+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Degrassi: The Next Generation

baskidd, don't forget that our american friends are a few episodes behind, some of the stuff you've mentioned are spoilers to them.

but i agree manny looks really weird this season. it must be that puberty thing? or just the fact that she's the youngest cast member finally growing up. but i like the fact that they're actual teenagers and not actors in their 20's

Last week I watched the old 80'S Degrassi episode that really brings back memories. I remember the first Degrassi was on PBS and Nick The Kids On Degrassi Street, and Degrassi Junior High, then Degrassi High. Man I had a big crush on Caitlyn.

It's funny, I never watched the show because I thought any of them were attractive. I liked that they looked like normal kids and dressed and acted like me and my friends. I know it was probably a budget thing, but I also liked how stripped down Degrassi was, like you were there to focus on the kids and the story.

As an American viewer,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    what about Jimmy and Ellie?!

Kimrs
    Click to see Spoiler:
    jimmy and ellie grow closer in about two episodes from now. he's under a lot of pressure from his dad to "be the old jimmy" and ellie reprives him from that. of course his girlfriend gets jealous
    i can't remember much after that. i ended up watching the end of Las Vegas instead.

Thanks Canadian Angel!

I am so far not too excited about this season, but I am patiently waiting for something to happen. It's on tonight at 8:00pm here. This is the will Craig pick Ellie or Manny ep.

I have to be honest, Manny's hair looks horrible. They should make her wear a wig, the cut and color...UGH!

i know!! it looks like an almost mullet! it is horrible. whoever cut her hair needs a serious reprimand

there have been moments in each episode that have been good, but overall you are absolutely right, this season has been a lot weaker. i'm honestly not sure what it is. i think part of it has to do with the splitting of each episode to solely focus on one or two characters at the most. the last few seasons have been far better about creating more group situations.

major problems I have had this year is that they have never been able to replace the characters they have lost. I miss Sean-I would love to see how he has changed from living with his parents. I miss Terri, people just stopped visiting her and she never came back to school. I also liked how she was a plus-sized girl, now the heaviest girls are Paige and Manny every one else is a stick. I would love to see Spike and Snake at home or with Joey, too. The show is just as much about the older characters as the kids. I don't buy the whole Ashley fell in love and stayed in England. BRING HER BACK!

I can't wait to see more about Jimmy, he has such a great story to follow. I want Emma to be more than just Manny's sidekick. It used to be about her and how she was concerned about issues. She was like the Caitlyn/Lucy of her generation.

I much preferred how the old episodes had everyone in the show, even if they weren't part of the main story we saw everyone for a minute or two. Also there used to be minor stories every week. They are really narrow so far this year.

Done now

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    There is now always a plot and a subplot. Except the whole Liberty thing and even that is starting to weak, this season has been fairly disappointing. Terri was supposed to come back in last years finale, I have no idea what happened. Hazel (andrea lewis) is such a minor character now. The whole episode dependant on Jimmy was not good because honestly they are not all that interesting. I know hes in a wheelchair, but the resemblence of him and a monkey is pretty close. It would be nice to hear more from Emma, Ellie (A great story just please not with Jimmy), and Darcy story. Hopefully I will be more satisfied with the remainder of the season.

Who is Darcy? I don't remember her. I did like the Spinner storyline with him going to the youth group meeting. He needs something in his life to keep him turned around, especially if he still works with Jay. I have to be honest, I love the character of Jay, but if he was only brought on to stir things up and then he goes way into the background I will be royally pissed! He has been the only "new" character I felt fit in.

Anyone still following the Degrassi Thread? We just saw Marco come out to his father this past weekend and Emma back out of getting revenge on Peter. This Friday is the season finale already, with Spinner about the get lucky with his Christian girlfriend until she starts bawling uncontrollably.
    Any info or spoilers out there?

+ Reply to Thread