+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 168 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Oprah

I hardly watch Oprah, but I saw the episode about husbands killing their wives. God, did that one scare me. The guy who killed his kids and then went after his ex wife, hearing about that was very scarey.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

The last episode of Oprah I watched was Oprah's 50th Birthday celebration which was so WOW. But makes me feel why am I so broke.
    [ all we need is love and peace ] [ ]

I have gotten into Oprah lately, she is better than ever herself and the wildest dreams things are so fun to watch. I am liking the shows more now.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    I love most of her shows.....last one I saw was Scott Peterson's sister discussing her new book....really interesting.

I saw the episode with Scott Peterson's sister. They also had an expert on sociopaths and he said that the leading cause of death for pregnant women is their husbands killing them! That's just scary!
    A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy.
    -- Jerry Seinfield

Quote Originally Posted by BubbleBunny
    I saw the episode with Scott Peterson's sister. They also had an expert on sociopaths and he said that the leading cause of death for pregnant women is their husbands killing them! That's just scary!
    Absolutely frightening. Poor Laci.

Did anyone catch the episode with Amber Frey.......very interesting.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Anyone see today's Oprah (4/20) about putting your husband before your children?

What an interesting show. I've always been from the school of making your marriage and your relationship your #1 priority. If you don't have a loving relationship, it makes it hard to have a happy home. I think the most important thing a parent can do for their child is to show love and respect for the other parent. I love my daughter with my heart and soul. I'd lay in the road and die for her tomorrow. But, it is important not to make THEIR life YOUR life. I want her to remember how much love there is between her daddy and I - that our home is full of love. If you put that relationship on hold, eventually it doesn't become as loving. It was amazing to me the women who felt like they could put their marriage on hold for a few years while they tended to their kids.

Very interesting.

Did anyone else catch today's show about hoarders? I missed the first 20-30 minutes of it when they gave an update on Carol, the woman who was living in that house full of dog poo. They sent Kim and Aggie from How Clean is Your House? to clean up her house when she was on the show about 6 months ago.... apparently, her house was a biohazard. I was just curious about how she's done since they cleaned her house. I tried going to Oprah's site, but it kept crashing my browser. Did anyone watch who can tell me what happened?

I did see the part with the woman with 81 cats and 30 litter boxes! I have 2 cats and I love them dearly, but my rule is that I only have as many cats as I have bedrooms. I can't imagine what that house must smell like. I felt so sorry for her 13 year old daughter having to live in that. We all think our parents are weird at that age under normal circumstances. Can you imagine growing up in that house?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I caught that as well, Critical. Egads! 81 cats! I have two myself and am always paranoid about the smell. I couldn't imagine cleaning up after that many every day.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

+ Reply to Thread