+ Reply to Thread
Page 164 of 168 FirstFirst ... 64114154155156157158159160161162163164165166167168 LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1676

Thread: Oprah

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Oprah

When Kristen Chenowith started singing and the Morehouse men that Oprah assisted started walking in, I lost it again. Oprah started crying and I just fell into step. What a beautiful sight.

I remember when Oprah was in her earlier days, if you were around a bunch of guys, they'd start crabbing about how their women were always talking about/quoting Oprah! I think, mostly, they were doing it just to try to get "something" started....and we'd always rise to the bait!!! Those were good times. They'd be peeking at each other out of the corner of their eyes and slyly smiling.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

That fact that 64,600+ people continued their educations because she inspired them (and sometimes paid their tuitions) made me cry today.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    When Kristen Chenowith started singing and the Morehouse men that Oprah assisted started walking in, I lost it again. Oprah started crying and I just fell into step. What a beautiful sight.
    That's my favorite moment of both shows. Just beautiful!

I've always kind of wondered to what has happened to some of the people she has paid tuition for on her show.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    That fact that 64,600+ people continued their educations because she inspired them (and sometimes paid their tuitions) made me cry today.
    I lost it, I think she's wonderful.I dont think I can cry anymore.

FORT Fogey

I absolutely loved the two United Center shows. The thing I enjoyed the most overall was that Oprah's reactions seemed so genuine. To me, you could tell the difference between the celebrities who appeared who are true friends to her, and those who are "professional friends". There were some people who came out, and her reactoin seemed like "Oprah Behind the Scenes". Then there were others who came out, and she seemed more like "Oprah Show" Oprah. To me, the Behind the Scenes people were her true friends. In the moments where she was so moved, especially when the Moorhouse men came out, it was emotional because she was so genuine, and the audience could feel for her. I also thought it was interesting that the things her closest friends presented were the scholarship recipients, and the fact that she brings her lunch to work each day. I want to believe that they decided those were the most important things to tell the world about. But it left me wondering, I had no idea that she'd funded the Moorhouse scholarship, or the many other ones. All I knew about was the school in Africa. Has she ever been very public about the number of scholarships she pays for?

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

WOW!!! Those 2 shows were the most incredible TV I've watched in a long time, and being an Oprah lover, I was so unbelievably happy for her. She is an amazing woman who is truly using her life for the highest purpose! And I know there was not enough time in those 2 shows to mention much of the other great work she's done for people. Truly amazing, and I'm so glad she will now have the time to really devote to OWN, which I have a feeling, will really blossom into an incredible TV network and a source for good.

FORT Fogey

to Sherry and her entire staff for staging this event. It was staggering. I cannot phathom what it took to pull this off. Getting the guests was the easy part. Everything else, wow! The video footage on the white cards held by audience members was only one of hundreds of details that took time and skill.

Stedman was nervous and Oprah was tense because she saw this. Very sweet.

I'm recording and will watch all of this later. I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    to Sherry and her entire staff for staging this event. It was staggering. I cannot phathom what it took to pull this off. Getting the guests was the easy part. Everything else, wow! The video footage on the white cards held by audience members was only one of hundreds of details that took time and skill.

Stedman was nervous and Oprah was tense because she saw this. Very sweet.
    I loved that he was there. He was nervous, and it was sweet to see them hug after he came off stage . Good things for good people.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 05-25-2011 at 12:15 PM.

+ Reply to Thread