+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Blind Justice on ABC

Yeah, Hep, I saw that new promo clip they were running. I think he was telling a kid that he relied on his imagination to "see" things, and that's when they cut to that neat shot of the black & white leaf splashing into color. I wasn't expecting that; it reminded me of the way in the movie Ray, Ray Charles' memories of sight were so vibrant and surreal.

Anyway, I, for one, am looking forward to the premiere tonight! I hope the series gets off to a good start (and I'm relieved it doesn't conflict with TAR ).
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    It's tonight? I thought I'd missed it ! * skips* Yay!

It looks like a wonderful series from the promos and GMA bit I saw the other morning.

As for being cretive - it's not the first "blind investigator" show. (I think the ABC show Longstreet from the 70s might have earned that mention.)

I watched the show tonight and enjoyed it. There aren't a lot of new network series that have interested me this year, but I'll most likely watch this one again.
    "Nothing intoxicates some people like a sip of authority."

FORT Fogey
    Thanks for posting the pics, Snowy!

Dang, if I was reluctant to watch it before I'll now jump right in, if only to see that gorgeous German Shepherd!!

(I've had 4 of 'em and they're great.)

Hmm, interesting, kcfemmefatale, I've never heard of "Longstreet" before. Was it very similar? Did they ever re-run it after the 70s? I'd be curious to see it in comparison.

At any rate, I enjoyed the Blind Justice premiere tonight. Yes, it required a healthy amount of suspension of disbelief, but Ron Eldard did a great job portraying his character with dignity but humanity. Yes, he seems to have some pretty preternatural sleuthing skills, but they show how hard he works to overcome his disability and be able to make his way in the world (I'm thinking of his scene after hours, trying to memorize the layout of the office). The moments where he did falter and show vulnerabilty really tugged at my heart. There also seems to be some intriguing layers to uncover in his character--like what is beneath the tension between him and his wife, also I didn't get what he was telling his partner in the car about his marriage.

The supporting cast will probably have more opportunity to shine later on, but I did like the lady who played his partner. She seems spunky and ambitious, I want to root her on. Rena Sofer, the wife, wasn't featured so prominently this ep, but wow she is beautiful! Some of you folks have been talking about her, but I've actually never seen her before, so I'm really struck by how pretty she is. The guys at the precinct were pretty obnoxious, but I guess it's their job to be, at this point. I look forward to when series have had time to establish their characters and tone, that's when it really starts to get interesting.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing this show develop.

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    Thanks for posting the pics, Snowy!

Dang, if I was reluctant to watch it before I'll now jump right in, if only to see that gorgeous German Shepherd!!

(I've had 4 of 'em and they're great.)
    The dog is the only character whose name I remember so far! It's Hank, and he's great--if only there was a canine equivalent of the Emmys, this guy would be a shoo-in!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Snowflake,

Longstreet only ran for about a year in the early 70s. I only happened across it because I'm a Bruce Lee fan and he was a fairly regular guest on the show. During a Bruce Lee movie marathon weekend, a station included some of the episodes of the show. It was similar in man-overcoming-blindness-to-continue-fighting-crime-and-takes-down-the-bad-guys. In addition to the cheesy 70s soundtrack , there was also a lot of practical information about day-to-day living without sight - such as folding different denomination of money, so you can tell which bill is which, etc.

Here is the IMDB info about the show:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066681/

KC, I had never heard about "Longstreet" until I was telling my mom about "Blind Justice", and she said --- "Oh, that sounds just like Longstreet!" Thanks for posting the info about it because I didn't know what she was talking about.

Snowy, I agree with you about last night's show. My husband and I both really enjoyed it too (and yes, soooo happy it comes on after TAR!!) Rena really is beautiful, isn't she? Regarding the conversation in the car with his partner - I think she mentioned some random female's name to him who happened to be a friend of hers. From what I gathered, he dated this girl for a short amount of time, was "stupid" in how he handled the break up possibly, and met his wife around the same time and married her. Sounds like he may have been a wild child in his day, perhaps? I might have misunderstood, but I think that is what the conversation was about.

How long has Jim been blind? Close to one year? I wasn't certain, but his skills sure seemed to have been quite polished for someone who hasn't been blind for long. Oh well, it still makes for a good show. However, I would like to see the other detectives in action - it won't be good if Jim is the ONLY good detective who can figure out how to solve a case. Hopefully the other characters will develop over time as well.

Still, I thought it was a good show, and I plan to tune in next week.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBug
    Regarding the conversation in the car with his partner - I think she mentioned some random female's name to him who happened to be a friend of hers. From what I gathered, he dated this girl for a short amount of time, was "stupid" in how he handled the break up possibly, and met his wife around the same time and married her. Sounds like he may have been a wild child in his day, perhaps? I might have misunderstood, but I think that is what the conversation was about.
    I'll be interested to learn more aout that story line - I got the impression he had an affair with his (police) partner's friend.

KC, I was just coming here to post that! My husband and I were discussing it, and he said he was under the impression that Jim had an affair instead. I didn't catch that at all. I guess I just want to believe him to be perfect!

Rena Sofer is an actress I've noticed for years, and always wondered why she wasn't more well-known. With her blue eyes and dark hair she is drop-dead gorgeous.

I enjoyed the show too. I particularly liked the cinematography. The razzing from his co-workers reminded me of the early Prime Suspects with Helen Mirren.

I really like Ron Eldard, and it's good to see him get a meaty, complex part.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast