+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Faith Yokas

Hmm . . . You have offered some very interesting insights, ones that I had not seen/discern on my own.

I love this Forum.

In any event, do pardon my own misinterpretation of your word-choice. But it's nice to hear I got my point clear the first time, heh. I sometimes have trouble doing that.

I think I've been able to enjoy the show as I have because I've witnessed something similar many times before: I loved watching Gargoyles and Sliders, and they're both long gone now. It's up to the writers what they want to do, and if they're writing to get more ratings well more power to them. Long was brought in for a number of ratings-grabbing reasons I'm sure: she's quite attractive physically, and anyone who's watched the show probably believes on some level that-yeah, it's gotten a wee-bit too depressing for prime-time standards . . . Well, that's how I see it anyway.

So I'm just throwing all my hopes and angers to the wind, and watching the show for what it is: a show, to entertain the masses. Sure, I'll see annoyances and such, and this is exactly why the FORT exists: so we can talk them out to our hearts' content, booyah!

And with no flamin'-screamin's; even better.

Okay, I'm about to try and QUOTE; this is some wierd Code, so bear with me . . .

It's not a theory, it's just the way I felt, particularly after watching the episode with DMX. I'd love to be able to point to a specific scene but I only watched the episode once and have no desire to watch it again.
    Probably won't get the "username said" thing, but I'm learning. Anyway! Back on topic.

Believe it or not, I've rarely had any interest to watch any episodes more than once; I'm not that kind of a person. I'm the same with books -- most of the time.

Of course, this is taking in the fact that currently no DVD set exists and I'm fervently hoping for one. Then I'll watch the shows. But currently eh, I don't bother recording anything. But if/when I do see the DMX episode again, I'll be on the lookout for 'evidence' that supports your state-of-mind. It's all about being open. This show supports so many POVs it's mind-boggling.

I can certainly see why you feel Long's character doesn't come off as natural: is it even possible for an officer to enjoy their job that much? I have no idea. I'd think it'd be difficult, since your life is on the life each and every day; it's nothing like the cushy, protected bookstore job I have, which I absolutely love.

Hmm, this is an interesting insight. So much for TW being anywhere near accurate. Oh well, I still like it. The writers tried, heh.

As far as the timeline this season, I could be wrong but I'm guessing they're sticking with it being about 4 months or so since Faith's shooting. I really don't think that's long enough to be making some of the pronouncements she's been making
    Do you have a job? I'm curious. Do pardon my for sounding offensive; I'm not trying to be. But when you get a job, you buddy-up to your coworkers quicker than you might think (me, I'd say it took me about two-three weeks, a month at the most to get situated with my corowkers/managers at my job). I'd say it's even faster for those jobs/professions where your life is in danger whenever you step out. There's a reason why the HBO miniseries 'Band of Brothers' was titled as such. And there's a reason why any fire-department workers consider their 'coworkers' 'brothers'. If you can't trust the person you're standing next to, what the heck are you doing in that profession?

I'm not sure that I believe Faith is as angry with Bosco as some others do. I don't think she was booting him out of her life when she told him to go away. I mean his timing sucked that day . . .
    This is why I love this Forum; I had not considered this. Writers did a great job of leading me in the direction they wanted, huh?

In any event, I think Yokas was trying to keep Bosco's proximity (sp?) unknown to Fred because he already attacked Bosco once. Remember the scene in an episode soon after the shooting where he nearly tossed Bosco out a window? But I think you may be right about where Yokas' feelings lie. I can't believe I didn't take the therapy scene into context; dude, I'm in therapy, you'd think I'd be able to help a fellow battered soul out, whether they're just a Character or not.

Okay enough of my self-loathing. In any event, regardless if Yokas feelings turn out to be more of what you consider, I think Fred's gonna need some counseling of his own should Yokas and Bosco get partnered together again. He has said, multiple times, that he'd kill Bosco if he went near his wife again. Or maybe he's just playing the Macho. We shall see.

You know, I'd really like to see an episode where the focus is on Faith, wherever she is currently, particularly one of her therapy sessions, if she's had any. I, too, like yourself, like to think she's had some more sessions 'off-screen.' Considering the revelations we had in that one episode with her session, you'd think she realized she needed some more. That's the direction I took anyway. But this is a Character, I must remember.

I just realized something else. It may not necessarily be Munroe who's brightening Bosco's outlook on life. He may be reserving his "truer" side for when/if Yokas returns. This would go hand-in-hand, I think, with your idea that he sees Munroe as a temp. Lemme know if I got it wrong.

Though I do like this new Bosco. Mature Bosco is a good Bosco. But tha's jes' me.
    "Don't give me that look; I know some big words" -- Bosco, 'Castles of Sand'

"We're only the law as long as people let us . . ." -- Sully, 'Blackout'

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

"Bosco . . . I think I love you!" -- Munroe, 'The Spirit'

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian105
    Hmm . . . You have offered some very interesting insights, ones that I had not seen/discern on my own.

I love this Forum.
    Me too. Glad I found it.

In any event, do pardon my own misinterpretation of your word-choice. But it's nice to hear I got my point clear the first time, heh. I sometimes have trouble doing that.
    Obviously, you were quite clear, it was my screw-up - sorry.

I think I've been able to enjoy the show as I have because I've witnessed something similar many times before: I loved watching Gargoyles and Sliders, and they're both long gone now. It's up to the writers what they want to do, and if they're writing to get more ratings well more power to them. Long was brought in for a number of ratings-grabbing reasons I'm sure: she's quite attractive physically, and anyone who's watched the show probably believes on some level that-yeah, it's gotten a wee-bit too depressing for prime-time standards . . . Well, that's how I see it anyway.
    I have to agree with that - it has become very depressing. There is not nearly as much humor as there used to be and I miss it. Then again, the partnerships, that supplied much of that banter, have also been MIA.

So I'm just throwing all my hopes and angers to the wind, and watching the show for what it is: a show, to entertain the masses. Sure, I'll see annoyances and such, and this is exactly why the FORT exists: so we can talk them out to our hearts' content, booyah!
    Thank god for that because I do tend to get a little too involved and it is nice to be able to go someplace and hash it all out.

And with no flamin'-screamin's; even better.
    AMEN!!!

Believe it or not, I've rarely had any interest to watch any episodes more than once; I'm not that kind of a person. I'm the same with books -- most of the time

Of course, this is taking in the fact that currently no DVD set exists and I'm fervently hoping for one. Then I'll watch the shows.
    Oh I can certainly believe it - I'm one of the obsessed few. If I like something, I pretty much wear it out. Which is why I'm waiting on the DVD as well.

But currently eh, I don't bother recording anything. But if/when I do see the DMX episode again, I'll be on the lookout for 'evidence' that supports your state-of-mind. It's all about being open. This show supports so many POVs it's mind-boggling.
    If you do get a chance to see it again, I'd love your take. There is a dizzying array of opinions out there, I've read many that got me thinking and rethinking my own interpretations. I always enjoy a good discussion.

I can certainly see why you feel Long's character doesn't come off as natural: is it even possible for an officer to enjoy their job that much? I have no idea. I'd think it'd be difficult, since your life is on the life each and every day; it's nothing like the cushy, protected bookstore job I have, which I absolutely love.
    That is a very good point I didn't even consider. But yeah, I would think seeing as much tragedy as they must, as police officers, it does seem a little strange to be THAT happy all the time. Sure I can see you might be happy if a call ended particularly well, ie: finding a missing child, unscathed, but I would think the job as a whole would take it's toll over time.

Do you have a job? I'm curious. Do pardon my for sounding offensive; I'm not trying to be. But when you get a job, you buddy-up to your coworkers quicker than you might think (me, I'd say it took me about two-three weeks, a month at the most to get situated with my corowkers/managers at my job). I'd say it's even faster for those jobs/professions where your life is in danger whenever you step out. There's a reason why the HBO miniseries 'Band of Brothers' was titled as such. And there's a reason why any fire-department workers consider their 'coworkers' 'brothers'. If you can't trust the person you're standing next to, what the heck are you doing in that profession?
    LOL I have had many a job, and spent many a year at each of them. No offense taken. And as much as we talk about our personal lives, I still would never presume something about someone else, but maybe that's just me.

