+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Girlfriends

Bring on the handsome men!

Tonight's episode was so sad! Toni's baby troubles are real tear-jerking .

What happened guys? Somehow my TV got changed to Monday Night Football and I missed it. Darn husbands @#%#$

Quote Originally Posted by SweetMimi
    What happened guys? Somehow my TV got changed to Monday Night Football and I missed it. Darn husbands @#%#$
    Joan revealed to Maya and Lynn that her restaurant is failing, asking them to stop mooching and pay for their meals, and, also, give her some support to pump up her business. Todd is pursuing full custody of Morgan, after a series of mishaps occurred with Toni and the baby, in her care, e.g., Toni hiring a nanny against Todd's wishes, Toni accidentally locking Morgan in the apartment (alone) and Todd no longer has keys to the place, Toni skipping Morgan's first peds appointment (having the nanny take her in, instead), and Toni just being TONI.
    Toni is now devastated. As she has insisted, Toni DOES love Morgan. William didn't do much during the ep, other than hang around Joan's restaurant.

Cat

Thanks Cat.

I'm not completely insane quanahg's Avatar
    I really don't blame Todd for wanting to get custody of Morgan. I've never thought that Toni would be a good mother. I do like that her character is having this happen to her though. It shows that she hasn't changed much, and that she should have stayed in therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by quanahg
    I really don't blame Todd for wanting to get custody of Morgan. I've never thought that Toni would be a good mother. I do like that her character is having this happen to her though. It shows that she hasn't changed much, and that she should have stayed in therapy.
    I agree with you, quanahg. And, as revealed in this ep, as well as earlier on, she (Toni) doesn't think that she will be a good mother for Morgan. With all of her issues, Toni should definitely have stayed in therapy. Perhaps, this new development will be the "wake-up call" that sista needs to finally get her on the right track, in that regard - that is, IF these "Girlfriend" writers get on-point with her character.

Cat

What the hell was up with Toni talking to that baby like that last night! I'm not going to lie though, I had to laugh when she called her "a little stank ass" and I'm tired of the story of Lynn and her want to be lesbian relationship. I think they're using it just for filler. Get rid of that story stat.

aga
    FORTified
    I'm trying to understand the Maya - Darnell apartment situation. I may have missed and / or misunderstood something, but didn't Maya and Darnell discuss living together in her current place because they couldn't afford something bigger. Therefore Juujuubee (chanelling Toni) had to sleep on the couch, which Maya didn't like. If that is the case how is it that Darnell is able to move in across the courtyard?

I think I missed something. Thanks.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

Ok, this is what I got out of the living situation. Since they've remarried, I guess Darnell wanted Maya and Jabari to move into his place where they all would stay until they purchased a house but moving in with Darnell would mean that Jabari would have to sleep on the couch whereas at Maya's current apartment, he has his own room. Maya doesn't want that and since Darnell wasn't budging, that was that. Now Darnell moving across the courtyard is due to them "dating" again and wanting to be close without living together. That's why Darnell mentioned it was a waste of money when they should just be living together anyway. They also won't agree on where the location of the house they wanted to purchase should be.

I have a bad feeling that by the end of the season, they'll be breaking up again. They're not getting along at all.
    Last edited by biggbaddgirl; 10-11-2005 at 01:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread