+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Favourite British shows?

FORT Regular
    Little Britain - brilliant first series, but for me it lost it midway through the second series and I didn't even return for the third.

It's being remade for HBO though to be based around "Urban America".

CCL
    I've read that there will be a reunion show for the show This Life. It will take place 10 years after everyone left the house (so they would be in their mid-thirties). Apparently the premise is that Miles is now a writer and a book he wrote based on his time in the house has been optioned for a tv show or film. That is the catalyst for everyone to reunite. It'll be interesting to see what the writers will have had Anna & crew doing in the last 10 years.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Ooh, that sounds interesting, CCL. I never saw the entire series of "This Life" but I did catch a few odd episodes here and there and am a huge Jack Davenport fan. I hope they'll show it on BBCAmerica, and hopefully not at 3 in the morning like they did with the show, which is what made it difficult to catch in the first place.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

CCL
    Love Jack Davenport. He's so great in drama (like This Life) and comedy (like Coupling). I always quite fancied Andrew Lincoln (who played Egg) myself.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

My newest find, which recently started showing on PBS here, is Rosemary and Thyme. It fits the traditional Christie/Sayers/Marsh British mystery genre and I find it very entertaining.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

giz
    I'm pretty keen on Inspector Lyndley. Sharon Small's character of Havers is just so well written, and well acted.

Just to let you Dr Who fans know that the spin off series, Torchwood ( work out the title ) has just started here. Reviews are favourable. Set in Cardiff of all places, but the concensus is that the photography makes the city look brilliant. Torchwood is not a kids show, with more adult themes etc, but I for one am enjoying it. Check it out via the BBC website if you're interested.

Another bit of info for Corrie fans. Ray Fearon who played a mechanic in Corrie is in the show Strictly come dancing and he's a real contender. Never watched him in Corrie, but boy what a great dancer!
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    I'm liking Torchwood, too.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Sad news to report for fans of camp 1970s comedy Are you being served?
    The death has been announced of John Inman, who played Mr Humphries. I loved this show as a child, innocently laughing at the "double entendre" jokes.

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Comedy actor Inman dies aged 71
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2094962;
    Love Jack Davenport. He's so great in drama (like This Life) and comedy (like Coupling). I always quite fancied Andrew Lincoln (who played Egg) myself.
    Ditto on all accounts. Seriously, though, Andrew Lincoln is such a hottie!

Has anyone seen the This Life reunion show, by the way? It aired in the UK in early January but I haven't been able to watch it yet. Should be brilliant. I got the complete series of This Life for Christmas and was amazed at just how frickin' fantastic it still is, ten years on. My personal idea of popcultural heaven would spring to life if Anna got her own spin off. Oooh, I get all giddy just thinking about it.

All the This Life alumni seem to be doing very well, and I'm so pleased. Whenever I see them in a movie or TV show, I want to shout "Oooh, Egg/Miles/Anna/Warren/Milly!". I doubt anything as poignat, real, and captivating will emerge from BBC. Like, ever.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

+ Reply to Thread