I have no doubt as to the bond that exists between police officers, firefighters and the like and I wasn't really talking about trust. You would have to be able to trust your partner in those life-threatening situations. But I found Sasha's pronouncement, that Faith wouldn't want to come back and work with Bosco, after she had only worked one shift with Faith, rather presumptuous. As well as telling Bosco he only wished he knew himself so well. When Faith said that to him, she had worked with him for 5 years and went through the academy with the guy. I don't know, maybe it's just the all-knowing way she says it, but for me it really grates.

In any event, I think Yokas was trying to keep Bosco's proximity (sp?) unknown to Fred because he already attacked Bosco once. Remember the scene in an episode soon after the shooting where he nearly tossed Bosco out a window? But I think you may be right about where Yokas' feelings lie. I can't believe I didn't take the therapy scene into context; dude, I'm in therapy, you'd think I'd be able to help a fellow battered soul out, whether they're just a Character or not.
    I wonder if Faith even knows about their little encounter in the hospital.

Okay enough of my self-loathing. In any event, regardless if Yokas feelings turn out to be more of what you consider, I think Fred's gonna need some counseling of his own should Yokas and Bosco get partnered together again. He has said, multiple times, that he'd kill Bosco if he went near his wife again. Or maybe he's just playing the Macho. We shall see.
    Yeah I'm no fan of Fred the Neanderthal man. I'm good with Fred having a hard time with it. I'd be happy if he left Faith altogether. Then she could hook up with that photographer from Exposing Faith.

[QUOTE]You know, I'd really like to see an episode where the focus is on Faith, wherever she is currently, particularly one of her therapy sessions, if she's had any. I, too, like yourself, like to think she's had some more sessions 'off-screen.' Considering the revelations we had in that one episode with her session, you'd think she realized she needed some more. That's the direction I took anyway. But this is a Character, I must remember.[QUOTE]

I'd love to see where the heck she's been and what she's been up to during her recover. I would be very surprised if she has not continued with some therapy. I really do think she'll deal with everything better than she had been. At least I'd like to think so. Except for cruz of course. In that case, I'd just like to see Faith knock that smug look off her face.

I just realized something else. It may not necessarily be Munroe who's brightening Bosco's outlook on life. He may be reserving his "truer" side for when/if Yokas returns. This would go hand-in-hand, I think, with your idea that he sees Munroe as a temp. Lemme know if I got it wrong.

Though I do like this new Bosco. Mature Bosco is a good Bosco. But tha's jes' me.
    I don't think you have it wrong at all. That is exactly the way I see it. I also think that as much as some would like to credit Monroe with keeping Bosco in line, I think she's had the benefit of working with the more mature Bosco. The one who thinks some before he acts and actually tries to listen. I also don't think that the "new" Bosco is a result of this new/temporary partnership either, but rather, his own growth, as a direct result of the events in that hotel room so many months ago.

JMHO of course.

LOL I have had many a job, and spent many a year at each of them.
    Umm, oops. My bad. I also have problems with making assumptions. My apologies.

. . . I would think the job as a whole would take it's toll over time. . . .
    This is exactly why I thank those officers and off-duty military personnel that come into my store (okay, it's not my store, but I work there). It won't equate to a pay-increase, but I like to think it helps them all come home feeling at least a little better than before.

Ahh, I see where you're getting at now! I had forgotten about those little clips of dialogue the writers gave Munroe. Yes, remembering those now, I can see that they would be rather presumptuous, as you so eloquently (sp?) put it. I wouldn't want someone tellin' me stuff like that after just knowing them for a day/week.

I wonder if Faith even knows about their little encounter in the hospital.
    That I hadn't considered. More insight! Booyah!

