+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Degrassi: The Next Generation

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    kimrs, have you still been watching? Was your finale really right around where Marco came out to his father?

We have the Canadian season finale next monday. The conclusion of a two-parter that started last night. Hopefully you get to see it soon!!
    Hey there Canadian Angel!
    Our last ep was the ep where Spinner went on the retreat with his Christian girlfriend and he and Jay got into a fight. That was months ago. I think the new season is going to start in about a wekk or two. I have no idea where they are going to go with this new season.

Oh wow, our season was much longer than that. I'm guessing there, they break up one season into two? They must. Our season finale was with the Grade 12 students graduating. Much more to come!!

Wow! Yeah we have been waiting months! There were only 9 eps for season four. They are making us wait for looong periods of time between seasons and then the seasons are NOW really short!

I just ordered Season 3 from Amazon this morning.

The new season starts with the premiere of the Jay and Silent Bob movie on April 7th

They have definitely broken up your season 4 as there were 22 episodes that made up our season 4. Where you start off next is the middle point of the season.

It got kind of campy and soap operaish, but still, not so bad. Nearing the end it was good. Very good.

Any spoilers you want to send my way would be greatly appreciated!

New Episodes in the US

Just a head's up to Degrassi fans in the US. It looks like we won't have to wait much longer for new episodes. As I was channel surfing last night I saw a preview of the new season. It's set to premiere on April 7th @ 8 pm on Noggin (Channel 298 for Directv subscribers). It will be an hour-long premiere. The episode will re-air at 10 pm and 12 midnight. I'm sure it will also air at other times during the week.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

You got it kimrs

Spoilers are per episode from where you're starting to the season finale

Click to see Spoiler:

Lexicon of Love PART ONE AND TWO
    Basically it's the movie premiere and Paige and Alex become involved in a relationship, that pretty much lasts until the finale.
    Also snake and Mrs H are caught by emma making out (kissing at the premiere). Emma tells Spike.

Together Forever
    Craig and his band get a shot at a singing gig. possible record level fame, but it becomes clear that the guy is only interested in Craig and not the rest of the band. In the end he leaves to pursue that.

Liberty pushes far too hard and tries to do far too much. She winds up going into labour with JTs friend. The kind of dorky kid, with glasses.

I Against I
    Marco and his friends try to have a pro-info awareness meeting on the use of protection and such. While Spinner is convinced by his friendship group to actively and somewhat violently fight for an abstinance only info awareness. In the end Spinner realizes how wrong he is.

Our Lips are Sealed PART ONE AND TWO
    Emma becomes anorexic because with her family life spinning out of control, spike kicking snake out, she feels like she has no control. so she starts a diet with Mannie. She goes to far and it takes mannie and peter together to talk to spike and snake.

By this time, snake is allowed back home.

Total Eclipse of the Heart
    Marco is forced to choose between his new boyfriend and Paige's older brother.
    Also, Liberty finds out that her open adoption parents are moving to seatle. Which causes her to freak out and rebel and start drinking, though only for this episode.

High Fidelity Season Finale PART ONE AND TWO
    Spinner lies to Darcy about his "pure" nature and Darcy finds out about him and Mannie. So Darcy breaks it off.
    Alex and Paige hit a split when it's clear that their lives are going in different directions.
    Spinner and Paige hook up, but Spinner (and Paige) realize it was wrong and he goes back to Darcy
    Jimmy can't graduate, but Ashley's back and he realizes he feels deeply for her.
    And so the season ends with the senior class graduating!

Thanks so much Canadian Angel! I just received season 3 in the mail from Amazon Tuesday. I can't wait to see the new episodes! The seasons seem to get shorter and further apart! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Hey anytime! I was hoping you wouldn't get bored just by reading the recaps. There were a few episodes that really stunk. But for the most part it was a decent season.

I however don't think that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Emma's "recovery" from anorexia was very real at all. I was also disappointed that they didn't provide any ways of dealing with anorexia and what people can do who need help or who want to help someone suffering from it.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Hey anytime! I was hoping you wouldn't get bored just by reading the recaps. There were a few episodes that really stunk. But for the most part it was a decent season.

I however don't think that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Emma's "recovery" from anorexia was very real at all. I was also disappointed that they didn't provide any ways of dealing with anorexia and what people can do who need help or who want to help someone suffering from it.
    That'a shame, maybe they will in the NEXT season. I feel like Degrassi is getting more disjointed as they go along. They haven't been tying the storylines together as well as they did in the past.

+ Reply to Thread