+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Favourite British shows?

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I like a lot of older stuff such as Are You Being Served, the Young Ones, Blackadder, Monty Python, Prime Suspect. On the more recent end of things, AbFab, Coupling, and Little Britain. I also like some of the drama series that have made it to US cable, such as Touching Evil and Ultraviolet.

Quote Originally Posted by sukee
    I loved The Prisoner. Even though I could never figure it out when I was a kid. One Foot in the Grave is another one that I really enjoyed.
    I agree. The Prisoner was a fascinating show. I'll also admit to being a fan of the science fiction show, "UFO." Cheesy, but great fun. At least, that's what I think it was called. Anybody remember that one?

Fort Member
    Jonathon Creek
    The Brief
    Midsomer Murders
    McCallum
    Prime Suspect
    A touch of Frost
    What not to Wear
    You are what you eat
    Selling Houses
    Location Location Location
    Any cooking show with Ainsley Harriot
    Bargain Hunt
    and the decorating show i have forgotten the name where the kids decide how to remodel the house some of the ideas they have are brillant like turning the bathroom into a tropical rainforerst and the coughing moose to stop the parents from smoking in the dining room, the hidden sprinklers in the footpath to stop unwanted visitors.
    Didnt realise how many British shows I watch

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucynda
    Jonathon Creek
    The Brief
    Midsomer Murders
    McCallum
    Prime Suspect
    A touch of Frost
    What not to Wear
    You are what you eat
    Selling Houses
    Location Location Location
    Any cooking show with Ainsley Harriot
    Bargain Hunt
    and the decorating show i have forgotten the name where the kids decide how to remodel the house some of the ideas they have are brillant like turning the bathroom into a tropical rainforerst and the coughing moose to stop the parents from smoking in the dining room, the hidden sprinklers in the footpath to stop unwanted visitors.
    Didnt realise how many British shows I watch
    They used to show Midsomer Murders on A & E (American tv). And then they stopped. :phhht They are showing some old ones now on TVO (Ontario tv) but I know there have been a lot of ones I haven't seen. McCallum & Prime Suspect are great shows. We get a lot of British tv here (in Canada) but I think Australia gets more than us - I haven't seen Location, Location, Location or You Are What You Eat here, for example.

As for Ainsley - he's with Ready, Steady, Cook right? I quite enjoy that show.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I love to watch "Keeping up Appearances". No matter how many times I've seen each episode, I really enjoy watching it.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by Florimel
    I agree. The Prisoner was a fascinating show. I'll also admit to being a fan of the science fiction show, "UFO." Cheesy, but great fun. At least, that's what I think it was called. Anybody remember that one?
    Do not feel alone my friend, I too, remember the show "UFO" and yes that is the name. plus too, you can find it on the web and get the show on dvd now. just waiting till i get rich enough to get it. it was the precussor to the "Space 1999" show done by the same company. the show was great and babes were hot. Just wish they could do a show like that again. it was a great show to watch. Col. Styker and the gang

Also Ilikai and I were watching Monty Python's Flying Circus when it was still on P.B.S. we didn't go out on friday night and decided to watch the t.v. and when 11pm came around we didn't know what to watch so we choose to check out the "flying circus" show and took a bit to get the gist of it, but were fans ever since

The Office, Coupling & "Keeping up Appearances" are my favorite British shows I also watch "Faking it" a lot & I also love "Fawlty Towers"... and Graham Norton, although he is on Comedy Central out here now but I was watching him on BBC way before then

Oh wait a minute, I almost forgot my ABSOLUTE favorite Brit, Mr. Bean. It doesn't get much better than Mr. Bean ....
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Quote Originally Posted by applesauce
    I love to watch "Keeping up Appearances". No matter how many times I've seen each episode, I really enjoy watching it.
    Amen to that lol .... I'll turn it on & hubby will be like "oh we've seen that one" ... & I'll go "Oh..yeah...so what?" lol

Gotta love "our Hyacinth" ....
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

I really love British comedy. I have been a huge fan of Monty Python anything since I was a kid.

My all time favorite British shows have to be: MP's Flying Circus, Fawlty Towers, BlackAdder (I prefer R. Atkinson as the smart, caustic BlackAdder than Mr. Bean, and my favorite of the series is BlackAdder II--Miranda Richardson as Queen Elizabeth is priceless), Jeeves and Wooster, The Young Ones, The Comic Strip Presents, French and Saunders and AbFab.

I love having BBC America now, and more recently have really gotten into The Office, Coupling, Manchild, Father Ted, Vicar of Dibley and Little Britain.

Are You Being Served? and Keeping Up Appearances are also old favorites and remind me of my Grandma--we used to watch them together on PBS when I as little.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Red Dwarf, Monty Python (both the movies and TV series), Keeping Up Appearances, Are You Being Served?
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

+ Reply to Thread