+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Degrassi: The Next Generation

I have followed this series since Degrassi street kids (they were on Danish afternoon TV), and I think it is great. Does anyone know if they air the original Degrassi anywhere? TNG is cool, but I'd get a kick out of the 80's nostalgia of the original series.

I used to watch the originals on noggin, but that was a long time ago when I had digi-cable. I became so addicted to that show. My entire apartment would stay up until 4am watching that show. I miss it, the original that is. The new one is still really great.

Chip and Reichen#1 chipnreichenfan's Avatar
    I remember from degrassi high an ep. where one of the twins (Heather and Erica) gets and abortion. There was lots of controversary for its time and apparently the last scence where a protester was "holding a small lifelike plastic baby" probably the size of the baby at the time was left on the cutting room floor at the time.
    The greatest gift is to love and to be loved in return..The Moulin Rouge

Quote Originally Posted by astrogirl_2100
    I have followed this series since Degrassi street kids (they were on Danish afternoon TV), and I think it is great. Does anyone know if they air the original Degrassi anywhere? TNG is cool, but I'd get a kick out of the 80's nostalgia of the original series.
    You have to get the DJH DVD now! The first season's only $30 in most stores and there's no excuse not to own it.

I just got my copy in the mail. I watched the first couple of episodes and couldn't stop from giggling. Once you get past the dated clothing and cheesy acting, you'll get hooked. I mean, REALLY hooked. I might end up watching the whole boxset this weekend.

I might also try catching up with the Next Generation. But I'll admit, it's been a struggle. I watched the Kevin Smith episodes and wasn't all that impressed. I think the new series lacks the innocence of the older series.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by happyblue
    I think the new series lacks the innocence of the older series.

I agree.

Things Happen............ J1NVUPatricia's Avatar
    I used to hate Degrassi but yesterday my boyfriend got me hooked on it. i am watching all 4 new episodes.
    Love is very complicated and complex thing that can be expressed in many different ways. No one really knows the true meaning of love.
    Love Always Patricia

I havent watched this show in a while. And rumpshaker, thank you earlier for explaining to me this show and what i should tell my mom and everything. I just now saw that. That was very nice of you Thanks!!!!!1

Cory

Can somebody tell me what happened last episode. I missed it.

I think last week was the episode where Matt came back and dumped Paige. He had no ambitions anymore and decided to become a house painter with his cousin. Paige became a control freak with Alex and was trying to force her to go to a College Fair. Alex only agreed to do it, if she and Paige got high off a joint MAtt gave her. So, they get high and Paige's mother's friend from Paige's dream college interviews Paige, who admits she doesn't know why she wants to go into business and admits she's high. Alex admits her mom has had a string of bad relationships and she is practically homeless, so she doesn't know if she has a future. We also see that Ms. Hotsalakis's son received detention for 5 weeks for showing the film of Manny.

In my school that kid would have been suspended and facing an expulsion hearing.

You guys must be two weeks behind us. I was going to post what happened last episode, but now i realize that it'd have been spoilers.

+ Reply to Thread