+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mythbusters

Mythbusters

Ok, I'm not quite sure. Reality show? Non-reality show? Eh, I'll put it here.

Anyone else fascinated by the Mythbusters gang? I've watched every episode. I just can't stop myself.

John, I've caught about 3 episodes here and there; I liked what little I did see. I love urban legends, and seeing things proven as factual or debunked is fascinating. I like the one where they test out whether a man running in rain will get less soaked than one who walks through the downpour at a normal pace, as well as the episode where they fill up those industrial balloons with helium (I think that's what it was) to see if it will buoy a person in a lawn chair up into the atmosphere

Tough call if it's reality or non.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Ooooo! What station is running that show? Cable/Dish huh?
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

It's on Discovery Channel, Feifer, but I don't think they stick to a regular airing schedule for it. It's on every other day or so

Maybe we will find the money in our budget to cable/Dish ourselves after we move to the new house. Wish me $50 more bucks a month. :crosses fingers
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

*does the "money dance" for Feifer and Family*

Sounds like my type of show, I have to see what times it airs.

The show is Great!!!! They just started showing the new season of shows as of the end of September and its about damn time too!!!! I can't get enough of it.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

This is the website for Mythbusters: http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/my...thbusters.html

New episodes for the new season are airing on Discovery Channel on Wedneday nights at 9pm Eastern, but they re-run them quite often.

This week's episode was the "exploding jawbreaker", "static cannon", and "killer playing card" myths. Very interesting.

Next week: Episode 21: Pingpong Rescue
    It's wet-suit time for the MythBusters as Adam and Jamie investigate whether it's possible to lift a sunken boat from the ocean floor using only pingpong balls. Then Scottie, Tori and Kari get carried away testing a common Hollywood scene: Just how many balloons does it take to lift a 3-year-old child off the ground?
    premiere: Nov. 3, 2004

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I love these guys. They were doing the talkshow round a week or so ago, and they are every bit as entertaining and funny live as on the show.

The funniest one I saw was when they were trying to prove if you really could kill yourself by peeing on the third rail of a subway line.I think someone had trouble refilling the tank "on demand", and they had a lot of trouble getting the experimental guy to stand up and fussed with the "trajectory" a lot. .

Where do you buy that Jello the consistency of human flesh anyway ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast