+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 168 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Oprah

Quote Originally Posted by jman79
    The 5 minute of clapping with Oprah when she comes out is also out of hand. It use to be a few minutes now, it really does last almost 5 minutes. She isn't a "rock star".
    That reminded me of SNL's parody of her "favorite things" episode where the women scream so much during the prize giveaways that they faint, cry, and have their heads explode.

It really does get out of hand with the clapping and screaming, although I admit I wouldn't mind being in the audience during the "favorite things" ep.

A show that is still fresh and funny is Ellen.

Thank god its back on! Melissab73's Avatar
    I love Oprah, always have and always will !! I like it better than any of the other talk shows out there.

FORT Fogey
    I never understood why people watch Oprah if she bothers them so much?

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    She should come to NY with her favorite things.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by DetGuy
    I don't!

Quote Originally Posted by DetGuy
    The same reason men will break a neck to look at a car wreck.... they obviously think there might be something ugly to see...

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissab73
    I love Oprah, always have and always will !! I like it better than any of the other talk shows out there.
    I love Oprah....she inspires me...she challenges me...she makes me think...I joke to all my friends that I want to be Oprah when I grow up (I'm a 39 year old overweight white girl..don't think it'll happen!). I also joke that she will be the future President of the United States and Dr. Phil will be VP and that I'll campaign endlessly for them!!!!

I also love Ellen's talk show...she entertains me and makes me laugh! You can't help but love Ellen!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

jman79, you clearly have issues with Oprah. Ya complain about everything she does. You think she handled the Katrina catastrophe distatefully? Apparently you weren't watching CNN or Fox new, or any other "serious" news station with "serious" journalists. All of them show cased celebrities, dead people, all kinds of "sob stories" that one could argue were "just for show." Is Oprah boring this season? Yeah. I remedy that by simply not watching her everyday -- unless an interesting show's on of course. Big Deal! The fact is that Oprah and her celebrities brought a lot of awareness to the tribulations of the Katrina victims. I htink Oprah is as grounded as a person in her postion could be. It's really easy to talk about how level headded you'd be if you were rich and famous when you're niether.

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1
    Ditto. It's easy to blame the whole world. How was HE, THE mayor, prepared to save his people? And why Oprah didn't ask him this DIRECTLY?

If you watched other new besides Oprah you'd realize that all of the news stations reported that the official statements from the mayor, govenor, FEMA and so forth were that they weren't going to play the "blame game." There were CNN reporters with the same opportunities not getting that information.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybear
    jman79, you clearly have issues with Oprah. Ya complain about everything she does.
    No, yman79 (and I) do not have issues with Oprah.

We just have our own opinion about TV personality that we respected before.

Her show has changed and we are entitled to our opinion the same as you do.

+ Reply to Thread