+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 168 FirstFirst ... 454949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1676

Thread: Oprah

Re: Oprah

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;3403309;
    Kinda off subject but didnt Oprah say about a year ago that her weight issue wasnt her eating it was her thyroid or something? Maybe just maybe some people are genetically inclined to yoyo dieting.
    Thyroid dysfunction can be treated with medication (I know, I have an underactive thyroid). Not only can it be treated, it really is a must, healthwise, to get that taken care of (although the medication has to be taken for the rest of one's life), as it's very dangerous.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

If the tabloid pics are to be believed, Kirstie Alley has balloned back up to over 200 pounds.

I have very little patience for Oprah's decades of whining about her weight. She can certainly take meds for her thyroid condition and I'm sure she must be doing so, but she has unlimited access to a personal trainer and she has her own frickin' chef, which should make it relatively simple for her to control her weight. Obviously she is not exercising any longer - I notice that trainer of hers hasn't been on the show for ages - and she must care very little about her diet, regardless of what Dr. Oz preaches to her audience on an almost weekly basis. I have to work really, really hard exercising and watching what I eat to stay at a normal BMI and it irritates the crap out of me to listen to Oprah moan about her emotional inability to stop overeating, or whatever.

I didn't think Marie Osmond was overweight at 160. She was certainly curvier than she is now but I wouldn't have called her fat. She carried her weight better than Valerie Bertinelli did, but then Valerie is quite tiny, isn't she? I hope she has better success at maintaining her weight than Kirstie Alley did, but Kirstie looks dangerously overweight and Valerie never did even on her "before" pictures.

Oh, and I hate Oprah's parted-in-the-middle straight hair. The style makes her look at least five years older. She needs to get her curls back pronto.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I do recall Carnie gaining weight years after her surgery.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey

Yes--her hair is awful--it really does age her a lot.

I wonder--is anyone else getting the impression that Oprah is depressed?

I don't usually watch her show but I often check to see who is on and whenever I turn to the show and I look at her I just get depression vibes coming from her.

She also seems to be sitting slumped down a lot.

Is anyone else feeling this from her?

Didn't her new dog die recently from an undiagnosed viral infection?

I'm still of the belief that body type has a lot to do with genetics. You can exercise for hours and still end up gaining weight, it has nothing to do with being lazy or not working hard. It works for some, but not for everyone.

And I do believe that emotional eating is a real problem. Maybe the body type you have in your 50s is the one you are supposed to have. I still think that by the time Marie Osmond reaches her 60s that she will be shaped like her mother.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

FORT Fanatic

The funniest thing I heard marie Osmond say regarding her wieght loss and one of the reasons she decided to do it this time..."One of the last things my mom said to me was, Marie dont let this happen to you." At the time Marie's mom was 79 years old. I guess that is dying young??
    Hey Marie, be honest you lost weight on DWTS and you got a call from weight watchers for you to be a spokesperson. Exercise and diet, really? Could it be that simple folks?
    Last edited by imissme; 04-05-2009 at 08:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Didn't Marie say that her mother was ONLY 79 when she died? I've never thought that the words "only" and "79" go together. 79 is a good run, but it IS up there.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3403912;
    Didn't Marie say that her mother was ONLY 79 when she died? I've never thought that the words "only" and "79" go together. 79 is a good run, but it IS up there.
    The closer you get to it the less you think of it as being "up there". I can remember when I was little and my grandmother was very old. She was younger than I am now. I don't feel old and I don't think my kids and grandkids see me as being old. That's probably how Marie felt about her mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3403917;
    The closer you get to it the less you think of it as being "up there". I can remember when I was little and my grandmother was very old. She was younger than I am now. I don't feel old and I don't think my kids and grandkids see me as being old. That's probably how Marie felt about her mom.
    If my mom lives to be 79 I will be grateful for having her live that long. Her mom passed away at 77, her dad at 59 and my dad passed away at 68. My mother is also a large woman, so being heavier doesn't mean you can't live a long life.

As for Oprah being depressed - maybe so, I noticed she's not interrupting as much and seems much more subdued. She doesnt' walk out at the beginning of the show anymore, she's always sitting. She's a large woman, I wish she would just embrace that - once I was able to come to terms with my weight (no where near Oprah big) I'm a much happier person.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Don't get me wrong, if Oprah is happy at 200 pounds then good for her. She's not what I would call obese and if her health, other than her thyroid problem, is fine, then be plus-size and happy about it. But she's not happy, she is very public about how upset she is at her recent weight gain and plastered before-and-after pictures on the cover of her magazine. Before that, the photos of her in O magazine were so doctored that if you never watched her show you would be completely astonished to hear that she weighed 200 pounds.

How many shows has she spent discussing her weight? Espousing exercise and diet plans that clearly don't work long-term? The whole subject, after so very many years, is tiresome. My point is that if she doesn't like her body, then take the appropriate measures to change it. She appears to be the victim of a lavish lifestyle where there is a lot of rich food available to her, and if her clothes don't fit then she has stylists to dress her in the most figure-flattering way possible. I can see how easy it would be to put on weight in her situation but at this point, I have more respect for Starr Jones, who was reluctant to air the details of her weight loss while she was on a daily TV show.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread