+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Faith Yokas

*snickers* I'm probably the prudest of the prudes, if that's even an existing phrase. But in any event, you have my word you'll never see any of that stuff from me. Dude, I'm even cutting down on my use of curse-words, spoken, typed, whatever. I'm so proud of myself.

In any event, okay, thanks fer lettin' me know. I'll see if I can post this thing up eventually.

Yeah post your fanfics away! And don't listen to LG as long as you warn everyone that its NC17 you cant get in trouble.

*laughs* Though I may not apply it, I'll be sure to remember it. Thanks Duckgirl.
    "Don't give me that look; I know some big words" -- Bosco, 'Castles of Sand'

"We're only the law as long as people let us . . ." -- Sully, 'Blackout'

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

"Bosco . . . I think I love you!" -- Munroe, 'The Spirit'

FORT Newbie

Faith Yokas

Anyone know if there are any plans to see her again ?

Will she get better ?

will she revenge on officer cruz ?

I can't belive Bosco never stuck up for Faith !!!

Firstly, welcome to the Forum steve. Hope to see you around more often.

As for your questions, I don't know the answer to them, sorry.

I'm kindah confused about your statement, though. I can't actually think of a time in which Bosco was placed in a position in which he had to "stand up" for Faith. Yes, they were partners; yes, they placed their lives in the hands of the other --- but I think "they" wrote their episodes so that it looked to the viewer that Bosco was the "immature child" and Faith was the "valiant mother." Guess they did a pretty good job, huh?

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by bobosteve
    Anyone know if there are any plans to see her again ?

Will she get better ?

will she revenge on officer cruz ?

I can't belive Bosco never stuck up for Faith !!!
    Welcome Steve.

I think I can answer one of your questions anyway:

From what I understand, the first episode that Molly filmed upon her return was episode 15. So that will be Faith's first episode back, barring any post editing of scenes into earlier shows

The episode that just aired this past week was episode 12.

NBC is airing a couple of reruns in the next two weeks, so Faith will be making her return sometime during Feb sweeps.

Personally, it can't happen soon enough for me. I've missed the character terribly.

As to your other questions, I don't really know but I do have an opinion.

I'm pretty sure Faith willl get better at some point. Especially now that Molly has had her baby.

As for revenging on cruz, nothing would make me happier than Faith knocking that smug look of her face. Seriously. Oh and btw, I'm not buying her complete and all too sudden personality change. She's up to something, and I hope Faith is the one to call her on it.

And I agree with you about Bosco not sticking up for Faith. He's actually sold her out a couple of times. But I don't think he realizes that he's even doing it. The first time with Hobart, in the laundramat, in the Long Guns, and then with cruz, in the "10-13" episode. IMO Bosco seems to have a hard time distinguishing betweem his personal and professional feelings when he's working to move up and out of a beat car. He didn't listen to her when she told him about her misgivings about Hobart's mental state. And he didn't listen to her when she was warning him that cruz was no good.

In the end, just before they broke up their partnership, Bosco was treating Faith like being in a beat car with her was so far beneath him. And when he told her he didn't care what she thought anymore, is when she suggested that maybe he'd like another partner. IMO she really looked hurt when he jumped on that. And then there he is, not long after, knocking on her door asking for her help and advice. No question in my mind, this is the stuff that she's really upset about. I really don't think she blames him for her actually having been shot. But I do think he left her feeling pretty used and abused.

That said, there is nothing like the chemistry between Bosco and Faith. I've really missed it. Here's hoping the real 55 David will ride together again. SOON!

I'll be very interested in seeing what's in store for Faith. So much has gone on 'without her,' that, as I've said before, I'm not so sure I'm disappointed that she left in the first place anymore. Nia Long's an amazing actress in my opinion, and the way she and Wiles hit it off with their Characters is quite intriguing, and a much-needed rest from the constant (but perhaps good-natured) bickering between Yokas and Bosco.

FORT Newbie
    Differing opinions, always makes things interesting. I haven't been all that impressed with Nia at all. Not that I don't think she's a capable actress but I really don't think she's been given that much in the way of challenging material -at least not yet.

