+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Girlfriends

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I've yet too see the ep and probably wont for some months, but i don't think the season opener will be that much of a catalyst for this season, really.
    Lynn wont marry said woman, i didn't however how sprung she was over that guy last season. Scary looking bat!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

That's what he looks like. LOL Thanks Amy. That was the most bizarre thing ever. It would have been easier to understand if he'd been nice. But, arrogant, nasty, and butt ugly...I don't think so. I'm just praying that one of these relationships works out. I'd hate to think that none of them can have successful relationships.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Ive been watching Girlfriend re-runs (yea for tivO!) Im convinced Lynn had plastic surgery. She looks so different. In fact she looked quite homely the first 2 seasons.

I missed the premeire
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

A half and half thread would be great. I like that show a lot. What did Toni say to Todd in the premiere? I know on the finale she realized she could stand on her own and was feeling like she'd rather stay apart after fighting so hard to get him back. Toni is truly a piece of work. You'd REALLY have to love her to be her friend. The actress however is very nice. She was mc-ing a girlfriends game during the essence festival in New Orleans with the actress who plays Mya and they seemed fun and down to earth. Pretty in person too.
    Joan and William are fun together because of their shared views but not 'hot' as a couple. Hopefully we'll get some new bf/gfs this season.
    Lynn and the woman - ummmm no! Hopefully this storyline will be short and sweet. I agree the boyfriend last season was odd but I'd read somewhere that he is considered super hot in England or wherever his band is actually from.
    Loved Maya and Darnell back together. I'm a high school sweetheart marriage as well so it's good to see that represented on the screen. It's also good to have an intact family represented. I didn't see it all but from the previous posts I guess there was some aftermath that is going to cut the honeymoon short. They did get married at the drive up chapel right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulahbaby
    Ive been watching Girlfriend re-runs (yea for tivO!) Im convinced Lynn had plastic surgery. She looks so different. In fact she looked quite homely the first 2 seasons.

I missed the premeire
    You ain't kidding. I've only recently become a Girlfriends fan. The show has only been on locally for a couple of years. (We didn't have UPN before then). I thought she was a different girl. My cousin thinks she just put on some weight and that helped her look a little less ratty. But something is different about her face. Something definitely has taken place w/ her face.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Toni & Todd should stay together.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    Toni & Todd should stay together.
    I didn't think so at first but I think they should try to work it out now. I think Darnell asking Maya to date him was really cute.

I just wish they'd do something with Lyn's character. She's always flitting around aimlessly. Even with the guy last season. You just didn't get why she was so crazy about him. Her best storyline to me was when she was trying to work (finally) and met the guy from the islands that just sponged off of her and she called him her Karma . I liked Toni and Todd together. Maya and Darnell standing firm and trying to make things work was good.

Im Samoan and Hawaiian *LeiLani*'s Avatar
    i love this show. i love mya home girl is funny. golden brooks is such a beautiful girl. lyn o my gosh that girl is like the biggest flirtest. and tony has issues never liked her that much and for jones her eyes are larger than her mama's. hahaha
    "what do you call people in Tokyo?? Tokyians??" - Norelle

"I Didn't Know What Regal Meant so i didn't wanna say THANK YOU and it meant something bad" - Danielle

Quote Originally Posted by catwoman1955
    MICHEY,

Did you really think that it was the season premiere that you had hoped for? Or, were you just saying that, tongue in cheek?
    Yeah I was being sarcastic...the premiere was kind of hokey to me but that's what I've come to expect on a lot of season premieres. I think Lynn's engagement will end soon I just don't get the reason they decided to include the storyline in the first place...unless it's really leading somewhere like a real job for Lynn or some related epiphany in her life. I understand the story with Toni but I like them together and wouldn't mind seeing them work something out like Mya and Darnell. I like Joan and William but only as friends. I liked when Joan was dating, I really miss the array of handsome men coming through .
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

+ Reply to Thread