+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 211 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102152 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: House

FORT Regular
    Okay, so I'm the only one who wishes House would marry Wilson? They are by far my favorite TV couple (reminiscent of Hawkeye and Trapper).

Good one, BurnThis, although sometimes more like Oscar and Felix (the Odd Couple).

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by nliedel;2230429;
    whenever I hear Hugh Laurie speak with his natural voice I want to duct tape his mouth. I just can't get into it. Yes, yes, British actor, been around for years, husband is a huge fan, but I LOVE his American accent.
    I prefer his British accent. Before I started watching House I used to see commercials for the show. It was always the same commercial (for the show in general, as opposed to a specific episode) and the way he said "Mom" made me cringe.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2231203;
    I prefer his British accent. Before I started watching House I used to see commercials for the show. It was always the same commercial (for the show in general, as opposed to a specific episode) and the way he said "Mom" made me cringe.
    He also sometimes puts in a final post-vocalic "r" where it doesn't belong (from the perspective of a standard American accent) -- as in "Dianer" rather than Diana. But for the most part, his American accent is pretty flawless.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnThis;2230869;
    Okay, so I'm the only one who wishes House would marry Wilson?
    Totally agree on that one! They have way more chemistry than House and Sela Ward's character ever did.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey
    Originally Posted by BurnThis
    Okay, so I'm the only one who wishes House would marry Wilson?
    amen to that

Quote Originally Posted by BurnThis;2230869;
    Okay, so I'm the only one who wishes House would marry Wilson? They are by far my favorite TV couple (reminiscent of Hawkeye and Trapper).
    Not me. I see Wilson as House's lap dog too often. The few times he has ever stood up to House have been too few and far in-between. Besides, House is saving himself for me

CCL
    I don't know if any of you watch the Colbert report but I was watching it last week and he had a list of his fantasies. One of the fantasies was to spend a weekend with House. He also has a picture of House in a frame on one of the cabinets in the back. So cute.

The episode last night was good. Back to the medical mysteries. A toothpick - ow!
    It was interesting, the patient's comments to Foreman when the doctor told him about the internship. I guess we're always so programmed to be successful, do better, achieve great things. Live your own dream. I felt bad for the poor teenager myself, thinking how he wouldn't be able to become a doctor even though he was really interested in medicine. Or even choose his own life path, rather than remain a salesman with his father. But he had chosen his own path - it just wasn't an individual path. Rather, he chose to remain with his family and community, even though that meant he couldn't pursue an individual dream. Just as valid a choice, just not one always shown in a tv program.

I liked House's wheelchair competition last night, particularly when he was having the hallway battle with the female doctor.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey
    I liked last night too. The wheel chair debate and competition last night was very funny. And I loved the way that we're so programmed to think that all the cases on tha show are going to be some rare complex medical issue that it would come as such a shock that the problem could be something as simple as a toothpick!

I liked yesterday's House as well. It's nice to see that House has the upper hand on Cuddy even when she thinks otherwise.

I liked how the relationships between certain characters are developing, while others are struggling along.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The poor girl having a very long tapeworm inside her body

+ Reply to Thread