+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 211 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114164 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: House

Re: House

As far as Cameron's 2 personalities, it's very simple. I think deep down, she really does love Chase but there's one thing stopping her from putting it out there. Fear. As someone who has been where she is (sort of), I can explain. She loved her husband. Probably more than life itself. And he was tragically ripped out of her life. So, ever since then, she's refused to allow herself to feel that kind of love for anyone else for fear that she will lose them, too. She doesn't want to go through that kind of pain again so she figures if she pretends not to love the person and something happens to take that person away, it won't hurt as much. This, of course is a farce. I didn't lose a husband but I have lost plenty of people who were very close to me (both my parents and 2 friends before I went off to college). So when I got to college, I only allowed myself to be friends with a handful of people (I think there were only about 10 people that I became friends with). The reason? Just like I think is going on with Cameron, I had convinced myself that if I allowed myself to care about someone, I would lose them just like I'd lost everyone else. I know now that it's not true. I know that you can't just stop yourself from loving someone and even if you do, you never stop caring. Therefore, if someone dies that you care about (big difference between caring and loving), it will still hurt just as badly.
    Anyway, I think that's what's going on with Cameron. She's afraid to love him because she's afraid that if she does, she'll lose him just like she lost her husband and she can't go through that kind of pain again. So she decided it'll be easier to put a stop to it before anyone had to go through that pain. Especially her. It sounds selfish, I know, but if she's anything like I was, that's what's going on and I can kind of sympathize with her.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Fogey

Beautifully said nilesgirl. I think you're absolutely right about Cameron. I'd also add that I don't see this as a big change in her personality - I think it's been there all the time. I think the crush on House was a result of this same mindset. Being attracted to House was safe, because she knew he'd never act on it. She could feel all she wanted to, never have to act on it, never hand control of any of her feelings over to him, and remain safe.

Exactly
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Great analysis, waywyrd, Veruka and nilesgirl!

And to the question of why the dad wouldn't show a short temper due to testosterone overload, they dealt with that by pointing out how much bigger he was than the other people involved so the drug/body ratio worked for him. I would say he was a little snappy with his daughter at the after school care program and his son later, but both times it was kind of understandable.

I don't get how if he was so much bigger than the children, it affected his girlfriend? I know she's not a child, nor big by any means, but it seems like if it was getting to her, it would have started getting to him too?

I loved the scene where Wilson went to House to ask him what he should do, leaves then storms back in. Those two make me chuckle at how frustrated they make each other but always end with a "good night" or some other pleasant thought.

FORT Fogey

IT didn't effect his girlfriend as much as the kids - a reflection of their sizes I'd guess. Since a woman's body chemistry doesn't accept high levels of testosterone as readily as a man's does, it makes sense that she'd react to it stronger than he would -- he was using the product because his testosterone was lower, and his body needs it.

I laughed at House's comment when the dad asked what would happen if he stopped using the cream. "You'll be floppy. They'll be fine." Leave it to House.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2337979;
    IT didn't effect his girlfriend as much as the kids - a reflection of their sizes I'd guess. Since a woman's body chemistry doesn't accept high levels of testosterone as readily as a man's does, it makes sense that she'd react to it stronger than he would -- he was using the product because his testosterone was lower, and his body needs it.
    I feel really foolish because I don't really understand how a cream helps with the testosterone levels. Is this something that men can actually buy?

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2338162;
    I laughed at House's comment when the dad asked what would happen if he stopped using the cream. "You'll be floppy. They'll be fine." Leave it to House.
    Yeah that was good House always has good responses!
    I also loved how he sent the other Dr. flowers trying to mess with his head

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2337704;
    I don't get how... it affected his girlfriend?
    Well, how do I say this delicately...

The only symptom we know she exhibited was a mustache.

The children were affected by secondary contact. However, their symptoms were much greater because of their size.

Although the girlfriend was affected to a lesser degree, hers was a result of direct contact.

Get it?

Think back to the smirk on House’s face when he noticed the discoloration on the girlfriend’s upper lip. I almost fell over with that one.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread