+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 211 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: House

wow nasty! Thanks so much for the heads up
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2241055;
    Hey ClosetNerd, it was 25 feet long and we got to see nearly all of it. It is close to the end of the episode. You should close your eyes when they wheel the girl into the surgery room that her mother is undergoing surgery in once Dr. House cleans her belly area with iodine.
    I agree (it was quite gross). Just one quibble - I'm sure it wasn't her mom having surgery; it was a person having a hernia operation.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Okay, I missed the end of the show (stupid work-pager!)

How did House determine it was a tape worm?

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2241290;
    I agree (it was quite gross). Just one quibble - I'm sure it wasn't her mom having surgery; it was a person having a hernia operation.
    You are right CCL. I wasn't paying close attention, I actually assumed it was her mom but thinking back, her mom was in need of brain surgery and that wouldn't be something they could stop doing in order to help House with his surgery.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Callie;2241292;
    Okay, I missed the end of the show (stupid work-pager!)

The girl swallowed a vitamin that should have induced pain, only the vitamin didn't enter her system, but that of the tapeworm.

I still have the gag reflex going over that darn tapeworm. Great show, but could not handle that scene.

Glad that Hugh Laurie was able to win two recent awards as Best Actor for his performances on this show.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by Callie;2241292;
    When she was admitted to the hospital, Painless Girl was given vitamin B-12. The paranoid delusions (and the partial paralysis as well, I believe) that she was having is one of the symptoms of B-12 deficiency. Since she was showing signs of B-12 deficiency so soon after receiving it, House determined that something else was sucking it up, preventing her from absorbing it or whatever. Elementary, my dear Watson -- it must be a tapeworm! Let's pull that sucker out . . . and the story goes on. Yadda.

NB: People with normal pain-sensing abilities would have been writhing in agony long before a tapeworm would get that big or cause that much damage.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Oh, and I loved how he pulled a 25-foot tapeworm out of her intestines in less than 60 seconds. Considering your intestines are one long-ass coiled up mess, I doubt it would come out *that* easy.

*gag* I closed my eyes. Whew! But you are right Jewlsey. My cousin worked in the peace corps for a few years.. and she had to pull many a gigantic tapeworm out of people.

****GROSS WARNING****
    Click to see Spoiler:
    You have to pull the end out and wrap it around something... like a match stick. Then ever so often you give it a couple of turns, like winding a bucket on a string up out of a well. If you go too fast, it breaks off and you lose the rest of the worm inside and have to find it and start over.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Is anyone else annoyed that we aren't going to see House for the next 3 weeks? AI will be doing it's thing, so House gets pushed back

As far as the girl with the tapeworm....EWWWWWWWWw. I couldn't believe that. And when they wheeled her into the OR and she started screaming he was hurting her and he kept cutting at the stomach with everyone watching
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread