+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oprah

FORT Fanatic

Re: Oprah

I taped the show with Meredith but it was so raw I couldn't watch all of it. I always thought she was an excellent actress. She did a TV movie some years ago abut Betty Broderick, a wealthy lawyer's wife who murdered her cheating ex-husband and his much younger wife.

Broderick is still in prison and recently denied parole because she has never admitted any sorrow over killing her childrens' father and his new wife. I read a book about her -fascinating. The ex-husband was so smart he could play Betty like a violin and knew which button to press.

i'm a huge diana ross fan. HUGE! i've been saving this episode to watch when i can really sit down and watch it!

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Did anyone watch DIANA ROSS on Oprah yesterday? OMG, she is still just so awesome. 5 beautiful children all grown up and all educated at top universities. AND BILLY DEE WILLIAMS … omg, he is such a class act. Diana was so surprised.

Great show.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You will not be disappointed!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly View Post
    i'm a huge diana ross fan. HUGE! i've been saving this episode to watch when i can really sit down and watch it!
    I agree with prhoshay. Excellent show and I was left with a very favorable opinion of Dianna, especially her relationship with her children. I'm a big believer that you can't fool kids. They can always see who's genuine and who's a phony. Anyone could see that she was a loving, caring mother just based on her kids' reaction to her.

David Birney Denies Abuse Claims by Meredith Baxter
    BY MIKE FLEEMAN

Breaking his silence, David Birney issued a forceful denial of ex-wife Meredith Baxter's allegations he abused her during their 16-year marriage. The rest of the article ….

David Birney Denies Abuse Claims by Meredith Baxter - David Birney, Meredith Baxter : People.com

Well I will say, while watching Oprah, the children, now grown adults, totally agreed with everything MB said on her horrific marriage to David. Oprah said during the show that her staff reached out to David for any comments and he declined to comment … NOW he is coming out claiming none of that happened. I will say, MB was a wreck talking about it. Michael Gross even said it was an awful time for MB.

Soooo … ugh …
    KAREN

The truth probably lies somewhere in between both stories. The kids really did seem to support Meredith's assertions about David's emotional abuse but I was a little surprised at how strongly she reacted at times to something that happened quite awhile ago. I remember once, watching her, wondering if she was just practicing her craft because it seemed a little OTT.
    I am not saying that she's lying...her kids definitely backed up her story about his temperment.
    She seems to be in such a good place in her life right now that I was just a little suspicious of the depth of the pain that remains.

the pain of being an abused woman never goes away - especially when you've been emotionally abused as well as physically.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I confess that I was a bit skeptical about MB's continual crying. I took it as more of a symptom of some sort of condition like stress, depression, or hormonal imbalance than sorrow over the abuse she endured so long ago. Very little of what she had to say impressed me as being authentic, either.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    the pain of being an abused woman never goes away - especially when you've been emotionally abused as well as physically.
    Amen.

I loved watching the rerun of the camping trip.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    You're right. The pain of being abused never goes away. The same could be said for a lot of really tragic things that happen to us. But I think you can learn to deal with that pain, with a lot of conscious work and not give it the power to keep hurting you at the level it once did. You can choose to keep that pain alive or take control of it. I'm just glad that she has been able to come to a really happy place in her life.

+ Reply to Thread