+ Reply to Thread
Page 162 of 168 FirstFirst ... 62112152153154155156157158159160161162163164165166167168 LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1676

Thread: Oprah

FORT Fogey

Re: Oprah

Thanks Poppy.

We are never going to know the truth but this article was particularly packed full!

I believe Maria's thanks to Oprah ending in the word truth, was not a jab at Arnold. I think she and Oprah had talked about her marriage over the years and got a headful of truth from Oprah but Maria was too Catholic (her words) to move on the advice.
    Last edited by shoepie; 05-19-2011 at 05:14 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

There's bound to eventually be a book tied to this. And, yes, I will read it.

And, yes, I think it makes plenty of sense that Maria would answer her phone, even if out with Queen Oprah....and Oprah would understand. Maria's family is in crisis, and Oprah is her friend, and this is a rapidly changing situation of which she needs to be aware. And I'm sure she didn't care what anyone thought about her answering her phone at that point. This was not exactly just another dinner with friends.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 05-19-2011 at 09:58 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Sadly this is local news in California... at least Los Angeles. You cannot escape it and it's the 2nd, if not the LEAD story on the local news.

It's been said that Maria was told back in January and that lead to the departure of the woman from the household. It's been debated whether Maria insisted she be fired or Arnold fired her to appease Maria. The woman was not happy how she was treated, stewed about it and threatened to go public. Apparently she and Maria were pregnant at the same time and they both delivered their baby boys just days apart.

Gawd, it's so tabloid it's unreal. Nothing surprising since it's Arnold. Sad for Maria and her children.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Gayle King was on the After HW's Show with Andy Cohen last night. You can to see on Bravo. She told what happened. She said Maria got the call that it was going to go public before they went to dinner. She gave a few more details, but not much.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Back to the show...

I caught the one yesterday about Erin, the woman who died of breast cancer and had made video tapes of herself for her daughter when she was gone. I remember crying when I saw her on the show 10 years ago and was not even a mother yet, and I bawled my eyes out again yesterday. It was nice to see that her daughter appreciates the videos as a piece of the love her mother shared. Her final words that her husband shared yesterday - wow. So powerful.

I also remember when Mattie Stepanek was first on Oprah. I thought she had a really nice tribute to him today. To hear about what first brought him to Oprah and then the kind of relationship he had with her. Incredible. So old and wise beyond his years.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Gayle King was on the After HW's Show with Andy Cohen last night. You can to see on Bravo. She told what happened. She said Maria got the call that it was going to go public before they went to dinner. She gave a few more details, but not much.
    Thanks, I will go check that out.

I heard on TV this morning that Maria confronted Patty and she confessed. So I guess Maria put the puzzle pieces together recently. I cannot believe that she would have held this suspicion for long.

I wonder what happened that it hit news when it did. They had kept this a secret for months.

edited to add: I just watched the clips on Bravo and they did not include her talking about Maria. Can you remember anything more? I did see clip on youtube on Gayles own show that mentioned it was the news breaking that night.
    Last edited by shoepie; 05-21-2011 at 07:55 AM.

Maria / Arnold have been all over the news here since it happened.
    Seems that she found out back in January, as she was looking at condos at that time.
    They've been apart for quite a while now.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Maria / Arnold have been all over the news here since it happened.
    Seems that she found out back in January, as she was looking at condos at that time.
    They've been apart for quite a while now.
    I heard their house was up for sale. I believe half of what I hear but it is clear that this is not new to them. It just hit the media recently. They are done; it is clear. It has been coming for a long time.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Being that this is a local story here in Southern California, you can't escape hearing about it all.the.time. "I heard" and "they said" etc. etc. etc. There's been so much dis/information about Arnold & Maria. But honestly, at this point I just have to wonder what any of it matters? I'll fathom to guess that none of us on this board knows either of them and what's happening to them won't change our lives in any way. This-story, then that-story, then the-other-story... I guess I'm just in the camp that says "eh, interesting" and doesn't much care "what really happened".

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

This discussion has really left Oprah in the dust - can you please move over to the Celebrity Gossip forum? People are discussing it there as well.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread