+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Favourite British shows?

I watch Keeping Up Appearances, every night at 10pm. I never get tired of it. My husband and I swear that it is patterned from my sister and me. She's Hyacinth and I'm Daisy. My poor sister has spent the last fifty years trying to be a social climber and I could not care less what anyone thinks of my or mine.

Are You Being Served is my other favorite but I've seen every one so many times that I'm taking a break now.

I've been watching Hex for a good Friday night spookfest. We also get Sea of Souls on our "on demand" program. It's a parapsychology show, but I have to admit that mostly we just groove on the accents. It takes place in Glasgow, I believe.

I started watching "Hex", but it lost me after a few episodes. Probably because I was trying to watch it on Wednesday nights, right after "Lost" which is a really bad timeslot for me. I just can't focus on anything else right after I've finished watching Lost.

I also enjoy "Rosemary & Thyme" which TVOntario has just started rerunning, at 8 pm and 9 pm Sunday nights.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Chakos::Linkletter::Epley breezez_air's Avatar
    Little Britian ('yer but everyone knows she did it with an alsation')
    Keeping Up Apperances
    The Royal Family
    I don't wanna get fat like you
    Don't even believe in the F Word...FAT
    ...Perhaps you meant PEE AYTCH AY TEE
    Yeah...I did
    - Stacy Ann and Whitney- ANTM 10

What is the name of the show that is the interaction of folks in a retirement home? I just remember an old lady who seems to have absolutley no sense of humor, although she sure keeps US laughing. I would like to see more of that one.

Hmm, I've never seen this thread before. Anyway here's my favourites:
    Coupling It's really laugh out loud funny, and never predictable. I just love Jeff.
    Queer as Folk I had a lot of gay friends when this show was on, so I could relate to it. It was so different than anything else on TV, and very bold.
    Parkinson As for talkshows this is my favourite. Parkinson never takes away from the guests and they talk about interesting things, not just promotion.

Also I like that British TV have lesser restrains then US TV, and the shows are bolder.

Interesting reading the lists of old shows. Some like Are you being served are re run on cable and satellite here. Others like Benny Hill are just sad, very sexist and dated. Funnily enough, came across an old episode of Hetty Wainthrop investigates, about 8 yrs old I think and had completely forgotten that Dominic Monaghan was her teenage sidekick. He looked so cute

Wall to wall Big brother UK and world cup and now Wimbledon so not many new shows on at the minute. One off repeats of Poirot are all I seem to come across on ITV!

Anyway, new Dr Who is BRILLIANT, no other word to describe it.
    AND the best new show this year is Life on Mars... check BBC website. It sounds corny but is just wonderful. A 2006 cop is hit by a car and wakes up in 1973! Told you it sounded weird. Anyway, it's MUCH MUCH better than it sounds. If you remember the Sweeney you'll get the idea
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

Coupling, Monty Python's Flying Circus, Faulty Towers, Aer You Being Served? and my all time fave: Red Dwarf (except for the later seasons with Kachanski... yuck)
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    What is the name of the show that is the interaction of folks in a retirement home? I just remember an old lady who seems to have absolutley no sense of humor, although she sure keeps US laughing. I would like to see more of that one.
    It sounds like you're describing Diana, in "Waiting for God". Could that be it? That's one of my favorites. Tom is a hoot.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Yes, Qboots, I'm sure that's it. I have seen such a little bit of the show that I don't think I ever heard the name of the show, but I do remember those characters.

+ Reply to Thread