORT Fanatic
    A little off topic, but she is on Oprah a lot. Is Wynona(sp) Judd. This woman must have affliction known to man. All she does is complain about her life, and how she has it so hard. Could she be happy for at least 2 seconds. Howard Stern played a clip about her letter to food, but she wasn't talking about it in depth, so he stopped playing it. And Kristie Alley is going to be on Monday, to talk about weight. Oprah must think that is the only problem out there. I remember she had a girl who cut herself, and Oprah said of all her years on tv, she has never seen anything that before. God, Oprah is getting so shallow. I remember, when she told everyone that she has to fly to LA to get her eyebrows waxed. Oprah, Chicago is the 3rd biggest city in US, I'm sure she could find someone there. Oprah really has changed. Another thing is Oprah's mannerisms with Gayle King. I don't know if Oprah copies Gayle, or Gayle copies Oprah, but they both have similar mannerisms. And Like Fred, from the Howard Stern show said Gayle is another loud mouth. And Fred rarely talks at all. Gayle King's claim to fame is being Oprah's best friend. I know she was a local tv anchor, but that really is not fame.

Too bad Wynona can't be happy. They had it really rough as kids, but, how much more could she ask for today? Why isn't Oprah telling someone who has it all and still isn't happy, "Wow, you are so messed up" rather than a woman who's been a punching bag most of her adult life? I mean who has more real reason to be unhappy?

Oprah didn't know people cut themselves? I think she's just getting way too sheltered to have a talk show. There is a reason billionaires do not make good talk show hosts.

Flying 2000 miles to get her brows waxed? Well I guess it's her money but... wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy
    Too bad Wynona can't be happy. They had it really rough as kids, but, how much more could she ask for today? Why isn't Oprah telling someone who has it all and still isn't happy, "Wow, you are so messed up" rather than a woman who's been a punching bag most of her adult life? I mean who has more real reason to be unhappy?

Oprah didn't know people cut themselves? I think she's just getting way too sheltered to have a talk show. There is a reason billionaires do not make good talk show hosts.

Flying 2000 miles to get her brows waxed? Well I guess it's her money but... wow.
    Yeah, she mentioned it on the After Show the other day. The one where Nate and the others were up there. She offered to fly one of the audience members that lives in Texas to Los Angeles so that the person that does her eyebrows could help that lady with her eyebrows (she plucked them to death so Oprah told her to let it grow in and that she would fly her to her person and let them do it. Then she said her own eyebrow person could use her person's work as a guide or something). The lady in the audience was so happy.

Well at least she helped that other lady... that will be a once in a lifetime treat for her. That was a nice thing to do. Wonder if she will fly in Oprah's private airplane?

I'm watching Oprah right now and I just wanted to say that I think Kirstie looks great!!!!!!! It is on commercial now so I'm waiting to hear how much she weighed before Jenny Craig.

FORT Regular
    Does anyone know where I could get a clip of the Oprah episode where Tom Cruise was jumping up and down on her furniture? I really want to see that!!!!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by justdecent
    Does anyone know where I could get a clip of the Oprah episode where Tom Cruise was jumping up and down on her furniture? I really want to see that!!!!!
    I saw it on a rerun---I expect it might be a fav rerun for some time to come. Really worth seeing--just bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by justdecent
    Check out www.scientomogy.info - that website has that clip and many others

FORT Fanatic
    I recently talked with a friend who went to a taping of the "Oprah show" and she said she felt Oprah was arrogant, and seemed not to care very much. I don't know if she meant the audience, or the guest(It was the nanny topic) I though Oprah shoook hand with people after the show, but my friend said no, and after the show she just left. They also tell the audience to clap like crazy, but I do believe that the people on the show really are clapping, because they really like Oprah. An talk show they they tell you to clap. The opinion is kid of hersay, but I thought I would post it. Someone else told me something similar, when she saw Oprah.

+ Reply to Thread