+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Favourite British shows?

I'm wondering if Belfastgirl or any of our other UK friends would recommend a whodunnit series called "Rosemary and Thyme"? TVOntario is going to start airing it on Monday night. There are 15 episodes and it apparently got quite good ratings in the UK. Just wanted to know if it's worth squeezing in to my Monday night TV schedule.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Is that a crime type show ?
    My favourites are
    Monty Python, Fawlty Towers, Keeping Up Appearances, Vicar of Dibley , They are just reshowing old Some Mothers do Have Em. Same as Q , I cracked up with all the fuss when Phantom of the Opera first came out and Frank Spencer was the supposed hunky lead. The original Changing rooms and What not to wear are so much better than the watered down American versions.
    A lot of these are now available on DVD

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    Is that a crime type show ?
    Yes, eny, according to the Toronto Star TV guide. A murder mystery series with 2 female gardeners named Rosemary and Thyme doing the sleuthing.

And OMIGOD who is reshowing "Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em"? Please don't say it's on digital or satellite. I don't get digital or satellite.

Love your sig line. PJ O'Rourke is my favorite pundit. A few years ago I got him to autograph an article he wrote for National Lampoon in 1977.
    Last edited by Qboots; 12-18-2004 at 10:19 PM.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

[QUOTE=Qboots]I'm wondering if Belfastgirl or any of our other UK friends would recommend a whodunnit series called "Rosemary and Thyme"? TVOntario is going to start airing it on Monday night. There are 15 episodes and it apparently got quite good ratings in the UK. Just wanted to know if it's worth squeezing in to my Monday night TV schedule.[/Q

Sorry, never seen Rosemary and Thyme, can't help!
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

So I guess you weren't one of the 10 million viewers who watched the premiere episode in Sept. 2003 then. Thanks anyway.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Sorry Q , It is one of the digital cable channels. I just happened accross it one night. I'll try and check the listings. Good news is , if you are a mad fan, you can buy it on DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    So I guess you weren't one of the 10 million viewers who watched the premiere episode in Sept. 2003 then. Thanks anyway.
    Our local UTV shows "local shows" one day a week at prime time so it was shown late at night here and just never caught it. Funnily enough, ITV are showing Miss Marple, starring Geraldine McEwan. They are not a patch on the Joan Hickson ones filmed about 15 yrs ago. They have even changed the murderers in one and introduced new characters!! I've heard them likened to Rosemary and Thyme.
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

Since I've lived in Canada the shows I've really missed the British quiz shows I used to watch.
    They Think It's All Over, A Question Of Sport and Never Mind The Buzzcocks were my favourites.
    Vic and Bob also hosted some silly one with Ulrika Jonson and Mark Lamar as the team captains which I used to watch every week but cannot remember the name of.

I've gotten addicted to Hex, which is available on SkyOne. It leaves Buffy in the dust and since it is British, it's much sexier...they get away with quite a bit more
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by Belfastgirl
    Are BBC America really showing "Little Britain"? I thought it would be too near the knuckle for the US. Even censored there wouldn't be much to show! The second series is currently on BBC3 in Britain. I LOVE this show, it's my current favourite and I could quote endlessly from it, yeah, but no, but yeah, but no...................lol
    I don't have BBC America, but was recently in London and caught two airings of Little Britain. I nearly pissed myself laughing! Knowing they are airing this on BBC America makes me want to subscribe...
    I'll do graffiti if you sing to me in French

+ Reply to Thread