Personally I haven't seen that much chemistry between Bosco and Sasha. She really seems like she's trying too hard in their scenes. They don't feel at all natural to me. She does seem to have a good chemistry with Cruz and the seconds she gets to share with Davis are easily her best moments imo. But I find her tough cop routine forced, especially in scenes with Bosco. Sometimes it feels like she's trying to out Bosco him. Doesn't work for me. And there is just not the depth of intensity between them and I guess I just miss that. The stuff with Sully and even the brief bit with Doc didn't work for me either. None of it is bad but none of it, except for the stuff with cruz and davis, stands out for me either.

I don't know maybe I'd warm to Sasha more if she seemed more real. You know if they let her make a mistake or some kind of misstep, something to make her seem more human. Also it might help if she didn't presume to know Bosco, Faith or any of the others so well. She hasn't been around the third watch long enough.

Anyway to each their own. Like I said, I want the REAL 55 David back together and soon. They have been apart far too long now. In fact, they were only partnered in a few episodes last season, before their break-up. It's been forever since they've just done their partner thing and it's way, way overdue.

Of course that's JMHO. Certainly no offence intended.

I take none at all. Like you said, it's the differences of opinion on this forum that make the conversations all the more interesting. Even better if they're applied in a calm fashion. We don' need no screamin's in here, heh.

Now that you mention it, I gottah admit, Nia doesn't appear to have been given anything too challenging. I'm guessing maybe it's because she's still a 'newbie' to the show by its standards. The writers want to get her a bit more situated before they throw anything upon her. If you wanna get technical, I believe the writers tried doing something to that extent with the whole Tickle-Me-Elmo'esque episode.

If it seems I suggested there was 'chemistry' between Bosco and Sasha forgive me for misleading you. Way I see it, they work great together; it's like a yin-yang thing goin' on I think. I doubt the writers are going to try and place the two in comparison with the relationship between Bosco and Faith. Man if they do that I may have to start a lynch-mob of sorts. Nia, as she plays her Character, is much too bubbly for that close of a relationship with Bosco. 'Course that's my opinion . . .And I certainly don't see any "hot scenes" with them anytime soon. If that happens, I may have to stop watching the show; I think I'd have to retch.

I'd like to know where you're getting your theory that Munroe's trying to out-Bosco our Bosco. I've frankly never seen that. But I'm open to whatever screen-byte you can offer.

As for Long tryin' too hard, yes I can see where you're coming from there. I like the Character because she's bubbly; perhaps she's too bubbly in your eyes?

As for knowing the crew long enough, Munroe probably does know them as per the Third Watch timeline. Remember, this is the same show that had Yokas' daughter, Emily, shoot up to a Freshman in high-school just after being -- what, maybe a fifth-grader at the youngest? -- in the pilot episode, and it's only been around for a few years, maybe four I think? Do corect me if I'm wrong. Also, Carlos' daughter Kylie's aged pretty quickly. So for all we know there's been at least a few months or so having passed between some episodes.

I'd certainly be interested to see what comes up between Yokas, Bosco, and Faith. I certainly don't see a love triangle, mind you, but I predict tension. We've already seen Yokas apparently kick Bosco out the door of her life, and he appears to be relatively at ease with Munroe. Writers only know.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian105
    I take none at all. Like you said, it's the differences of opinion on this forum that make the conversations all the more interesting. Even better if they're applied in a calm fashion. We don' need no screamin's in here, heh.
    Thanks. It's nice to be able to offer different opinions and perspectives and have them respected. I appreciate that. It makes for some fun and/or interesting discussions.

Now that you mention it, I gottah admit, Nia doesn't appear to have been given anything too challenging. I'm guessing maybe it's because she's still a 'newbie' to the show by its standards. The writers want to get her a bit more situated before they throw anything upon her. If you wanna get technical, I believe the writers tried doing something to that extent with the whole Tickle-Me-Elmo'esque episode.

