+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Girlfriends

I'm not completely insane quanahg's Avatar
    i agree with the last few posts.
    darnell and mya: you know, i never thought about how much money they're both wasting by living in seperate apartments. it doesn't make sense at all. but, i'm glad you pointed it out.

lynn: why doesn't she just tell jennifer that she's not a lesbian, and that she will be her friend, but not her wife? i mean, that's a big step to take. plus, the sex thing...once they're married, they will have to have sex.

joan: what was up with her dark makeup last night. i don't know how i felt that.

toni: if todd heard how she was talking to morgan, he would have had a fit.

Quote Originally Posted by quanahg
    Yes he would. As crazy as it seems I thought her explanation for doing it was pretty good. I don't have any children so I wonder how much of that is true...
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Quote Originally Posted by quanahg
    darnell and mya: you know, i never thought about how much money they're both wasting by living in seperate apartments. it doesn't make sense at all. but, i'm glad you pointed it out.

lynn: why doesn't she just tell jennifer that she's not a lesbian, and that she will be her friend, but not her wife? i mean, that's a big step to take. plus, the sex thing...once they're married, they will have to have sex.

joan: what was up with her dark makeup last night. i don't know how i felt that.

IMHO, hardly anything makes sense on this season's "Girlfriends" - at least, so far OK, the story about Joan's restaurant failing is plausible. Restaurants can and do fail, in the real world. But, I am not engaged in much of what is going on. And, Toni? Her character has just about worn out her welcome with me. What's up with the show this season? Have they changed writers?

Cat

I don't know what's going on, but the show is sucking major wind. I'm hoping Toni will do the noble thing and realize that Morgan is better off with Todd. I can imagine the hilarious story lines of Toni trying to dodge child support payments, etc. Toni with a child in her belly wasn't funny. It isn't any better with a child in her home. As crazy as they are, I think Joan & William would have made a great couple, even if she is a "ooch-ouch" girl. Lynn should wander off to some Tibetan monastery. Maya & Darnell (despite my hopes) won't work. I'm glad they are trying though.

My guess is that this is "Girlfriends"' last season. After all, the show is now in syndication. And, UPN has been known to let shows go, once that happens, e.g., "The Parkers". If this is true, then I hope they go out on a high note, and that the writing improves.

Cat

Last night's episode - 10-17-05 (spoiler alert...)

OK... Finally , I saw an engaging episode of "Girlfriends" for this season, last night ! Approximately half of this ep centered on/explored William, and his relationship with his daddy, who, beforehand, we, as well, as William's BFF, Joan, thought was dead. And, it is not a pretty sight, because we see a LOT more about how William got to be so repressed in self-expression, and just, generally, "f**ked" up WRT his own self-esteem, self-realization, etc., from watching these scenes with his on-screen father (portrayed by Bernie Casey, a brotha who I haven't seen in acting roles - on the small or big screen - in, at least, a decade or two.)

So, maybe, there IS still hope for "Girlfriends", after all.

Cat

I haven't seen the guy that played William's father since "I'm Gonna Get You Sucker".

I still didn't like this episode. I think I'm only going to continue to watch because, it might be the last season anyways and the fact that I'm hoping the writing will get better as the episodes go along.

I liked Joan and William's interaction on this show. It looks like they are back to having the close friend vibe. I was in and out on the show so I couldn't figure out what was going on with Toni . I could tell that she was working the nerves of the girls though lol.

Kao
    I missed it, can someone please tell me what happened last night?

Toni seemed to always work her friends nerves. She would be one of those friends that you love and you accept who she is but can only take her in doses. I like the William story, I'm glad they included him in the forefront since he's just as much as a friend as the girls. I'm also glad they didn't give the episode a sappy happy ending , granted I would have liked to see him work things out with his father but the way they ended it tends to be more realistic. If they continue on this thread things will work out because William changes.

Okay, my Dr. Phil moment has ended ...
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

+ Reply to Thread