+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oprah

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Oprah

There is a huge difference between celebs who are overexposed, and ones you seldom hear about.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I only saw part of the show. Did she talk about Michael Jackson?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I only saw part of the show. Did she talk about Michael Jackson?
    NOPE, no mention of MJ!
    Before Oprah brought out Billy Dee Williams she said to the audience that Diana did not want any surprises but that Oprah felt that Diana would LOVE this surprise as she yelled "Billy Dee Williams please come out" and sure enough Diana was SHOCKED and THRILLED.
    That being said, I am sure there was a list that Diana had for Oprah's people of what was ok to discuss and what was not ok to discuss.

All in all, I absolutely love Diana Ross and being of the 'baby boomer' generation, we all listened to her in high school and LOVED HER SO!!! And I just recently watched a rerun on cable of "Lady Sings the Blues" ...
    KAREN

I really liked the Supremes growing up. I vividly recall the song called Love Child. I wasn't quite sure what they were talking about, but I guessed. LOL I was just a kid, but loved adult themes. I remember wondering and wondering what Lady Willpower was about too! The days of innocence.

Here's a link for Love Child. The song still holds up today, although there isn't the stigma of having a child out of wedlock like there was then.
    YouTube - Diana Ross & The Supremes - Love Child

I was fascinated with today's show with Meredith Baxter.

I always thought she was so beautiful and boy, did I learn a lot! I remember Bridget Loves Birney. Mostly because at that time I was a young Catholic girl engaged to a Jewish boy, and, like them, that marriage didn't work either but for different reasons. I did totally relate to her explaination of why she married David Birney, who she came to realize was the same personality as her mother. Up to that point, our lives were exactly alike. Same mother, married a man with the same personality but although familiar, only heartache can be achieved. But no regrets because I had two beautiful children.

I had no idea that she was an alcoholic, nor had I heard that she is now a lesbian. She seems happy (finally) and her children seem devoted to her. It was a good show and she's still incredibly beautiful, without plastic surgery. Or at least, she doesn't appear to have that odd look one gets with surgery.

I wish I could stomach Oprah - because I really wanted to see Meredith Baxter.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Oh, so sad I missed Meredith. I have been a fan of hers since I was a child. I remember BRidget loves Birney and then she was on Family for years. I lvoed that show.

I always thought she was so beautiful and talented. She never got enough credit for her acting IMO. I think she has so much class. I'm glad to hear she's doing well. I heard she was a lesbian about a year ago. I was shocked too.

OMG what an awesome show yesterday. I absolutely LOVE MB and I needed to see this show. It was so riveting. David Birney abused her throughout their 15 year marriage. It was so bad that even talking about it years later she just breaks down and cries and cries. Three of her children were there. All grown up, beautiful children who love their mom to death.
    She has a gf now. Has been with her almost 5 years. MB has written a book called "UNTIED".
    Highlight of the show was when Michael Gross came walking out … they hugged and hugged. He was her rock throughout Family Ties.
    It was an awesome show.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I remember BRidget loves Birney and then she was on Family for years. I lvoed that show.
    thanks! I had forgotten about Family. What a great show that was. I loved all the characters.

I saw Meredith on something last night (ET - I think) she is such a broad - I just love her!!
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread