+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 211 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: House

GOLDEN GLOBE AND EMMY AWARD WINNER SELA WARD TO GUEST-STAR IN TWO EPISODES OF "HOUSE"

GOLDEN GLOBE AND EMMY AWARD WINNER SELA WARD TO GUEST-STAR IN TWO EPISODES OF "HOUSE"

Sela Ward, Golden Globe Award winner and Emmy Award winner for her role in the television series "Once and Again," will guest-star in the last two episodes of the current season of the FOX series HOUSE. In addition, Ward will return to HOUSE for season two in a recurring role. Ward will play a woman from Dr. House's past who returns to Princeton Plainsboro Teaching Hospital, where she used to work as a lawyer. Although she has a complicated past with House, her return into his life is under much more dire circumstances.

Ward's episodes will air on Tuesday, May 17 and the season finale Tuesday, May 24. HOUSE airs on Tuesdays (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

The pattern for growth for the new hit drama HOUSE remains consistent, as last week the show once again delivered the medical mystery's highest ratings ever. Last week's HOUSE drew over 18 million viewers and outperformed its prior season average by a huge +64%. The show has consistently ranked in the weekly top 10 programs among adults 18-49, total viewers, 18-34 and teens.

Ward received an Emmy Award and two Emmy nominations for Best Actress in a Drama for her role on the critically acclaimed dramatic series "Once and Again." Her performance also garnered her a Golden Globe Award and two Golden Globe nominations for Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series, Drama. In addition to "Once and Again," Ward received an Emmy Award for Best Actress in a Drama for her role as Teddy in the award-winning series "Sisters." She was also nominated as Outstanding Female Actor in a Drama Series by the Screen Actors Guild for her role on the series.

Ward received unanimous acclaim for her performance in the cable original film "Almost Golden: The Jessica Savitch Story," portraying the late news anchorwoman. Ward's performance earned her a CableAce Award for Outstanding Actress in a Television Movie or Mini-Series, as well as an Emmy Award nomination for Best Actress Lead in a Television Movie, Mini-Series or Special.

Ward's film credits include the blockbuster films "The Day After Tomorrow," opposite Dennis Quaid and directed by Roland Emmerich; and "The Fugitive," opposite Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones.

Ward's first book "Homesick" appeared on The New York Times bestseller list. Part inspirational story, part memoir, the book tells of Ward's quest for a balance of the comforts of her small-town childhood and her big-city way of life.

HOUSE is from Heel and Toe Films and Bad Hat Harry Productions in association with NBC Universal Television Studio. The series was created by David Shore, and Shore, Paul Attanasio, Katie Jacobs and Bryan Singer are executive producers.

Source: Fox News

Hmmm....did anyone see last night's episode (04/13)?

Wow...Cameron left, but I bet she'll be back. She'll probably be back in a couple episodes. For some reason, I was fully expecting House to just say something that would make her stay, such as profess his feelings or something like that. I'm pretty sure she'll be back, but if she doesn't come back I'll be so pissed. She is one of my favorite characters.

-GM
    I love you J.J. Abrams for "LOST" AND "ALIAS"!!

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less traveled by and they CANCELLED MY FRIKKIN' SHOW. I totally shoulda took the road that had all those people on it. Damn. -Joss Whedon (Firefly and Buffy ROCK too! )

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Sela Ward, Golden Globe Award winner and Emmy Award winner for her role in the television series "Once and Again," will guest-star in the last two episodes of the current season of the FOX series HOUSE. In addition, Ward will return to HOUSE for season two in a recurring role. Ward will play a woman from Dr. House's past who returns to Princeton Plainsboro Teaching Hospital, where she used to work as a lawyer. Although she has a complicated past with House, her return into his life is under much more dire circumstances.
    Now that will make me start watching again. I haven't watched this the last few weeks but I love Sela Ward. Loved "Sisters" and "Once and Again".

Crusty craggy House seems to have prevailed over his latest irritation, the CEO, I'm sorry they only implied it rather than showing the board showing him the door.

It's understandable that head administator gal would lament losing the cash that wasn't a gift in the way I tend to think of it, but what did they really lose?. They aren't losing anything in my opinion except the puppet strings that the cash flush dictator enjoyed jerking them around with. Whats the use of cash when one person decides how or if its going to be spent depending on how he happens to be feeling at that particular point in time?

Am I totally bad for thinking it was a good thing to have a patient of House's die? Who died didn't matter to me, but it makes the show a little better to me showing that even wonder doc can't save all that cross his path.

I wonder now that the CEO is history whether Cameron will end up back on the show. If she doesn't return, I wonder what her character specifically did other than show her insecure side one too many times which warranted her removal. If she stays gone I hope they bring in another woman to balance the team a bit, one hopefully with a little justifiable sassiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    I wonder now that the CEO is history whether Cameron will end up back on the show. If she doesn't return, I wonder what her character specifically did other than show her insecure side one too many times which warranted her removal. If she stays gone I hope they bring in another woman to balance the team a bit, one hopefully with a little justifiable sassiness.
    I think she will be back, Leftcoaster. If I'm not mistaken, I saw her briefly in the preview for next week's show.

for Cutty! She totally saved the day. Although, since the show is called House and the show has been picked up for next season, it wasn't that much of a nail biter - like they'd get rid of the title character. They had me for a second at the beginning of the show with House's dream about Vogler. I was all excited that he was going to die (sick, I know). Loved the part where House told him he'd taken the liberty of ordering a jumbo-sized coffin

SO happy to see that Sela Ward is coming. I hope she and Hugh have chemistry, because it'd be nice to see him really unhinged in that way. With Marin Hinkle on this week and then Sela coming, I'm wondering who else from Once and Again is going to show up!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I think she will be back, Leftcoaster. If I'm not mistaken, I saw her briefly in the preview for next week's show.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but I think next week's episode of House is old. If I'm not mistaken, it's original airdate was in December. I think the next new episode is going to on May 3rd. I'm not positive though, but now I'm really sad. No House for that long.
    Last edited by Greenmustard; 04-20-2005 at 08:44 PM.
    I love you J.J. Abrams for "LOST" AND "ALIAS"!!

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less traveled by and they CANCELLED MY FRIKKIN' SHOW. I totally shoulda took the road that had all those people on it. Damn. -Joss Whedon (Firefly and Buffy ROCK too! )

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmustard
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but I think next week's episode of House is old. If I'm not mistaken, it's original airdate was in December. I think the next new episode is going to on May 3rd. I'm not positive though, but now I'm really sad. No House for that long.
    Oh phooey! I was so hoping we'd get her back.....maybe we still will. I must've missed next week's epi, 'cause it wasn't familiar to me. WHY do they keep throwing repeats at us? You know, 90210 wasn't the greatest show ever, but they never did repeats - I always liked that. All of these constant repeats and interruptions don't make me eager for when the next new epi is shown. It just annoys me and makes me turn to something else. :phhht
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Next week, they will be re-airing "The Socratic Method" and another rerun the week after. I think they will air the remaining four episodes during May sweeps.
    I sincerely hope they show episodes during the summer months because I don't know how I'm going to handle House withdrawal. Fortunately, the new season starts in August. However, there are still those three months.

Okay well,I missed a very important part cuz me and my sister were arguing over the leftovers and now im confused.Does House have an artificial leg or not ? if anyone could clear that up for me it would be great Thanks a bunch

House kept his leg. They only removed the tissue in his leg that had died.

There were three possible options, though I only really heard two argued until the ultimate decision was made.

They could do nothing, which might very well mean House's death. That was his preferred course of inaction. Given the choice, he chose possible death rather than giving up his leg.

They could amputate the leg; I didn't hear any possible negative's with that other than the obvious one relating to the loss itself.

The third option involved surgically removing the leg tissue that had died due to the circulation loss. The head honco woman doc tried to raise this possibility rather than doing nothing, even though she strongly advocated amputation, but House stpped her in her tracks. House's wife (?) was in the room when the third option came up, and after House was put into the chemically induced coma he sought to ride out the pain, sought info on it and chose to do it now that she was in control with him incapacitated.

She may have saved his life, but were I him I'd never have spoken to her again. She knew there was a strong possibility he'd kick her to the curb for going behind his back prior to making the call, I suppose.

+ Reply to Thread