+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Girlfriends

Things Happen............ J1NVUPatricia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MICHEY
    Oh yeah, I totally forgot Toni was kinda on the wishy-washy side. That baby will probably bring them together.
    Hopefully it will. I love their relationship.
    Love is very complicated and complex thing that can be expressed in many different ways. No one really knows the true meaning of love.
    Love Always Patricia

aga
    FORTified
    Toni is my favorite character. I love the scene where she confronts Todd after he tells her he is broke.

I think Golden / Maya has a smoking body . Although I am not crazy about her super long weave (and Toni / Jill's from the first few seasons. Jill's current weave is much nicer).

P.S. I just saw the episode that Steven Cojacaru (sp???) guest stars. Does anyone know what's up with him. I remember him being ill (I think he had a transplant).
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

So, the new season finale was last night, did anyone catch it? I thought it could have been better. Maybe it'll get better as the season goes along.

Ugh!!!! I forgot it.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

"Girlfriends" season opener - WARNING: spoilers here (and possible recap material)...

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl
    So, the new season finale was last night, did anyone catch it? I thought it could have been better. Maybe it'll get better as the season goes along.
    I watched the season premiere of Girlfriends last night. And, yes, I, too, thought that it could have been much better.

The whole Joan/William "relationship" thing was a painful failure, before the end of last season. WHY they chose to go back and revisit it in a "cliffhanger" from last season, and come out with the results that I saw in that season opener is beyond me... . Then, Lynn, despondent after her failed "love connection", "soulmate" foray with the character played by Tricky (ewww!!...That guy made my skin crawl...), in last season's ender, turns toward (yet) another direction in her love life - supposedly saving a woman from suicide, and, then, becoming engaged to marry said female stranger in the opener ... Now, I'm not shocked about that about Lynn since she has been "drawn" as the "out there", very "free spirited" one of the "Girlfriends", since Day 1. And, I have no adverse moral judgment about it all, 'cause people do what they do w/o harming others, regardless of whether or not I or anyone else goes along with their behavior. But, like the continuance of the Joan/William storyline, this one involving Lynn's story, as revealed in this opener, falls flat. I just ain't feelin' it, 'cause it seems forced, and placed in the storyline for some kinda sensational "shock" effect... Well, in a message to UPN (that I should send directly...), I would say that it ain't workin' with me, OK?

Regarding Maya, Darnell, and how they began to get back together (leading up to Darnell ditched his new bride at the altar) in last season's finale, I gave that development an initial, big & hearty ! That good stuff was kinda initially sustained in this new season's first ep. But, then, drama ensued... I guess that's part of the "package", and a basis for how their storyline(s) play out this season. I just hope that it is one "Girlfriends" storyline that leads to some sort of positive resolution, i.e., that couple and their family (Jabari, et. al.) staying together, as a unit, no matter what!

When it comes to the current/past/future story of Toni, Todd, Morgan (their child), I don't feel very positive about the outcome of their "story" (or "stories") on this show ... Hey, at this point, Toni is still Toni and Todd is Todd, in the same way, respectively and collectively, while their child, Morgan, is now in the midst/the middle of her parents' sh*t ... I still hope that, somehow, their story/stories play out well on this show.

Anyway... I hope that "Girlfriends" does get better, as this new (maybe, last) season gets underway. But, in my opinion, the writers, producers, directors and any other key players in this production have got to step up a LOT more. This show can go to the next highest level, and beyond, if the PTB and the "little people" behind it, make it SO ... The talent and potential WRT "Girlfriends" is already there. It all just needs to be let out, in FULL...

So, there ya go... Just my own opinions...

Cat

I totally agree with everything you said about the premiere . Sorry, I called it finale.

Thanks for the recap. I missed it and now I'm all caught up...now for what happened on Half and Half lol. Is there a thread for that show?

Yep I agree it was the premiere I had hoped for. Everyone seems to be growing apart when I wanted them together This Lynn thing is just weird and not because I think her character wouldn't fall for a woman but it's all phony and manipulative. I'm curious to see where they're taking it.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Quote Originally Posted by MICHEY
    Yep I agree it was the premiere I had hoped for. Everyone seems to be growing apart when I wanted them together This Lynn thing is just weird and not because I think her character wouldn't fall for a woman but it's all phony and manipulative. I'm curious to see where they're taking it.
    MICHEY,

Did you really think that it was the season premiere that you had hoped for? Or, were you just saying that, tongue in cheek? Just curious... If you were being sarcastic, then I would surely understand, and wouldn't have any disagreement with ya, at all Seriously, though, I don't want to see this show completely turn into some kinda weird-a** cartoon, given all of the better (or best) seasons that "Girlfriends" has provided during its run.

And, like I indicated earlier, I, too, want to know where the writers are going with these current storylines. I got some clues from this week's TV Guide article about shows returning this season. In the segment about "Girlfriends", some "sneak peeks" were mentioned. But, let's just say that I want to see some "pay-off", during this show's current season, before I co-sign to much of the BS that I saw during that season premiere ep. Shoot...The writers/producers of this show have done much better, in terms of quality, many moons ago!

And, like you, I cannot stress enough how this sudden turn with Lynn falling for a woman seems real OFF. Again, I wouldn't be shocked if sista got together with a woman. But, the way this scenario is being set up, as per the season opener, seems to be, indeed, phony and manipulative. WTF??? Did they change writers on "Girlfriends", last and/or this season? Did these folks forget WHO the main characters are, and what they are about?

Anyway, I am still loyal, and patient. So, I suppose that I will ride this one out, and, maybe, these folks in charge of "Girlfriends" will pleasantly and/or sensationally surprise me, before the end of this season. We shall see...

Cat

Half and Half

Quote Originally Posted by SweetMimi
    Thanks for the recap. I missed it and now I'm all caught up...now for what happened on Half and Half lol. Is there a thread for that show?
    You're welcome, SweetMimi. Just keep in mind that it wasn't really a complete recap, since I did leave out a lot of details.

Anyway... I don't see a thread (at least, a current one) for "Half and Half". But, if you or others would like, I could start one. I did see that show's season premiere, aired right after "Girlfriends". And, to me, it was a bit more interesting.

Cat

+ Reply to Thread