+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 211 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: House

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    House kept his leg. They only removed the tissue in his leg that had died.

There were three possible options, though I only really heard two argued until the ultimate decision was made.

They could do nothing, which might very well mean House's death. That was his preferred course of inaction. Given the choice, he chose possible death rather than giving up his leg.

They could amputate the leg; I didn't hear any possible negative's with that other than the obvious one relating to the loss itself.

The third option involved surgically removing the leg tissue that had died due to the circulation loss. The head honco woman doc tried to raise this possibility rather than doing nothing, even though she strongly advocated amputation, but House stpped her in her tracks. House's wife (?) was in the room when the third option came up, and after House was put into the chemically induced coma he sought to ride out the pain, sought info on it and chose to do it now that she was in control with him incapacitated.

She may have saved his life, but were I him I'd never have spoken to her again. She knew there was a strong possibility he'd kick her to the curb for going behind his back prior to making the call, I suppose.
    I think the negative about removing the leg was just that: removing the leg. House was willing to go through the pain to NOT have to lose his leg. There's probably some background info we don't have yet as to why he was so dead set against removing the leg. Particularly since, as a doctor, he had to know how great the current appliances are for people who lose limbs.

Yeah, I think he's was probably very upset with her after she went against his wishes and had them do the procedure anyway. The feeling I got from her (I can't remember the name of Sela's character) discussion with Cutty was that the pain would eventually end his life. If you live with debilitating pain over a very very long time, it often ends up sending you into horrible depression and you either commit suicide or go insane. Look at how much pain he's still in - he's popping those pills all the time - and that's after the surgery to reduce the pain.

I have to say (on a purely shallow level) that Hugh Laurie's got some nice gams AND it was nice to see him have scenes with someone he has a different relationship with (rather than just a co-worker). We haven't seen him with Sela too much but they seem to have good chemistry
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Wow, the finale was absolutely amazing.

So much for the notion of House kicking his gal to the curb after she went around his back while he was down and out. It looked/sounded this last episode like it was she that made the call to end their relationship. Faced with the same sort of call with her current man, she's consistent with her interventionist policy following similar warnings that "he'll never forgive you", though she doesn't bother doing it behind his back.

The guys she attracts are the forgiving sort it seems, both House and her husband seem to hold no lasting grudge. Was the husbands maniac reference to her or House? It looks like we'll be seeing more of Sela and her hubby, though why he needs to kick around the hospital in a lasting manner that justifies bringing her into the staff escapes me.

I don't understand why House needed to get his little gal disciple back. I don't mind her, but that one woman that was verbally going toe to toe with him during the brief interview process that her resignation prompted attracted me greatly and seemed capable of shaking things (and House) up in short order. It may be a stretch, but I was wondering whether House somehow sees similarities between his ex and his dark haired protege, either physical or internal, which justify her being the only one he desired for that slot. It sure isn't obvious that he was dead set on having her back because of her medical knowledge and skills.

House surprised me a little when confronted by his three Mouseketeers (LOL)developing the spine to position themselves between him and the hubby patient he intended to give the cocktail to. He backed off only to do an end run around them in injecting the guy with an innermuscular stab, where I'd figured he'd planned on giving up his plan (and syringe), sending them on their way before drawing out another syringe and completing the task that his predictable crew hadn't really appreciably held up at all.

I did a search on the cast of House last night and you know what I realized? The young doctor (not the australian one but the other blonde) is the same guy who played Neil Perry in the movie "Dead Poets Society" and Omar Epps played Dr. Gant on ER. DR. Gant is the doctor who threw himself in front of a train after being admonished rather harshly by Dr. Benton.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    <snip>Omar Epps played Dr. Gant on ER. DR. Gant is the doctor who threw himself in front of a train after being admonished rather harshly by Dr. Benton.
    Wasn't that the episode where they had an accident victim come in unrecognizable and they kept paging Dr. Gant who didn't respond... then the victim's beeper kept going off and when someone went to turn it off they THEN realized their victim on the table WAS Dr. Gant?

Or am I confusing things?

I used to really like ER back in the days of their good episodes.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M
    Wasn't that the episode where they had an accident victim come in unrecognizable and they kept paging Dr. Gant who didn't respond... then the victim's beeper kept going off and when someone went to turn it off they THEN realized their victim on the table WAS Dr. Gant?

Or am I confusing things?

I used to really like ER back in the days of their good episodes.
    Yep. That's the one.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Just watched a repeat episode. The one with the kid who had leprosy. Question: How could someone not tell his son that he's dying??? I mean he had a perfect opportunity and he just hugged him and left? I think House should've told him. Even though it really wasn't his place. He should've said something.

I just gotta say I love this show, Hugh Laurie is hot, and it threw me that Chase's father was Sydney from The Pretender (or possibly the twin of the guy who plays sydney) so I kept thinking he worked for 'the Centre' and waiting for Jarod to appear.

i caught a few of the episodes and liked it. ill dfntly be a reg from now on. do new eps start after baseball season?

Just a heads-up: since there is no baseball tonight, FOX is airing an episode of "House" at 9:00, but alas, it's a rerun from last season.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread