+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Blind Justice on ABC

Blind Justice on ABC

I know it's a little early to be talking about midseason replacements, but I'm a fan of actor Ron Eldard (ER, Black Hawk Down) and producer Steven Bochco (L.A. Law, NYPD Blue) and am totally looking forward to their new series coming early next year to ABC. I think the premise could be very interesting.

[IMG]images/img/blindjustice1.jpeg[/IMG]

PRODUCTION HAS BEGUN ON "BLIND JUSTICE," A NEW MIDSEASON DRAMA FOR ABC

Production has begun in Los Angeles on "Blind Justice," a raw and innovative take on the modern police drama by Steven Bochco Productions. "Blind Justice" stars Ron Eldard as a New York Detective who was recently blinded in a shootout when his partner failed to cover him. Though Dunbar is blind for life, he is not "handicapped" - rather he is blessed with an uncanny sixth sense that allows him to "see" or imagine crimes as they are taking place. He could have retired, but fought to remain on the force, recently transferring to a new precinct where he intends to take on new cases with the help of his guide dog, Hank.

On his first day back on the job, Dunbar meets Detectives Tom Selway (Reno Wilson) and Marty Russo (Frank Grillo), both hardboiled New York cops. Russo is especially skeptical at the outset, apparently bent on humiliating Dunbar and seeing him fail. Karen Bettancourt (Marisol Nichols), a Homicide detective, also has misgivings tied to Dunbar's earlier extramarital affair with a friend of hers. So when Lieutenant Fisk (Michael Gaston) partners Dunbar with Bettancourt, she is furious.

Not far in the background is Dunbar's wife, Christine (Rena Sofer), who -- despite serious doubts about her marriage due to her husband's past neglect and infidelities -- is trying to support him through his life-altering ordeal.

"Blind Justice" stars Ron Eldard as Detective Jim Dunbar, Marisol Nichols as Detective Karen Bettancourt, Rena Sofer as Christie Dunbar, Tom Selway as Detective Reno Wilson, Frank Grillo as Detective Marty Russo and Michael Gaston as Lieutenant Gary Fisk.

The series is created by Steven Bochco along with Nicholas Wootton and Matt Olmstead. Bill Clark and John Badham also serve as executive producers. "Blind Justice" is produced by Steven Bochco Productions in association with Paramount Television for ABC.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/go...=20041025abc01
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I finally saw a commercial for this tonight on ABC (not surprisingly, during "NYPD Blue") and it looks pretty good. Here's a gander at the rest of the cast.

[IMG]images/img/blindjustice2.jpeg[/IMG]

ABC slates the premiere for March 8th.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Sounds interesting. I liked Ron Eldard as a paramedic on ER. The episode where his partner died of his burns was one of my favorite ER episodes of all time although it was so sad. The tall actor second from the right in the pic is driving me crazy. Who is that? I have in my mind that he played a fairly rigid husband in some show, but I can't for the life of me think of which one.

Ah, ha! It came to me. I'm pretty sure he played the rich spoiled son of a freakish mother in an episode of Law & Order who murdered his wife who was having an affair with a doctor. He got caught when it turned out the that family brooches had hidden inscriptions that made it possible to tell them apart.
    Last edited by Mariner; 01-20-2005 at 03:52 AM.

Oooh, I've always like Ron Eldard, but he really won my respect with his acting in The House of Sand and Fog. Even though I'm not even sure I liked the movie, I was haunted by the characters.

The blue-eyed girl with the dark hair has been in a million sitcoms and shows. Her eyes are so striking. I hope this show does well and turns out to be a big break for all of them.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Hep, do you remember any of those million sitcoms and shows? That girl's face is bugging me now, and I need a name
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Rena Sofer?? I lurve Rena Sofer I'll give this a go
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Leave it to Bochco to come up with a unique storyline. Sounds like there is a lot of material to draw from, and that the characters will have lots of conflicts and dimensions to them. Thanks for the heads up.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Oooh, I've always like Ron Eldard, but he really won my respect with his acting in The House of Sand and Fog. Even though I'm not even sure I liked the movie, I was haunted by the characters.

The blue-eyed girl with the dark hair has been in a million sitcoms and shows. Her eyes are so striking. I hope this show does well and turns out to be a big break for all of them.
    Rena Sofer used to be on General Hospital also, married to Ned Quartermaine (and to that actor in real life--they split, both in real life and on the show). Her charactor, Lois, is now being played by someone else, but was a very vivid Brooklyn girl, with a huge accent and huge nails. I also saw her briefly in a failed sitcom, a sort of derivative Friends type thing. This sounds like it might have a better chance. Good luck to her.

I saw a preview for this last night during Lost. Looks pretty interesting.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

I like the sound of this show. I will be sure to check it out.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast