+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 211 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: House

FORT Regular
    sorry j2dap dunno where to get spoilers. I love house's character, he seems so secure and never seems to be wrong, great intuition.

FORT Regular
    At least ER had regular emergencies, also, it wasn't always the most extremely rare conundrums coming in as cases which happens to be very unrealistic, I still like it though... a lot... I think I am just a sucker for medical dramas.

Quote Originally Posted by cheergirl77
    I love house's character, he seems so secure and never seems to be wrong, great intuition.
    He appears to be wrong to me quite frequently, but for the right reasons. The show seems realistic even if not overall by depicting arriving at the correct diagnoses (sp?) as often being a byproduct of a process of elimination.

I get a kick out of the "...if she dies, we'll have ruled out bleapedybleep as the culprit" musings.

Anyone watch last night? I fell asleep just as House was going in to dinner. If anyone could update me, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs
    Anyone watch last night? I fell asleep just as House was going in to dinner. If anyone could update me, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!
    I think you were talking about when he went to the cafeteria with mom and dad. Okay. So, they're running all sorts of tests on the kid. They think they've solved the problem and then he takes a turn for the worse. Cameron goes to visit one of his "Richie Rich" friends who went to Jamaica with him and he says he has what looks like a rash on his groin. House tells Cameron to get the kid in even though the symptoms are unrelated. Cuddy tells Cameron to lie to House to get him to go to the kid because the kid wouldn't come in. They prep the original patient for surgery to remove a tumor from his spinal chord and they find out that the other kid was just rushed in after vomitting blood. It turns out that the original patient's father works at a salvage yard and gave his son a plumb (?) to put on his keychain. This piece of metal is extremely radioactive. They now have to treat the father and the other kid as well. Chase comes in to the father after the kid's surgery and tells him that while the surgery went well, his white blood cell count will never go back up and therefore he will never be able to fight off any infections. The child is slowly dying.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

i'm not sure if its just me but is House hiding something from his parents???
    is he supposed to have some sort of secret? i think it has to do with his father. i didnt quite catch it.

Thanks Nilesgirl for the recap. I wish I had made it to the end!

I don't know if it is just me, but does Hugh Laurie keep getting sexier every week?!

11/15 Recap: We see a family trying to get a good view of a bike race. The older son is a huge fan of a champion bike racer who's doing this race for charity. As the biker (Jeff) passes the kid, he suddenly falls off his bike and collapses. It's respiratory arrest. He admits to House and the other docs that he does what's called Blood doping and he sleeps in a hyperbaric (sp?) chamber but hasn't slept in it for a while because he's been so busy. Cameron seems to have a problem with this guy making his fans think he's this big time champion when he "cheated" to get there. Chase finds out that there is a bubble in one of the vessels (?) in his lung. He removes it but suddenly Jeff can't swallow or talk. His legs and arms are extremely weak. Wilson admits to Cameron that he cheated on both his ex-wives but he told them the truth about it. Cameron denies ever cheating on anything. House's ex-wife is furious with him for some reason (Honestly don't remember what) and procedes to yell at him in front of a patient who's complaining of constant diarrhea. He said it only started after he quit smoking but he's been chewing sugarless gum like crazy (6 packs a day). House tells this patient that he's being slowly poisoned. Sugarless gums use a certain chemical as a sweetener. Doctors use this same chemical as a laxative. How hilarious? Anyway, back to Jeff. The doctors now think that all his symptoms are pointing to Epo abuse. They think this because when they thought it was cancer, someone leaked it to the press. It turns out that Jeff's manager was the one who leaked the cancer so now they think that she's been secretly sneaking him Epo. Jeff fires her and later, they discover that it wasn't Epo. It was actually a blood disorder. The level of this blood disorder would've required constant blood transfusions. Jeff has been treating himself (with the Hyperbaric Chamber and the blood doping) and he never even knew it. He's treated for this disorder and all is well. Cameron has a heart to heart with Wilson and admits to being tempted to cheat on her husband. But when it came time to actually cheat, she couldn't do it. There was a little connection between Wilson and Cameron. Could there be a pairing soon? If I forgot anything, please feel free to fill in.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Great recap nilesgirl
    House's ex was furious with him, because he had found out her new husband was having a group therapy session about being disabled. So House joined the group and used it to bait and aggravate the guy. Later her saw the ex and said he was sorry, but that he had to know, did she love him or hate him. She said she loved him AND hated him, but that she only loved her husband. She also slipped and let him know she was seeing a therapist. At the end of the show you saw House break into the therapist's filing cabinet and read her file. :nono

Thanks nilesgirl and ozjod!

I wasn't able to catch Bones or House Tuesday, so thanks so much for the updates!

In regards to going to the meeting and stealing a peek at files, he wouldn't be the House we all know and love if her weren't doing something evil!

+ Reply to Thread