+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 211 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: House

CCL
    I'm of two minds, myself. It was an interesting episode, but it wasn't really what House is about (that is, figuring out what is wrong with a patient with strange symptoms). I guess you could say he was figuring out what was wrong with the woman, albeit not in a "do this test, do that scan" manner. I wouldn't want many future episodes to follow the "talky" pattern of last night's show but, that said, it was, overall, a good episode.

I did find it interesting that the rape victim's name was Eve, with all the connotations of the First Woman that name brought to mind. Not sure if that was intentional but I'm thinking that with all the quasi-religious talk in last night's show the writers probably did purposely choose that name.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Help!!! I feel asleep and missed House's "dark secret". Can anyone tell me what happened.
    When I woke up House and the girl were sitting in the park and House was saying something about it being his grandmother and his father.

Eve asked House to tell her a time he had been hurt. He waffled a long time thinking what if anything he would tell her and whether it would be the truth.

So he says that he spent a lot of time with his grandmother while his parents were away and that she mistreated him. He wouldn’t behave himself and she was very strict, so she made him sleep out in the yard, take ice baths, etc. Eve asked what he called her. He said Emo (I may have that wrong). Eve asked what he called her after she did this to him. He said Emo. She says you’re lying, you wouldn’t have continued to call her that after the way she treated you. He says it is Dutch for grandmother, she was Dutch and his grandmother, so he continued to call her Emo.

Out in the park he says the story was true except it was his dad and not his grandmother. Then Eve is able to open up to him about the rape.

FORT Fogey
    i am sorry but really i do not want DR house to have a heart!!!!! bring back arrogant stuck up belligerent house back!!!

Thanks Brooks. I knew House had a good reason for not being close to his dad.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;2221844;
    i am sorry but really i do not want DR house to have a heart!!!!! bring back arrogant stuck up belligerent house back!!!
    I agree in a wicked sort of way.

toothdoc

I still want to see House get back with his ex-wife..they showed her on a previous episode several weeks ago, where her current husband needed House's medical expertise. Will they ever bring her back on the show? They just sort of let this storyline hang.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by brooks
    He said Emo (I may have that wrong). Eve asked what he called her after she did this to him. He said Emo. She says you’re lying, you wouldn’t have continued to call her that after the way she treated you.
    Actually it was Oma. Dutch for Grandmother. He said "She was still my grandmother and she's still Dutch" ETA: And actually, I just checked the literal translation and the literal translation for Oma is Granny.
    Last edited by nilesgirl; 01-31-2007 at 08:09 PM.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Even though it deviated from the show and House we are used to and love. i did enjoy seeing House have a chance to be a little open. I enjoy every time we get to see a small chink in his armor. Not that I want this to become all about deconstructing House, but in very small and random doses I like learning more about our beloved doc.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2222220;
    I still want to see House get back with his ex-wife..they showed her on a previous episode several weeks ago, where her current husband needed House's medical expertise. Will they ever bring her back on the show? They just sort of let this storyline hang.
    That was a repeat episode from last season or the season before.

+ Reply to Thread