+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 168 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Oprah

LemonDrop - elaborate?

FORT Fanatic
    Hmmm.. I don't think Oprah is a bigot at all. But I do remember several years ago on the show where she either scolded a white or a black girl and the viewers said she was a racist. But it was so long ago, I can't remember which side the viewers took. Like I said Oprah has probably been called every name in the book. I think when your on TV if you blink the wrong way, people probably write in. You have to be SOOOOOOOO thick skinned, because if your not, your in the wrong profression.

A *little* off topic, but I have watched the Tyra Banks show a couple of times, and its really bad. She is trying to be a young Oprah, and it comes off so phony. The only part I like is the 30 second song in the beginning, and then I switch.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    So far i've hated all of these season's shows except for the one on the "Crash" special.
    I'm hoping she'll show if the overweight twin has lost weight.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

jman I wouldn't know what Oprah's personal views are... I do think she's long past caring what the public thinks one way or the other. And if she did have a day where something bothered her, she'd just break out one of her New Age teachers or their books. I do wish she'd stop looking down on everyone else now that she thinks cos she's read (and met) Deepak Chopra she's a guru herself.

I like Tyra but I found her talk show a bit boring. She needs to understand that cruel as it sounds, drawing out the suspense a bit when someone meets a long lost whatever, is better television than saying "Oh I don't want to make you wait. Here they are!" She can do that in her spare time, but if she's filming it, she's gotta think 'entertainment' first. Boring doesn't sell.

I'm not saying 'go Jerry Springer' and I sure hope she doesn't go 'Oprah' and contemplate her navel. Just needs to learn some P's & Q's of tv hosting. Nicey-nice isn't drama.

The reason I think Oprah is a bigot is I have watched her for years. I have seen her evolve as a "host" and she is a bigot! The guests she has had on over the years....the views she has very subtly presented.....have changed my mind.

Let me put it this way...... Besides the infamous "Hermes" incident (which showed HER biogotry) she has taught us that "Ebony" magazine is cool but if we had "Ivory" magazine, God help us all! AND....don't jump on me because I am not advocating "Ivory" magazine. I also condemn "Ebony".

The only way to equality is to not show how different we are but how similiar we are. And that goes for all the hispanic magazines in Texas and California. THAT...is biogotry.

Oprah is certainly a promoter of biogotry.

Don't care if she's gay. That's her business. But racial prejudice is a real problem in our country and I'm sick and tired of everyone trying to say it's okay for Ebony magazine to exist but not Ivory magazine! Hello????

FORT Fanatic
    [QUOTE=LemonDrop]
    Let me put it this way...... Besides the infamous "Hermes" incident (which showed HER biogotry) she has taught us that "Ebony" magazine is cool but if we had "Ivory" magazine, God help us all! AND....don't jump on me because I am not advocating "Ivory" magazine. I also condemn "Ebony".

The Hermes thing was pretty bad. She herself pulled the "race card" on it, as her "crash" moment, it was all over every entertainment show etc. And she even stated that she thought it was racial. Her people shut her up real quick, because "race" was never mentioned again about the hermes ordeal. I still don't think she is a bigot, just a bad error in judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by jman79
    A *little* off topic, but I have watched the Tyra Banks show a couple of times, and its really bad. She is trying to be a young Oprah, and it comes off so phony. The only part I like is the 30 second song in the beginning, and then I switch.
    I've tried to watch Tyra and she just really grates on my nerves! Love some of her topics but she just drives me nuts!

As for Oprah, I think she has had wayyyyyyyyy too many celebs on!

She made Hermes publicly apologise and she dragged their name brand through the mud. All cos she didn't get star treatment cos the store was already closing. Come on, Oprah. Come down from planet Celebrity and join the real world.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by LemonDrop
    The reason I think Oprah is a bigot is I have watched her for years. I have seen her evolve as a "host" and she is a bigot! The guests she has had on over the years....the views she has very subtly presented.....have changed my mind.

The only way to equality is to not show how different we are but how similiar we are. And that goes for all the hispanic magazines in Texas and California. THAT...is biogotry.

Oprah is certainly a promoter of biogotry.

Don't care if she's gay. That's her business. But racial prejudice is a real problem in our country and I'm sick and tired of everyone trying to say it's okay for Ebony magazine to exist but not Ivory magazine! Hello????
    This has to be a joke? Your Ivory magazine is all of the beauty magazines or mainstream magazines that under-represents minorities in their pages and teaches us that the standard of beauty is white or blond with blue eyes. Heaven forbid minorities create spaces that helps uplift thier people because we know the mainstream wont.

Well - to be fair, not all or even most of the models have blond/blue. Janice Dickinson and Gia were one of the first ones to change that. But I do hear your point, and I don't see anything wrong with Ebony or anything else like that.

+ Reply to Thread