+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 211 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: House

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2222348;
    Actually it was Oma. Dutch for Grandmother. He said "She was still my grandmother and she's still Dutch" ETA: And actually, I just checked the literal translation and the literal translation for Oma is Granny.
    . . . or "Grandma," or "Nana," etc. The Dutch word for "grandmother" is "Grootmoeder" (like the German "Grossmutter"); "Oma" is a term of endearment in Dutch and German. That's how Eve was able to call his bluff.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Thank God for TiVo because I didn't get to see everything that happened Tuesday night. I watched it last night. Awesome show. I love seeing a little chunk as to why House is the way he is. I'm glad the rape victim finally opened up to him. That's the first step to getting help for it.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I love House as his grouchy, 'egotistical' self. But I loved the glimpses of his life and potential explanations of why he is how he is. It makes him so much more appealing and multi-dimensional. They're playing it perfect with small doses and not overwhelming us with a sweet, sensitive House.

Someone at work mentioned that she thinks House might be getting into a relationship with the girl in this week's episode. I don't really think so though, this episode was to give us an insight into his character and, I guess, starting to explain why he is the way he is.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper;2223405;
    That was a repeat episode from last season or the season before.
    Ok..thanks for the info! I just wish they'd still write her back into House's life, somehow. I thought the two of them had such chemistry together.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2224500;
    Ok..thanks for the info! I just wish they'd still write her back into House's life, somehow. I thought the two of them had such chemistry together.
    I think House let his ex-wife get married to someone else. I do know that her new boyfriend or husband suffers from some sort of disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornedbeef;2228147;
    I think House let his ex-wife get married to someone else. I do know that her new boyfriend or husband suffers from some sort of disease.
    He was never married to Stacy. They were a live in couple. That is not to say that his love for her was any less, but when they mention Ex it is with reference to ex girlfriend, not wife.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2222220;
    I still want to see House get back with his ex-wife..they showed her on a previous episode several weeks ago, where her current husband needed House's medical expertise. Will they ever bring her back on the show? They just sort of let this storyline hang.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornedbeef;2228147;
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;2228484;
    He was never married to Stacy. They were a live in couple. That is not to say that his love for her was any less, but when they mention Ex it is with reference to ex girlfriend, not wife.
    Mike'sgirl, thank you for the clarification, but angelic_one said ex-wife in the post.

MRD
    just read an article about Hugh Laurie in a medical magazine in my dr. office. His father was a doctor and he says it does help him with his role of House, but he has a very difficult time with the American accent especially the medical terms and they often have to do many takes for him to get it right. He says that he shudders when he sees certain medical terms in the script.

But that he loves the role.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar
    whenever I hear Hugh Laurie speak with his natural voice I want to duct tape his mouth. I just can't get into it. Yes, yes, British actor, been around for years, husband is a huge fan, but I LOVE his American accent.

Elk, an aside. I have a little guy with autism. Makes life sort of like wading through a swimming pool filled with silly string. Lots of fun, but you never know when you're about to step in the deep end.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

+ Reply to Thread