Otherwise, I think Fred's a good Character; he brings some good antagonism to the show. And by the time they all return (hopefully) we'll all probably be more'n ready for it. I, personally, do miss Fred. He's got that "cute-little-boy-down-the-street" quality to him, at least in my eyes. I'm glad that the writers decide he should "get closer to God." Admittedly, yes, that's a good part of my personal agenda (and would make my little outburst in a previous episode-commentary a bit more understandable), but I didn't write any letters to the writers about that; they decided that on their own; my hands are clean.

Way I see it, he just wants to protect Faith. Regardless of whether Bosco shot his wife or not, he was there; he convinced her to go there. It's his fault.

. . .I think she's had the benefit of working with the more mature Bosco. . . .
    Munroe certainly has. Munroe has nothing to do with Bosco's leap into the higher mature class of Character-humanity -- she may be assisting in keeping him there, but I really am not sure about that.

If there's anyone aside from Bosco who's to be given credit for his leap, it's Faith. But I think it started before the hotel shooting (though that was certainly a HUGE catalyst); I think it started in the episode of Fred's heart-attack, when Bosco drove their kids to the hospital. Of course, he might have always done that, and if there's clip-evidence of that please someone let me know, because I only got in during the 9-11 episodes. Otherwise, the writers made a point of making Bosco up to be the immature jerk up until this point . . . Again, or so I see it.

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

Quote Originally Posted by nypd1141

But I found Sasha's pronouncement, that Faith wouldn't want to come back and work with Bosco, after she had only worked one shift with Faith,
    Monroe and Yokas had a previous relationship. I can't recall what it was at this moment but Faith introduced Sasha to Bosco on Sasha's first day on the job .. after the ladies hello's and a short conversation.

Monroe visited Faith in the hospital. That would have been presumptuous without a prior relationship.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    Monroe and Yokas had a previous relationship. I can't recall what it was at this moment but Faith introduced Sasha to Bosco on Sasha's first day on the job .. after the ladies hello's and a short conversation.

Monroe visited Faith in the hospital. That would have been presumptuous without a prior relationship.
    I know exactly which scenes you're referring to and just interpret them differently. I really mean no offense, when expressing my thoughts. I hope you don't take it that way. But I guess my take on things is just a bit skewed.

When Sasha went to visit Faith in the hospital she told Fred that they had partnered up for a couple of shifts and that she thought they hit it off. It didn't sound like a long standing relationship to me.

And you're absolutely right, when Sasha was introduced last year, they indicated that they already knew each other. But again, I had the feeling it was more of an acquaintance than a relationship/friendship. It was pretty clear they didn't know much about each other. Sasha had no idea Faith had any kids and Faith wasn't up on Sasha's personal life either.

Again, maybe it's just me, but I just don't get that she knows any of them well enough for some of the things she says.

There's nothin' wrong with interpretatin' the show in a different view. As I've said before, this hosw suggests so many POVs it's mind boggling. And again, it's why we're here, so we can talk 'em to death and then some and learn some stuff we may not have previously known.

It's like a debate without the politics and mudslinging.

I don't believe that Munroe's act of visiting Faith and giving her flowers was all that presumptuous, regardless of whether they had a previous relationship or not. Munroe was Faith's partner; I'd think it be a little fishy if she hadn't at least stopped in. I'd say maybe called the family, but it appears we're all at a loss as to what exactly was Munroe's relationship with Faith before her "breakup" (I'm gonna call it that 'cause I can't think of a better term) with Bosco, so for all we know Munroe didn't have Faith's home phone number.

Quote Originally Posted by nypd1141
    I know exactly which scenes you're referring to and just interpret them differently. I really mean no offense, when expressing my thoughts. I hope you don't take it that way. But I guess my take on things is just a bit skewed.
    LOL you must have been flamed pretty badly on another board. We don't do that here. Everyone's opinion is equally important and has credence. Thanks for sharing your views, just as I shared mine.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    LOL you must have been flamed pretty badly on another board. We don't do that here. Everyone's opinion is equally important and has credence. Thanks for sharing your views, just as I shared mine.
    LOL. It shows huh?

Thank you both for making this a friendly and comfortable place to post ones opinions. I appreciate that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123