+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 211 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105145195 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: House

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: House

Her husband said something about the commandment to try to live overruling others.... I think even for the very orthodox that you can do things forbidden on the Sabbath if it is a life and death situation. AND it isn't as if SHE is using the technology, she's just profitting from it. Non-Jews are using it. So in the olden days richer Jews used to employ a non-Jew to do the things they were forbidden to do on the Sabbath... turn on the lights, stuff like that.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2784612;
    Her husband said something about the commandment to try to live overruling others.... I think even for the very orthodox that you can do things forbidden on the Sabbath if it is a life and death situation.
    Right, I forgot he said that. I just thought it was a bit strange that she was so adamant about oberserving the Shabbot ritual yet didn't seem at all peturbed about the idea of keeping the ensuing Sabbath holy and how the surgery would affect that. I guess the ritual was most important to her, though, seeing as how it was the very first she was going to have with her husband.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I am confused as I think many others. Was this all still part of her wedding day? I agree that Sabbath begins at sunset on Fridays and ends Saturday after 3 meals have been consumed (not Jewish but have friends) and I think that ends up being after sunset on Saturday.
    But it appears that they were married on or before Friday, and she just wants to wait until she has celebrated her first Shabbat with him before allowing surgery. I am guessing that she thought she would die during the operation and wanted the experience before dying.

FOX Broadcasting Company: House

Thanks for clearing all that up. It makes sense now.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

The guy who played the Mormon Doctor on House (Edi Gathegi) will be appearing in the movie Twilight (currently in production). Not sure who is character will be but I miss him from House.

CCL

Oooh, I always liked him on House. I wonder what character he will play (trying to rack my brain to think of one).
    Edited to add: I did some searching online and rumour is that he is playing Laurent.
    Last edited by CCL; 03-04-2008 at 06:32 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Ohhh - well, I imagined someone more shifty looking for Laurent but I think the character seems like a good guy at first doesn't he ......... Well I am fond of him so I am sure I will enjoy him in the role. Thanks CCL!

I guess this means no chance of him coming back to House though -

FORT Fogey

when are we going to have new shows?

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;2833088;
    when are we going to have new shows?
    Most shows are advertising that they will be back with new shows in April, I'm assuming House is the same.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

Unfortunately we are going to have to wait a little longer people .

New episodes will start airing April 28th and they are expected to fit 4 more in before the season is over.

This is at least according to The Futon Critic

+ Reply to Thread