+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Degrassi: The Next Generation

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by chipnreichenfan
    I remember from degrassi high an ep. where one of the twins (Heather and Erica) gets and abortion. There was lots of controversary for its time and apparently the last scence where a protester was "holding a small lifelike plastic baby" probably the size of the baby at the time was left on the cutting room floor at the time.
    It wasn't left on the cutting room floor-- I remember the episode. It was an older woman holding a replica of a fetus that was no bigger than the plam of her hand.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel
    You guys must be two weeks behind us. I was going to post what happened last episode, but now i realize that it'd have been spoilers.
    I'll take spoilers. Last week's ep was about Liberty being pregnant and she and JT broke up.

Next week looks like it will be Craig torn between Manny and Ellie

well in that case imo and only imo (spoiler on who he chooses)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    craig makes the wrong choice by choosing manny again

and in the weeks coming up you'll really have to wonder how
    Click to see Spoiler:
    no one but liberty's brother notices she's pregnant

Thanks Canadian Angel!

Does anyone know the answer to these questions? I might have missed these scenes somehow. When did Manny and Spinner break up? and Did Caitlyn move to California?

Random Thoughts: I miss Raditch. I don't like the new kid-Ms. Hatsolakis' son.

They focus on a different character each episode, so sometimes it feels like we are left hanging on too many story lines. I want more resolution!

manny and spinner broke up somewhere around the time spinner got involved in the rick situation. since then he's become a social parriah.
    caitlyn has sorta just disappeared, it's been assumed, i imagine that she left for california but i don't remember it ever being explicitly stated that that is what happened.

Thanks once again Canadian Angel!

It's nice to finally have a more active forum for Degrassi.
    I love this show, but not many people I know watch it. One, not alot have the n and two, most adults won't admit they watch kid's shows. I need somewhere to discuss!

When i was younger i watched the original degrassi (junior high/high) saw the movie, etc. So when this came on i decided to give it a go. it's definitely not the same as the original, but there are still good plot lines and these characters are forseeable as "regular" teenage kids. , i used to be one not that long ago.

It was on PBS (Public Broadcasting System) when I was growing up. I am a year or two younger than Spike/Snake/Joey/Caitlyn, so I literally grew up with them. Now that they are showing the reruns on the n, I am like-dang, I am old!

Mid 30's and this is still one of my fav shows!

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    As someone who lives in Toronto, Ive run into a lot of stuff with Degrassi. My family studies teacher back in junior high always showed us taped of all the degrassi high/junior high episodes. She loved them partly because she taught most of the original students. I started to watch from last season but I have downloaded all the episodes. I agree that the one person per episode leaves us hangin a little but I do like the storylines. Oh, and isnt it cool that Shane Kippel, Spinner goes to my high school lol. I really dont think Manny looks too good this season and I dont like that shes back with Craig. I like the Liberty pregnant storyline. The whole Jimmy and Ellie thing is definitely not right. It would have been better for Craig to choose Ellie.

+ Reply to Thread