+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 211 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106156 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: House

I found myself being just as furious with him as the team was about him faking the whole thing! I had a friend told me he had a potentially deadly heart problem (he said he had a whole in his heart) and then he broke off his friendship with me when I shared it with a mutual friend. Then he couldn't understand why I was angry when I found out he lied about the whole thing.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2268743;
    I found myself being just as furious with him as the team was about him faking the whole thing! I had a friend told me he had a potentially deadly heart problem (he said he had a whole in his heart) and then he broke off his friendship with me when I shared it with a mutual friend. Then he couldn't understand why I was angry when I found out he lied about the whole thing.
    I can understand why everyone was furious with him, but I can also understand that he's in constant pain and was looking for a non drug solution to his chronic pain. Anyone that lives with chronic pain can be desperate for any solution. I realize its just a tv character, but his character lives with chronic pain that obviously affects his life and now that he's been in rehab, he is at least not resorting to going back to drugs for relief.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

CCL
    I was actually relieved he didn't have cancer. Firstly because I didn't really want them to go down the "poor House" path. Secondly, because it shows that he hasn't been reformed at all by his stint in rehab. They've left him the scoundrel he has always been. I did enjoy seeing his team's reaction to the news, from the Australian's hugging him to Cameron kissing him while trying to stick a needle in him.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey
    From a viewer standpoint, I was relieved to find out he was faking the whole thing. Initially, I thought they were going to take us down a whole new side storyline, similair to the cop investigating House, and that ticked me off. So once we knew he faked it, and it appeared this won't be continued for episodes to come, I was happy enough for my viewing that i was willing to forgive the character.

I second the "Call Make-a-wish" as the best line of the night!

ETA: CCL and I must have been typing at the same time, so I'll add a "I totally agree CCL"!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2268769;
    I was actually relieved he didn't have cancer. Firstly because I didn't really want them to go down the "poor House" path. Secondly, because it shows that he hasn't been reformed at all by his stint in rehab. They've left him the scoundrel he has always been. I did enjoy seeing his team's reaction to the news, from the Australian's hugging him to Cameron kissing him while trying to stick a needle in him.
    CCL, I totally agree with you. I was relieved that he really didn't have cancer. Hopefully he will be able to start building friendships with people so he doesn't feel so alone. Because the group really does care for him
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Sorry for the double post, but I got back too late to edit my previous post. House is not going to be on for 3 weeks again But then it will be back with 9 new episodes
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

That disease that they thought the Savant had (Estonia?)..Is that real?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2268769;
    ...Cameron kissing him while trying to stick a needle in him.
    That was such a great device. It gave those of us who love the idea of Cameron and House together something to chew on, yet kept the story plausible.

And, it was darn funny too.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2269512;
    That was such a great device. It gave those of us who love the idea of Cameron and House together something to chew on, yet kept the story plausible.

And, it was darn funny too.
    I loved that scene too, Uncle David! He kissed her back too! His line to her as she was leaving had me rolling (and hoping it was foreshadowing): "If you want a sperm sample, come back...without a syringe."

Even though his lying about the cancer was pretty horrible, I can't help but love him anyway. The scene with him and Dave Matthews playing the piano together was terrific.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2269527;
    "If you want a sperm sample, come back...without a syringe."...
    Her 'Make a wish' reference aside, I think we're far more likely to see House and Cuddy hook up than we are to see House and Cameron. And that's not a bad thing. :::remembering back to the shot in the butt-cheek scene::::

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2269527;
    The scene with him and Dave Matthews playing the piano together was terrific.
    I had to replay it several times. Cool scene, fantastic music!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread