+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 211 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: House

Thanks, Q.
    I'll probably watch it even though I'll have already seen it.
    Global has been showing old ones for the past few weeks anyway.
    Hugh Laurie is so great in this role (he is in every role imo) that I'd watch a rerun of this over a new episode of most shows.

This re-run was new to me, even if it weren't I'd agree with fluff that its re-runs are superior to most first run shows. I do wish Commander-in-chief didn't run opposite it, however.

Was it House's ex that his doc buddy was planning on having his sneaky dinner with?

My favorite portion of the show was House diagnosing the 4(?) patients in what seemed like about a minute and a half when he wanted to ease out the door 15 minutes early to snag his monster truck passes. He may not be all that likeable as a cranky character (as cast), but I feel for him (apparently) not having more than a single close pal.

I was wondering what had happened to the show. Since baseball borees me nearly to tears, I haven't paid attention to the schedule. I didn't realize it was pre-empting House. All I know is that about once a week I'd start to wonder why I hadn't caught House. I'm not very observant.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

for all the baseball playoffs and finals they're basically pre-empting every fox based show. i personally think it's a costly mistake to pre-empt house, prison break, the oc, reunion, etc for baseball every night. obviously, im not a baseball fan. but still.

i really enjoy house when i catch it. house is just quirky enough that i will watch it when it's on and even if other shows are a repeat, but for me it's on a bad night.

yea it sukz they're preempting them. I caught the rerun, it was good, i like House's brutaly straightforward demeanor.

FORT Regular
    HOUSE TOMORROW!!!
    this should be good, anyone have any scoop on the upcoming eps?

Pretty good episode tonight. Here's a recap. A young doctor who has spent the past 20 years in Africa treating people with TB collapses during a meeting with one of the top pharmecutical companies in the area (Seattle). He was there trying to get them to hand out more of their top of the line medications so more people in Africa can be treated for TB. The doctor tries to tell House's staff that he has TB but House isn't ready to accept that so easily. One of his symptoms indicates that there's something wrong with his heart. Even though House doesn't want Sebastian (the doc) to be tested for TB and only have heart tests done, Cameron goes behind his back and does the PPD test for TB anyway. EKG comes back irregular but other heart tests are fine. House and Foreman do a stress test (I believe) by strapping Sebastian to what's called a flip table where they change the position of the table repeatedly to see how the heart rate reacts to it. At first it's fine until House turns the level to 11. Sebastian gets dizzy and clearly his heart rate has changed. During another test, House and Cameron notice the red target mark on the forearm where Cameron had done the TB test. We are now back to suspecting TB. Cameron brings the medication for the resistant strain of TB to Sebastian but he refuses to take them because this is the same medicine he's been trying to get for the Africans and he doesn't want to be treated special because he can afford the medicine for himself but these other people can't. He calls a press conferance to slam the pharmecutical company for holding back these meds for these people. This is after House does everything he can to make Sebastian feel like he's back in Africa by unplugging the TV, trying to flush the cell phone down the toilet and turning up the heat in the room to over 100. He notices something strange while watching Sebastian on TV. Something about he should be turning bright red with the heat in there and he's not. He also has Low CSF sugar. They finally determine that Sebastian has a very small Tumor in his pancreas and treat it. In another story, House has to do yet another clinic so he recruits Foreman to act as him for a couple of hours. One of the patients Foreman sees (wearing House's lab coat) is a woman concerned about Breast Cancer after feeling a lump. Foreman checks her very quickly and dismisses her which she takes as very rude. She goes to Cuddy to complain. We know this because Cuddy went to House and demands him to apologize to the patient. While House is speaking with his staff about Sebastian, Newsweek calls and House picks up the phone and says "In my opinion, Dr. Sebastian is an idiot. Yes you can quote me." And he gives Cuddy's name. ( I thought this was priceless). Towards the end, House tells Cameron that people who know him as an a** treat him as an a** and those who know him as a cripple, treat him like a cripple. He sees the breast cancer patient outside Cuddy's office. "Allow me to prove it." he says. He starts to walk out the door past the patient and deliberately puts the tip of the cane down on the patient's foot. The patient is about to do off until she realizes that this is just a poor cripple man (yeah, right) and dissmisses it. Cuddy sees House apologize to the woman and assumes he's apologizing for his previous behavior.
    All in all this was a very good episode. I especially liked it when he 911 paged all his staff into his office. They walk in and see him with a yo-yo. He says "I can't remember how to do walk the dog."
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Regular
    nice recap nilesgirl interesting episode, cameron didn't want to stay in africa because she has something going on for House

Great recap Nilesgirl- This was one good episode, funny that they ran a special on TB on PBS later that night.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

does anyone know where to get any spoilers on this show??? im terrible at just sitting back and seeing what's coming...

+ Reply to Thread