+ Reply to Thread
Page 167 of 168 FirstFirst ... 67117157158159160161162163164165166167168 LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 1676

Thread: Oprah

Re: Oprah

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I have this on my DVR with a big K on it. On DIRCTV that means you keep it until you delete it. I intend to watch this again and again.

phroshay, I agree and give you a too. Amazing woman and perfect finale.
    Well thats very cool. I recorded it, and I know what its on. I have put it with my O collection of DVd's that dd bought me..

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Yeah, it's over. Now if only the OWN network could disappear.
    I agree, unless they get some programming that's actually watchable. I've tuned in to various shows and none of them really kept my interest I might watch Becoming Chaz if I could ever figure out when it's on. None of the OWN shows seem to be on OnDemand either, which is how I end up watching most things.

The mistake I think Oprah made with her show - and it looks like it's being made with OWN too - is not having full episodes available online. Especially with a small cable channel, that's the best way to get the word out and get people interested enough to ask their cable provider to carry a channel.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

The two-day star studded tribute to Oprah was just that, a tribute TO Oprah. SHE DID NOT PLAN IT, and SHE DID NOT EVEN KNOW ABOUT IT!!! In fact, she had said to her producers that SHE DID NOT WANT any kind of a tribute --- but they did it anyway.

In my mind, she ABSOLUTELY DESERVED to have that kind of tribute. How many people can we count, out of the millions and millions of people on this planet, who have come up from absolutely the worst circumstances of birth and early life, (i.e. abject poverty, childhood rape, abuse, parental abandonment, and more, not to mention being a little black girl in a viciously segregated South!), and risen to become, not only one of the most wealthy and powerful people in the world, but one of the most gracious, generous and evolved. My goodness, like her or don't like her, but we have to acknowledge that she is a very, very special person who has spent practically her whole life helping others to have the best life possible.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Well put.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Imperfect1.

Imperfect1

very well said!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I agree, unless they get some programming that's actually watchable. I've tuned in to various shows and none of them really kept my interest I might watch Becoming Chaz if I could ever figure out when it's on. None of the OWN shows seem to be on OnDemand either, which is how I end up watching most things.

The mistake I think Oprah made with her show - and it looks like it's being made with OWN too - is not having full episodes available online. Especially with a small cable channel, that's the best way to get the word out and get people interested enough to ask their cable provider to carry a channel.
    I'm really bummed that her shows weren't online. I worked when her show was on and really wanted to see these last episodes and can't. I would have watched them online (I don't have all that DVR technology stuff).

And OWN I would probably catch episodes here and there online as well.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

FORT Fogey

I believe she is an avatar in the original definition.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I believe she is an avatar in the original definition.
    Which reminds me of a joke: What's the difference between God and Oprah? God doesn't think he's Oprah. *badumpching!*
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread