+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oprah

Re: Oprah

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3750585;
    Ayers recently joked that he wrote it and wanted his portion of the royalties and wingtards -- who wouldn't know how to check a fact if their imbecilic lives depended upon it -- believe it. The joke is on them, yet again.

As far as Palin goes, it's quite obvious that that idiot has likely never read a book -- so there's no way she could write one.
    There's a running joke going around...."Palin finished her first book. No word on whether she plans to read another one".

I read an article today that really calls her out on her book content.
    McCain Campaign Emails Contradict Palin's "Going Rogue"
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

JavaJo and Chrisg--I've started a thread on the Current Events board to discuss the accusations that Palin is making in her book. ("Palin Attacks McCain")

I'd be honored if you'd join in the discussion there.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3750637;
    JavaJo and Chrisg--I've started a thread on the Current Events board to discuss the accusations that Palin is making in her book. ("Palin Attacks McCain")
    Good Lord! Can you imagine if those two had gotten elected? The whole world dodged a bullet on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3750585;
    Ayers recently joked that he wrote it and wanted his portion of the royalties and wingtards -- who wouldn't know how to check a fact if their imbecilic lives depended upon it -- believe it. The joke is on them, yet again.

As far as Palin goes, it's quite obvious that that idiot has likely never read a book -- so there's no way she could write one.

this morning on The Today Show they reviewed a few exerpts from her book and it sounds like a transcript from an interview.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3750749;
    this morning on The Today Show they reviewed a few exerpts from her book and it sounds like a transcript from an interview.
    On my new thread about Palin's book on the Current Events board I link some reviews which quote the book too.

Also on Friday one of the morning news shows--I think GMA?--had somone--Nancy Snow I think-who had read an advance copy talking about it.

(I apologize for not remembering which network news show it was--I switch around among all three each morning.)

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3750637;
    --I've started a thread on the Current Events board to discuss the accusations that Palin is making in her book. ("Palin Attacks McCain")
    Already locked! That didn't take long.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

I hope I get to see at least part of Oprah's interview with Palin today. I want to see how Lady O handles her.
    Last edited by Wind Dancer; 11-16-2009 at 12:39 PM.

took the words right out of my mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3749149;
    Oh c'mon. It was a very intense interview and needed a little bit of lighting up. Charla even replied light heartedly with a bit of a chuckle "yes, that's one way." I thought Oprah did a great job with it and was very sensitive to her and very sweet, wiping her face and holding her hand....walking with her through the halls of the hospital. It wasn't a big deal....and I highly doubt Charla took it that way, so I won't.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3749149;
    Oh c'mon. It was a very intense interview and needed a little bit of lighting up. Charla even replied light heartedly with a bit of a chuckle "yes, that's one way." I thought Oprah did a great job with it and was very sensitive to her and very sweet, wiping her face and holding her hand....walking with her through the halls of the hospital. It wasn't a big deal....and I highly doubt Charla took it that way, so I won't.
    But Oprah didn't say it to lighten the moment. She is obviously very upset and focused on her own weight. Charla doesn't have a weight problem and doesn't need to be worried about it. It was just a dumb statement to make. If I was sitting there with my face ripped off, nubs for hands, and someone commented that it would be a good way to keep off weight, I would volunteer to send a 200 pound chimp over to start her new weight loss program. I don't hate Oprah, in fact most of the time I kind of like her. I still think it was a dumb thing to say.

lol, wtf ^ did she really say that

seriously though imo, i think the lady would be better off dead

imo...her condition is not "living", a blob with a hole in it and nubs is not better than being dead

i woulda asked the doc to OD me on morphine

+ Reply to Thread