+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oprah

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Oprah

I'm with you. I think it's just stupid. It's all subjective.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Also in the weight loss thing I've noticed people are pretty indifferent to building any muscle tone. So women I know go through weight loss or don't weigh a lot to begin with but still look saggy/unhealthy. 120 lbs person who has no muscle tone is a lot different than 120 lbs person who has good muscle tone.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

It's why iv'e always thought that Skinny or thin doesn't mean fit or in shape.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

It definitely doesn't. I have a friend who is teeny, tiny, but knows that she is not fit, in any sense of the word, and this worries her. I was really impressed with her insight, because she's never been known for her brain power.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I hear you on the vanity sizing. I am almost 5 ft. 9 and weigh about 145 pounds and fit a size 8, sometimes 6. I weighed that before and was always a 10/12. It's a lot of hooey as far as I'm concerned. Exercising has made a big difference to me, and even though I lost a fair bit of weight, I have toned up a lot. I drink a lot of water as well.

I'm glad I didn't see Gayle urging people not to give teenage girls information I have 2 girls, 21 and 19, both in University and I thank god they were given the necessary information. It certainly didn't turn them into sex fiends. I don't know why people give girls so little credit. Knowledge is power.

Somewhere, I heard that it is very important to talk to girls (and guys) about the emotions that come with/of sex. That made a bunch of sense. I don't think most people are prepared for the emotions that come with the act, and how they differ in males and females. The ABCs are very important but the small points, in between...the intangibles, if you will...are equally, if not more so, important.

I'm 5'3", weigh 145 pounds and wear size 14 in most pants but 12 if I get them from a certain store. I could probably keep looking till I found a store that sold size 10 that I could wear but what would that prove? I'd still be 5'3" and weigh 145.

I have to run a group with teenage kids and we had to talk about sex tonight and now a bunch of them are going to be getting tests for STI's because they weren't really clear on how they were spread etc. And then we had a girl who had essentially been passed around guys get to tell her feelings about that (just after the guys were talking about how they did that to girls). It's sad.

Sadder yet is that I've had to educate a fair number of adults on STI's and masturbation and such as well.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3415317;
    I have to run a group with teenage kids and we had to talk about sex tonight and now a bunch of them are going to be getting tests for STI's because they weren't really clear on how they were spread etc. And then we had a girl who had essentially been passed around guys get to tell her feelings about that (just after the guys were talking about how they did that to girls). It's sad.

Sadder yet is that I've had to educate a fair number of adults on STI's and masturbation and such as well.
    I had a senior citizen patient once who thought that she was gay because she had masturbated. I was in my forties at the time. Imagine that scene if you can.

I'm all about promoting self love. Just safer these days.

+ Reply to Thread