+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 168 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Oprah

I did enjoy the Faith Hill show and yesterdays show about child sexual preditors was good.

Two weeks ago we had a " near abduction" of our child in our front yard. My neighbor and I never let our kids play in the front unless we are there. She was on her porch and I went inside to get something and a man drove up and tried to get my daughter to get in the car with him. He did not see my neighbor on her porch. We have played that very scenario with our daughter a hundred times and she ran to get me, and my neighbor came down and when the man saw her he sped off. We filed a report but nothing yet.

We live in the Dallas area and the police in charge told us there are aprox 3000 un accounted for registered offenders from New Orleans and it is probable many are here in the Dallas area. In the past three weeks we have had 4 near misses including my daughters. Yesterdays show really hit close to home, made me wonder why are they still on the streets period?

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I have enjoyed her show with the author of He's just not that into you, Greg Bherendt.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Miss Understood:

Oh my goodness, that is horrible. I have chills reading that close call.

When I was 11 a man tried to (I think now) abduct me from a K Mart. Without getting into too much detail here. I'm not gonna tell how I figured out how to give him the slip either cos some perv out there might read it and ... I can't even finish that sentence.

They should NOT be on the streets, AT all, period, in my opinion. Also sentencing is WAY too light even if they did have to eventually let them out. And 'time off for good behavior' in prison is something I have never understood! Who's there for them to bother in prison?! They WANT to get out of prison faster so they can keep up their sickness out of prison.

Thank heavens the child knew what to do!! Maybe form neighborhood watches so all the kids are similarly protected in your area, and maybe even suggest to the PD that they spread the word on that. Other households need to realise just how close a call can be and to watch out for their neighbors too. I can't imagine how those creeps know to somehow swoop down the second a back is turned but somehow, they seem to!!! Why doesn't our govt do something. Look at all the pictures on the missing kids website etc. And from what I read it is mostly the SAME ones over and over again, keep them in jail in the first place! They 99.9 % of teh time do NOT get better.

Miss, keep up the great work and your neighbor too!! I guess til this improves you cannot even go indoors for a minute. God bless.

I hope he did not try it at someone else's house but...

We spread the word very quickly and of course have neighborhood watch programs but just shows you can't be too careful.

I can't decide whether to watch Oprah today or not.
    She's been too celebrity heavy with her new season of programs for my liking and today she has on the cast of Crash.

Now if it wasn't Oprah I'd be inclined to watch because I really enjoyed that movie, even broke my Sandra Bullock embargo to watch it, but I can see Oprah turning it into a whole persdonal deal and ignoring the greater issue of the movie.
    Oprah has become very much all about Oprah lately and I enjoy her show far less because of it.

Im looking forward to her update on the twins where one is obese and the other is thin.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me

FORT Fanatic
    I have turned off Oprah, unless she does show where the show isn't all about her or celebrity based(hard to do). The show on the pedophiles was a good show. It makes people vigilant, and showed the face of the victims(the parents and the children)

Although, She was acting a little Dr. Philish.

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaDeeDa
    If she didn't announce that she did this or that, she would have been accused of doing nothing at all. Famous people can't win in situations like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by jman79
    Not true. Ellen Degeneres is from New Orleans, and she did what could it a very tasteful manner.
    Yea, but Ellen doesn't catch the hell that Oprah does. Nobody dogs Ellen for what she shows on HER show, what she DOES or DOES NOT do, or what kind of person she is the way they do Oprah.

I like both shows and both ladies, but for very different reasons.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by realityluver
    Yea, but Ellen doesn't catch the hell that Oprah does. Nobody dogs Ellen for what she shows on HER show, what she DOES or DOES NOT do, or what kind of person she is the way they do Oprah.

I like both shows and both ladies, but for very different reasons.
    I think, for those of us who have criticized her about this, Oprah seems to make it more about herself. No matter what the story is, nothing seems to be more important than what Oprah did about it or how Oprah feels about it (JMVHO). Ellen is more humble and low key and not all "Queen of the Universe-y" like Oprah.

Oprah's show seems to have turned into an hour long version of Access Hollywood lately. AND - there isn't a star big enough to warrant getting the whole hour. It just feels like she tries to cram too much into the hour - too many topics, too many guests. I'm not feeling it. That being said, I did watch the episode with Orlando Bloom - he's pretty
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I liked today's show on "Crash". I saw the movie and liked it. It is however dissapointing how those types of things still happen.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me

+ Reply to Thread