If it seems I suggested there was 'chemistry' between Bosco and Sasha forgive me for misleading you. Way I see it, they work great together; it's like a yin-yang thing goin' on I think. I doubt the writers are going to try and place the two in comparison with the relationship between Bosco and Faith. Man if they do that I may have to start a lynch-mob of sorts. Nia, as she plays her Character, is much too bubbly for that close of a relationship with Bosco. 'Course that's my opinion . . .And I certainly don't see any "hot scenes" with them anytime soon. If that happens, I may have to stop watching the show; I think I'd have to retch.
    LOL. I certainly didn't mean romantic chemistry at all. And I didn't think you did either. I don't think they have much in the way of partner chemistry, so to speak. I mean they work fine together, I think all the characters work fine together. But I just don't see the same spark as I do when I watch Sully/Ty, Doc/Carlos, Kim/Bobbie or Alex, even monroe/cruz and certainly nothing near Bosco/Faith. I think you're lucky if you see it because you're obviously enjoying the show much more than I am right now and I envy you that. I'm seriously missing the partnerships I've come to know and love. There's really only Sully and Ty and they haven't had much to do.

I'd like to know where you're getting your theory that Munroe's trying to out-Bosco our Bosco. I've frankly never seen that. But I'm open to whatever screen-byte you can offer.
    It's not a theory, it's just the way I felt, particularly after watching the episode with DMX. I'd love to be able to point to a specific scene but I only watched the episode once and have no desire to watch it again. Which unfortunately is the feeling I've had about the entire season so far. So unlike me, if you had any idea of how many times i've watched each episode from previous seasons.

As for Long tryin' too hard, yes I can see where you're coming from there. I like the Character because she's bubbly; perhaps she's too bubbly in your eyes?
    Perhaps that's it, but she just doesn't come off as naturally as the others do for me. I just don't know how to describe it any better than that.

As for knowing the crew long enough, Munroe probably does know them as per the Third Watch timeline. Remember, this is the same show that had Yokas' daughter, Emily, shoot up to a Freshman in high-school just after being -- what, maybe a fifth-grader at the youngest? -- in the pilot episode, and it's only been around for a few years, maybe four I think? Do corect me if I'm wrong. Also, Carlos' daughter Kylie's aged pretty quickly. So for all we know there's been at least a few months or so having passed between some episodes.
    As far as Monroe's time on the third watch - when she was working with Faith last season, she was on the midnite shift and said she was begging to get off of it. I don't think she actually got on the third watch until around the time of Faith's shooting. As far as the timeline this season, I could be wrong but I'm guessing they're sticking with it being about 4 months or so since Faith's shooting. I really don't think that's long enough to be making some of the pronouncements she's been making ie: about Faith not wanting to come back and/or not wanting to work with him, telling Bosco he only wishes he knew himself so well, etc. I just don't think she's had long enough to get to know any of them that well. Except for maybe "all play, no stay" Davis, who she was obviously in the academy with.

I'd certainly be interested to see what comes up between Yokas, Bosco, and Faith. I certainly don't see a love triangle, mind you, but I predict tension. We've already seen Yokas apparently kick Bosco out the door of her life, and he appears to be relatively at ease with Munroe. Writers only know.
    I'm not sure that I believe Faith is as angry with Bosco as some others do. I don't think she was booting him out of her life when she told him to go away. I mean his timing sucked that day. She just woke up to discover she was shot, paralyzed, then he tells her that it was all for nothing and that IAB and cruz wanted her butt in jail. I can see where she might not have wanted him around at the moment. She certainly didn't seem to have much of a problem when Emily told her Bosco was outside her apartment and even went so far as to keep it their secret from Fred. And I thought her rant in the psychiatrist's office was pretty telling. She seemed far more upset that Bosco dumped her and allowed himself to be corrupted by cruz than she did about blaming him for her having been shot. I think she's reserved that honor for cruz alone.

Of course, that is not to suggest that I think everything will be as it was between them whenever she does get back (soon please) I do think they have issues that need to be resolved and I think she's still angry about everything that happened prior to the hotel shooting. But then I'm assuming that she has continued some kind of therapy, off-screen, and has put at least some of this into perspective.

As far as who will end up in 55 David, I honestly think Bosco and Faith have been partners and friends too long, and know each other too well, not to be able to work things out eventually. And I've never got the feeling that Bosco has seen Monroe as more than a temporary partner. Regardless of how well he gets on with her.

Of course, this is just my take on the situation, or wishful thinking. I could be completely off. As you said, only the writers know for sure.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast