+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Degrassi: The Next Generation

Degrassi: The Next Generation

I'm 24 years old and I'm addicted to this show about Canadian teenagers!! It just keeps getting better and better. If you like hardcore teen drama... check this show out! Anybody else watch Degrassi????
    Cycle 1: Elyse, Adrianne
    Cycle 2: Mercedes, Shandi
    Cycle 3: Nicole, Norelle
    Cycle 4: Kahlen, Naima

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    I've watched a few episodes of Degrassi: next Generation, and I think it's ok.

I do LOVE LOVE LOVE the original series, I think I must have seen every episode. I also love the spinoff movie in the very end. Great Canadian teen series. Loved all the characters including Joey, Snake, Caitlin, Wheels, Spike.....and many others. One of a kind show, very realistic and dealt with real problems.

I used to catch the original series every once in awhile and enjoyed it.

I just read an article where Kevin Smith (is he directing this show... or maybe a couple of them?) tried to get Ben Affleck to come up and guest on The Next Generation for a few episodes, but Ben turned him down, saying that he needed to lie low for awhile.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Chip and Reichen#1 chipnreichenfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reality tv fan
    I've watched a few episodes of Degrassi: next Generation, and I think it's ok.

I do LOVE LOVE LOVE the original series, I think I must have seen every episode. I also love the spinoff movie in the very end. Great Canadian teen series. Loved all the characters including Joey, Snake, Caitlin, Wheels, Spike.....and many others. One of a kind show, very realistic and dealt with real problems.
    I too loved Degrassi (all of them?

Heather,Erica, Spike, LD, Lucy,Wheels, Joey, Yick are my favs
    The greatest gift is to love and to be loved in return..The Moulin Rouge

This is a great show. I'm a mom to a 14-year-old daughter, and I love watching it with her. We actually have some excellent discussions of serious life topics. (I know that sounds corny, but so true.) My daughter never misses an episode, and it's a show I encourage her to watch.

Kevin Smith has made quite a few references in his movies (the main one coming to mind right now is Chasing Amy where Ben and Jason joke about having a thing for girls who say "aboot") so I'm guessing he's a fan. He's genius, too! Love that guy!

I watched a few of the original Degrassi episodes years ago and didn't realize some of the parents and teachers in The Next Generation were the kids from those earlier shows. I freaked out when they showed old clips (I think Snake was talking about getting the band together or something?) and I was like "Oh my gosh! That's so-and-so! I remember her punk-rock hair and '80s clothes!" My daughter looked at me wide-eyed, like "You KNOW these people?"
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Ahh.. here's the article:

http://imdb.com/news/wenn/2004-11-26

Affleck Rejects TV Cameo

Ben Affleck has turned down the chance to make a cameo appearance in Canadian TV show Degrassi: The Next Generation, despite director pal Kevin Smith's desperate attempts. Jersey Girl director Smith will fulfill a life-long ambition when he appears in three episodes of the show, a spin-off of his favourite childhood programme Degrassi: Junior High, which ran from 1986-1991. Smith has convinced Canadian singer Alanis Morissette - who starred in his 1999 film Dogma - to make a cameo appearance and hoped Affleck would join them. But the actor wants to stay out of the limelight following his split from Jennifer Lopez and a succession of movie flops. Smith explains, "Affleck, honestly, could use the work right now. What better way to reboot your career than starring in a Canadian melodrama? He was just like, 'You know what, dude? I'm a little too high profile right now. I'm trying to scale back.' He was just feeling the burn. It's been a bad f**king year for him, and he keeps getting the s**t kicked out of him. I'm not gonna add to this dude's misery right now, where you know the episode would air and people would be like, 'Affleck winds up in Canadian teen soap opera.' And they'd somehow tie it into Jennifer Lopez."
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I watched the original Degrassi's (junior high and high school) but I don't remember anything but Spike as I was very young

I agree with you, rumpshaker, it's a great show for older kids to watch, I wish I had it when I was that age. But I'm still happy because I have it now.
    Cycle 1: Elyse, Adrianne
    Cycle 2: Mercedes, Shandi
    Cycle 3: Nicole, Norelle
    Cycle 4: Kahlen, Naima

Degrassi is just not my type of show. I love Even Steven and Lizzy M though!

And ahhh Rave is so much fun!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GeminiMoon42
    I watched the original Degrassi's (junior high and high school) but I don't remember anything but Spike as I was very young
    i remember watching "kids of degrassi street" and i think caitlin was the only one on it that followed through to jr high and high school. we used to watch them all as a family. and will admit i watch still!

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by indig0ca
    i remember watching "kids of degrassi street" and i think caitlin was the only one on it that followed through to jr high and high school. we used to watch them all as a family. and will admit i watch still!

I think Wheels was one of the cast members of ''Kids of Degrassi street'' as well...but I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Reality tv fan; 12-02-2004 at 02:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast