+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oprah

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Re: Oprah

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3415317;

Sadder yet is that I've had to educate a fair number of adults on STI's and masturbation and such as well.
    You should see the horror on my face when i read questions on Dear Abby or Dear Margo and someone asking if you can catch an std from a public toilet. Goodness gracious!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3415509;
    I'm all about promoting self love. Just safer these days.
    That's one of the funniest things I've ever heard!

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3415544;
    You should see the horror on my face when i read questions on Dear Abby or Dear Margo and someone asking if you can catch an std from a public toilet. Goodness gracious!
    I usually end up with the other end of the spectrum 40 year old guys who just can't grasp the concept that if they have unprotected sex with woman after woman he might be spreading an infection even if he is not displaying symptoms. Herpes is a good one to talk about there. They don't get tested ever because they think the girls look "clean." Stuff like that. They have that "it won't happen to me" attitude that just drives me nuts. It can and it will.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3415509;
    I'm all about promoting self love. Just safer these days.
    And to think we lost a Surgeon General (Elders) because she said that! So obviously true.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3418050;
    And to think we lost a Surgeon General (Elders) because she said that! So obviously true.
    It's still a very scary and taboo thing to many many people. Loving yourself is still the unpopular opinion. Look at Gail's reaction to any of the discussion on sex (I caught bits and pieces).

It's safer and for women it kind of opens up a world of being able to get some sexual satisfaction. Where I live it's pretty conservative when it comes to sex and I hear a lot of women complaining about having to have sex with their husbands. It's a chore. They get no enjoyment out of it. They lay there. They're frigid (for lack of a better word). The men in turn cheat on their wives around here with women who enjoy their sexuality. But probably as a result of that all women here who are aware of their sexuality, find pleasure in sex, who masturbate etc. are considered horrible horrible people. It's a decades long issue. Women aren't supposed to enjoy these things.

It's such a negative lose/lose situation for women. And really detrimental to relationships.

Forgot, can you watch Oprah online? I'm going to miss her show on Monday about the Columbine students and probably won't catch the replay of it at night because I'll be sleeping. I really want to see this one.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It's not a "lose/lose" situation for women if you just go ahead and do what makes you feel good. Why do we feel we need approval from other people on our private lives?

I guess Gail really would have a COW if she found out about the "rear door" sex that the kids are having, wouldn't she? Unfortunately, Gail, it's one of those unsafe things that a lot of kids think is safe!

Now, which is safer???
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It's lose/lose where I live. I firmly believe in enjoying it and discovering what feels good etc. So you either get a label or you get to live in fear of the next time your partner asks you to have sex or make love or any of that because you hate it so much (or the women I interact with do). They don't want to be all weird and like "those girls." I could care less. I talk about it. I do it. And am ok with it.

I explained to the kids I worked with last week that if you can stick it into a hole you can catch yourself an STI from it. We're having issues with oral and anal STI's here becuase kids don't consider that "sex" so it's ok to do. Never mind damage to anal tissues (i'm betting most of the kids don't use adequate lube for that). Parents won't talk to them about this stuff. The girls didn't even know they could masturbate. The boys found a better alternative in going girl to girl.

Intergenerational sexual oppression has does nothing positive at all. How would a mother who wasn't even comfortable touching herself ever begin to talk about any of these topics with her kid?

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3418198;
    Forgot, can you watch Oprah online? I'm going to miss her show on Monday about the Columbine students and probably won't catch the replay of it at night because I'll be sleeping. I really want to see this one.
    She decided not to air it because she said it focuses too much on the killers. Umm, Oprah, it's your show. Don't you have control over that kind of thing? I'm sure it could have been edited or something. I wonder what the real reason is.

Oprah Cancels Columbine Anniversary Program - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

some religious people consider masterbation sinful because of the 'fantasy' that typically goes along with it. oh yeah, and lets not forget the bible story about the guy spilling his seed on the ground. anyone hear the song "every sperm is sacred" by monty python?

and as for the columbine show ... good for oprah

+ Reply to Thread