+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 168 FirstFirst ... 5090919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110150 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1676

Thread: Oprah

Re: Oprah

I had meant to TIVO this episode, and now I think I'm glad that I forgot. Sounds pretty bad. How long ago did this happen?

This happened August 30,2007. The mom Brenda Slaby was warned previously about leaving her child unattended according to the police report I read.

After watching this episode, I felt kind of sorry for the lady. I still don't quite understand how you forget your child is in the car, but none the less, still felt sorry for her. When I had my first child, I was scared to death that I would forget him. I had had 28 years of just getting up and going anytime I wanted. He always fell asleep in the car and was so quiet. He didn't sleep through the night until he was almost a year old and unless in the car or his swing, he always seemed to be awake. I was very sleep deprived and my brain always seemed to be foggy. What I did was used his diaper bag as my purse. That way when I got out of the car I had to take the diaper bag with me or at least look through it for my wallet. It was my constant reminder to look in the back seat.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

I normally tape Oprah's show during the day while I'm working, then either watch it entirely or scan it in the evening, depending on the subject matter. Today, and for the last few Fridays, I am skipping the program entirely with her live in Chicago panel shows.

My biggest objection is not the topics but the inclusion of Mark Consuelos on the panel. Can't imagine why Oprah feels it necessary to fly him each week from NYC to Chicago as he contributes nothing to the panel. However, since Mr. Kelly Ripa in many respects is more womanish than man-ish, maybe this is a good fit after all. Anyone else feel the same?

It's preferable to have Mr. Ripa on the panel, rather than Ms. Ripa. I agree that it was a "huh?" moment when I saw him on there, and then my second thought was "oh, so you're the poor man I've heard about" (being married to Kelly).

I had a similar "huh?" reaction to Allie (is it?). Who is she? She does look familiar, for some reason.

And I understand that Gail is Oprah's best friend, so that's why she's there. I think she's also the editor of "O" magazine (Oprah's ego fest). Has Oprah ever had anyone other than herself on the cover of it yet?

Maybe Oprah is trying to channel "The View".

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by annifran;3219262;
    I normally tape Oprah's show during the day while I'm working, then either watch it entirely or scan it in the evening, depending on the subject matter. Today, and for the last few Fridays, I am skipping the program entirely with her live in Chicago panel shows.

My biggest objection is not the topics but the inclusion of Mark Consuelos on the panel. Can't imagine why Oprah feels it necessary to fly him each week from NYC to Chicago as he contributes nothing to the panel. However, since Mr. Kelly Ripa in many respects is more womanish than man-ish, maybe this is a good fit after all. Anyone else feel the same?
    Yes, I do. I have no clue why Mark would be included. I have not watched one of these shows. I tape her and watch, maybe, 30% of them. It did not appeal to me. I love Gail and normally watch any show she appears. She was my local news anchor for years when she was in Hartford. Adorable woman.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Sigh... I remember the days when Mark and Kelly were equally famous...the good old soap days.... really dating myself.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3226658;
    Sigh... I remember the days when Mark and Kelly were equally famous...the good old soap days.... really dating myself.
    thats ok we can date ourselves together. I remember when Erica Kane was on Hubby number one,lol. I always liked Mark on amc

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3226852;
    thats ok we can date ourselves together. I remember when Erica Kane was on Hubby number one,lol. I always liked Mark on amc
    Yes, that's just about when I started watching...
    But back to Oprah, sort of, should be interesting watching her on 30 Rock.

"OPRAH FRIDAY'S" are unwatchable. Mark Consuelos? WHY? He's so annoying. We know why Gail is there. and..the blonde, George Stephanopolous' wife..she's not even funny anymore. UNWATCHABLE!!!!

+ Reply to Thread