+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 168 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oprah

Dont wanna be fatesealed! meeka6's Avatar
    I didnt see it but I wanted to, I saw a clip where she said something about "did you really want to kill yourself or you just all about drama"....WTF is THAT about?!?!? Anyone who attempts to commit suicide knows its not about "drama" there are serious issues at work. I was REALLY dissappointed in Oprah from just that CLIP....I think if I saw the whole show Im be PISSED.

Quote Originally Posted by jman79
    I watched yesterday shows with Mindy and i was really disappointed on Oprah's behavior. What really bothered me was that she told Mindy she is really messed up. The thing was that the the audience laughed once, because they thought it was a joke and so did I, but then Oprah went in for the kill and said you are really "messed up" She said she has never seen a person who was more self-loathing then Mindy. Oprah, you have been on for 20 years(there are other people who have had more serious problems then Mindy) Mindy has some serious issues, but Oprah was cruel. I like Dr. Robin Smith. She should get her own talk show.
    Way to fill the clinically depressed with shame! Yay Oprah??

She is a textbook narcissist, and I'm beginning to wonder if she is a sociopath as well. She and Omagrossa should hook up, and out cruel each other.

The Oma-Oprah show!

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    Feeling out of touch with pop culture...who's Mindy and what problems does she have that Oprah wants to expose on TV?
    Mindy McCready(sp) is a country singer. And she got beaten up by her boyfriend and almost killed. He has beaten her up before. After the beating, she still had sex with him and now is pregnant. I'm sorry, but Oprah was as cold as ice yesterday. Dr Phil must of talked to her. She tried killing herself twice. Asked her if this was more about "drama" than anything else. Then she told Mindy that she is messed up. The audience lauughed and like I said before I did as well. I thought she was kind of kidding around. Than she told Mindy "you are really messed up" I think she said it twice. I have never seen Oprah so cold to a guest. Especially a celebrity. I just got the feeling Oprah didn't like her.

I think Oprah could of been a little nicer. She treated her really bad. She has treated other celebrities who have done a lot worse(and actually Mindy didn't do anything wrong), like gold. I don't think it's necessary to tell someone "you are really messed up, over and over again. The girl is pregnant and probably in fragile condition.
    Last edited by jman79; 11-04-2005 at 02:13 PM.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by jman79
    Mindy McCready(sp) is a country singer. And she got beaten up by her boyfriend and almost killed. He has beaten her up before. After the beating, she still had sex with him and now is pregnant. I'm sorry, but Oprah was as cold as ice yesterday. Dr Phil must of talked to her. She tried killing herself twice. Asked her if this was more about "drama" than anything else. Then she told Mindy that she is messed up. The audience lauughed and like I said before I did as well. I thought she was kind of kidding around. Than she told Mindy "you are really messed up" I think she said it twice. I have never seen Oprah so cold to a guest. Especially a celebrity. I just got the feeling Oprah didn't like her.

I think Oprah could of been a little nicer. She treated her really bad. She has treated other celebrities who have done a lot worse(and actually Mindy didn't do anything wrong), like gold. I don't think it's necessary to tell someone "you are really messed up, over and over again. The girl is pregnant and probably in fragile condition.
    I didn't get the impression that Oprah was being harsh to Mindy. Mindy has had plenty of problems other than her boyfriend..she has been arrested for DUI, trying to push fake prescriptions for Oxycotin....maybe she needs to have a rude awakening by someone other than her family who by their own admission "tip toes" around the situation. Mindy also doesn't seem to want to help herself..she admitted to seeing the boyfriend even tho SHE has a protective order against him and is not supposed to see him and yet she still does and tries to protect the man who beat her! Mindy needs to open her eyes and maybe with Oprah being "harsh" and Mindy watching herself on national TV..maybe that will be the push in the right direction.
    On a sidenote..I agree with a previous poster...I also love Dr. Robin Smith...she's awesome!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fanatic
    Yeah, Dr. Robin Smith is excellent. I wish she was my shrink. I remember years ago Sally Jesse had this awful therapist on. I think her name was "gilda" she was the biggest joke.

Mindy needs to open her eyes and maybe with Oprah being "harsh" and Mindy watching herself on national TV..maybe that will be the push in the right direction.
    Very, very dangerous and risky. (Mindy) has a troubled past and tried to kill herself twice - and Oprah is most definitely not a psychiatric doctor - and plays one badly on Tv.

IMO this is nothing more than distaste at anyone reflecting back to Oprah a self she once was. The Oprah who stuffed herself with frozen hot dog buns topped with molasses because her eating disorder was that out of control. Eating disorder, fueled by anxiety. This is exactly why I stopped watching her show - as soon as Oprah felt she had scaled that mountain of self-realisation she spit down on everybody else still climbing behind her.

She completely blames people for their troubles, and just wants to toss New Age soporisms at them. Find your power, be grateful each day, etc. Again, she is NOT a shrink. She should stick to discussing her new hairdo or puffing up a celebrity for a living. She could have done serious damage to that girl. If that girl commits suicide even in small part due to her national humiliation on this show I hope her family gets every penny Oprah's got. Then let's see her start again in the real world, and try that crap where someone can swing back at her. No I do not have any time for Oprah and her self-love. What if someone had put her on Tv in her hot dog bun eating days and sneered at her as well?

FORT Fanatic
    [QUOTE=Brandy]Very, very dangerous and risky. (Mindy) has a troubled past and tried to kill herself twice - and Oprah is most definitely not a psychiatric doctor - and plays one badly on Tv.QUOTE]

Very good point. Oprah is no different then Jerry Springer or Jenny Jones. Oprah is just a good manipulator. The show has a format of making you believe that she is helping, but truly she is not!

You don't put people on TV who are not stable. Even if the person thinks they are. It can lead to bad things. Everyone thinks that Jerry Springer's show is "fake" Maybe some, but not totally. There has been at least 2 or 3 deaths after people were on his show. Death after Jenny Jones.

Actually, Howard Stern is probably a nicer person then Oprah. At Least, when you go on his show you know what you are in store for.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I think mindy is in constant victim mode. She needs to leave her boyfriend.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Thanks for the info on Mindy, jman79--I'd completely missed all that... and I like country music.
    Maybe Oprah was trying a sort of intervention...being charitable here...but doesn't sound very well planned.

It's clear Oprah also doesn't understand battered woman's syndrome, etc. (Her disgust at Mindy for going back to him).

All that New Age reading, gurus, etc., and she seems to have skipped compassion as well.

I don't like Dr Phil either... didn't he lose his license to practise for having an affair with a young (adult) patient?

+ Reply to Thread