+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oprah

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Oprah

Does anyone still get this show twice/day? We only get it once, now.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

We still get it twice a day in Chicago...

FORT Regular

Wow, can you believe how much weight Oprah has gained??? I mean she is a beautiful woman and all with by far the best hairdressers and make-up artists around but Wow. Half of her shows this year have been about dieting etc. The best exercise she could do is the old table push-away.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

if she didn't mention it, i would notice ... but then again, i don't notice things like that.
    i think if celebrities would stop talking about weight and just BE, the world would be a more pleasant place.

I agree if she didn't constantly bring it up I probably wouldn't have noticed either.

Anyone see the one with the woman who had the flesh eating bacteria? I can't believe a simple cut on the finger led to her having so much of her body removed....so scary! That show really got to me.

I'd like to see Oprah have some gay people, who have survived their school years, on the show to address what they know to be the TRUTH about what happens to kids who are "different".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Did anyone download the free KFC coupons? I downloaded my four but didn't get the chance to use them before KFC decided they could no longer honor them due to the overwhelming response. They really should have limited it to one per computer and maybe give a longer redemption period so that people would have more time. I can understand their not wanting to lose millions of dollars but did they not seriously crunch the numbers before going forward with the promotion?

My mother has already tried the grilled chicken and said it wasn't good, and the commercials don't make it look very appetizing, but I figured for free, why not?

Now they are issuing rain check vouchers so I'll have to see if I can get one of those.

Also maybe this is coincidental but you had to download a coupon printer application in order to print them out and shortly after my computer started working very slowly and would freeze up continuously and it took me three hours to troubleshoot and I finally had to restore my computer back to a previous restore point. I deleted the application as soon as I could.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

a friend of mine emailed me the pdf file that it downloaded because i refused to install the coupon printing program. i then printed several of them and gave them to co-workers. bummer that we can't use them now. oh well.

Did anyone see the Elizabeth Edwards interview? Impressions?

I saw a very naive and in denial woman, but her situation is totally unlike most, what with the cancer and all.
    She reminded me, a lot, of Dina Matos McGreevey (the woman who was married to the New Jersey governor who announced he was gay).

I may read he book, later on, down the road. I did read Dina's.

+ Reply to Thread