+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Favourite British shows?

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Belfastgirl View Post
    Interesting reading the lists of old shows. Some like Are you being served are re run on cable and satellite here. Others like Benny Hill are just sad, very sexist and dated. Funnily enough, came across an old episode of Hetty Wainthrop investigates, about 8 yrs old I think and had completely forgotten that Dominic Monaghan was her teenage sidekick. He looked so cute
    I love Hetty Waintrhopp! I have the dvds. There is one episode where Dominic Monaghan dresses up in a miniskirt and blonde wig to go undercover...I think a lot of Lost fans would enjoy that.

Coupling is another great show, very funny.

I could swear I saw Shameless in the listings sometime over the weekend. On Bravo or Showcase or somesuch. But I don't see anything on the websites. Hmmm.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Even we Brits miss our own gems. Only ever caught one episode of Shameless so can't wait for the repeats!

Interestingly for Red Dwarf fans, Craig Charles is in a bit of trouble to put it mildly. He's now in Corrie. For details check out link below

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_obje...name_page.html
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

Fort Member
    I love Hetty
    Have recently become a fan of Distraction. Its on our cable UK station and is probably quite old but it is funny. Distraction (USA) not quite as good because they have to sensor out parts that they dont have to sensor out in the UK episodes. Its rude it vulgar and completely ridiculous so its the perfect example of a British game show.

CCL
    ^^ Oh, I saw clips of Distraction on some game show clipshow and it was really funny. And then I was flipping the other day and came upon it - it airs at 10 pm on Tuesdays on the Comedy Network (Canada).

FORT Regular
    Re: Life on Mars - another example of a show that is being remade for an American audience.

I'm sure they'll screw that up too!

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Brekkie Boy View Post
    Re: Life on Mars - another example of a show that is being remade for an American audience.

I'm sure they'll screw that up too!
    Well, they didn't screw up on the remake of The Office - the American version is hilarious. And All in the Family was an American remake of a British show, and it was successful.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Well, they didn't screw up on the remake of The Office - the American version is hilarious. And All in the Family was an American remake of a British show, and it was successful.
    Yup, the Office is a rare instance in which both the brit and US versions were good. I think I may even like the US version better. That awkward, uncomfortable situation type of comedy makes me laugh, but it's almost too much in the British version. It's soooo uncomfortable, it's almost hard to watch.

I love british tv.

Coupling, The Office, Little Britian, Footballers Wives, Mile High, Viva La Blackpool

Not to mention I'm even a bigger british sci-fi fan.
    Blakes's 7, Red Dwarf and Doctor Who.

Nothing beats getting my copy of the new Doctor Who episode.
    I'm soooo looking foward to Doomsday next week.

"I'm Micky Smith, and I'm here to save the planet"

Aside from all my old favorites that I've mentioned in previous posts, I've more recently been enjoying Spaced, Footballers Wives, and Hex which are currently on BBC America. I also never caught the last season of Coupling when it aired, so I'm going to rent it on DVD.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I hated The Office when I first saw it, but I decided to give it a second chance and checked series one out from the library. I only got to watch three episodes before having to return it, but I liked it a lot more than before. I still prefer the American version.

+ Reply to Thread